Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Open University Course

LiamWX

Posted

Hi, i am looking to expand my knowledge in meteorology. As meteorology is a big interest of mine i was wondering if this course would be any good to do in my spare time before i actually go to university in September. The course description sounds good and it does sound like i would learn a lot of new and detailed stuff.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this course and what they though of it.

Here is a link: http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01S189

If you have done it, could you please give a more detailed description of what you learn.

Thanks

Liam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I did the old 3rd level Oceanography course back around 1986, which also contained the basics. It's good to see that meteorology now has a course of its own. Good stuff! :lol:

Posted

Hi, Thanks for replies. I think i might enroll. Its not too expensive and it does sound good. Only a short course as well so wont take too long. Anyway will think about it over next few days.

Thanks

Liam

Posted

I have looked into doing a course like that in the past and of all the ones I have looked at that one looks by far the best. It believe it was developed with the Royal Meteorological Society or they have had something to do with it anyway. So that should help to ensure quality and the open uni are always excellent. I think if you are going to go for one then that is the one to go for. :lol:

Posted
Hi, Thanks for replies. I think i might enroll. Its not too expensive and it does sound good. Only a short course as well so wont take too long. Anyway will think about it over next few days.

Thanks

Liam

its not to long I started in sept last year, and deadlines are either end of October or end jan.