Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tornado Hunters

NL

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Last week discovery Channel aired 'Tornado Hunters'(Tuesday i think?) and what a crazy pair of chasers these are extreme close intercepts and footage of actually being caught up inside a tornado. These guys (Randy Hicks and Lanny Dean) go under the name of Outlaw chasers http://www.extremechasetours.com/Home_Page.php and it is to be aired again on discovery channel at 6.00pm tonight, and again at 10pm. Well worth a watch.

Posted

Just watched it again, the footage they have of the Greensburg tornado is incredible, a sobering look at the destruction. But whatever you think of their style, they certainly have got some good footage, although the camera quality doesn't quite compare to that on 'Stormchasers'.

Posted

Yeah, i would agree with those comments. Some very good footage although i preferred the camera work/personalities on storm chasers :rolleyes:

Posted

Big Welcome to Netweathers Newest Member Namely one of the Stars of that Show - Lanny Dean

Nice to see you posting on a Uk Forum :)

See you on the Plains next week Lanny!

Paul Sherman

The part where they are in the middle of an open field with TWO big Tornadoes either side of them was the best scene. Didn't think I would like this show because I'm so used to 'Storm Chasers' with Reed and Joel, but this show was pretty good :)

All,

I Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who watched our show, Tornado Hunters. It was a pleasure to be a part of it and I think it is great that it aired "across the pond" so to speak.

For those that do not know, Tornado Hunters actually aired here in the states in late 2007/2008 before StormChasers and actually the first airing was on Christmas night 2007 to be exact. Randy and I signed with Trutv via Tiger Aspects in 2007 and thats when they followed us around.

I understand that Discovery UK bought the show and hence it airing there.

Again, thanks to all who tuned in to check it out. I believe they will be airing it again 3 more times this week.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an e-mail and without trying to sound like I am trying to promote my website (sorry Mod's) you all can see my website at www.ExtremeChaseTours.com

Thanks again,

Lanny Dean

Extreme Chase Tours LLC

www.ExtremeChaseTours.com

417-294-4593

Posted

your show was A ONE mate....really enjoyed it...well done...Hopefully we see more of your footage at some point

I would love to see the twisters you have seen on that programme...Im still waiting to see my first one :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted

your THIRD CHANCE to see the programme tonight at 9.00pm channel 524..then repeats at 10pm on 549

Edited by dogs32