Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A still & clear starlit night with temp at 11.8c. Spotted a meteor on my (drunken) cycle back from the pub (well cheap as chips university bar). Certainly a fresher feel but certainly not cold.

The weather is just fantastic this morning crystal clear blue skies with wonderful air quality(thats polar maritime air for you) and temps of 2C, should be another warm and very pleasant day, isn't spring great beats the muggyness of July and August by a mile.

Posted

A mixture of bright sunny spells and cloudy intervals so far this morning.

Current temperature 8.6ºc

Humidity 77%

Pressure 1007.0hPa

Average windspeed 0.7mph

Maximum gust speed 3.1mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 0.0mm (Not strictly true; we did have a couple of short lived April showers yesterday while the sun was out.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells
The weather is just fantastic this morning crystal clear blue skies with wonderful air quality(thats polar maritime air for you) and temps of 2C, should be another warm and very pleasant day, isn't spring great beats the muggyness of July and August by a mile.

Oh I dunno - it's just another charm of a different part of the year. Besides I like that muggyness for keeping it warm enough in the evenings for sitting out. This week has really shown - much as warm, sunny daytimes are lovely I'd much rather have those coupled with warm nights so I can actually enjoy the early evening outdoors a bit. It gets chilly within a hour or so of me leaving work at the moment. Frustrating when you've stared out the window all day at this lovely weather!

This morning is lovely - clear deep blue skies, light winds and 12c so far after a 9.2c low. Hope it lasts all day!

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 15.7°C

Minimum temperature: 1.6°C

Minimum temperature on grass: -1.6°C

Rainfall total: 1.0mm.

Conditions and Readings @ 09:00 GMT

A clear and chilly start with a ground frost. Sunny up to observation with a few cumulus clouds beginning to bubble up.

Sky: 2 Oktas, Cumulus.

Temperature: 12.5°C

Wind Direction: Force 2 SE.

Humidity: 77%

Barometer : 1007mb steady.

…………………………………………….

Yesterday 25th April 2009

The day began dry and breezy with hazy sunny spells. Cloud quickly increased through the morning with light rain setting in just before the observation, but only producing a trace by then.

The mainly light to moderate rain cleared around 10:00 GMT with sunny spells following which continued for the rest of the day. Maximum temperature 15.7c. Maximum wind gust 29mph from the East. Rain 1.0mm.

..…………………………………………………………………………………………………

April 2009 so far:

Mean temperature: 10.5c + 2.8c

Maximum temperature: 19.5c on the 20th

Minimum temperature: –0.9c on the 5th

Grass Minimum: –3.4c on the 5th

Rainfall = 19.5mm

Wettest 24 hours: 5.7mm on the 9th

Maximum wind gust: 41mph on the 8th

………………………………………..

2009 so far:

Maximum temperature: 17.2c on the 1st April

Minimum temperature: –7.3 on the 7th January

Grass Minimum: –9.4c on the 7th February

Rainfall: = 137.6mm

Wettest 24 hours: 12.0mm on the 3rd March.

Maximum wind gust: 46mph 23rd March.

Oh I dunno - it's just another charm of a different part of the year. Besides I like that muggyness for keeping it warm enough in the evenings for sitting out. This week has really shown - much as warm, sunny daytimes are lovely I'd much rather have those coupled with warm nights so I can actually enjoy the early evening outdoors a bit. It gets chilly within a hour or so of me leaving work at the moment. Frustrating when you've stared out the window all day at this lovely weather!

This morning is lovely - clear deep blue skies, light winds and 12c so far after a 9.2c low. Hope it lasts all day!

Fair enough everyone has their likes and dislikes if we was all the same it would be a boring world, i don't mind muggyness if we get some decent thunderstorms to go with it, i`m finding the early evenings warm enough, at 8 pm for example the temp is still around 13C most nights, temps are slow to drop off i find this time of year and fast to rise in the morning, already upto 12C.

I've read elsewhere the weekend turned out much better than the models said a few days ago i disagree to me it was always looking a fine warm weekend cold at night with polar maritime air which gives lovely crisp skies, its tomorrow it was always going to go downhill.

Yes it should last all day the scattered showers should be well shattered and we in the central and north midlands should miss most of them, watch out for tomorrow morning though it should be heavy.

Posted

Sunny now after misty start, 10.9°C. Feels like: 10.9°C.

Humidity: 94% . Dewpoint: 10.0°C.

Wind (10 min. avg. high): SW at 1.0mph. Today's rain: 0.0mm.

Rain Rate: 0.0mm/hr. Solar Radiation: 630W/m².

Barometer: 1000.2 mb and Falling Slowly .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A sunny start but cumulus building steadily now, 6 oktas cover at present. A min' of 3.1c last night and a grass min' of -1.0c.

Posted

Temp: 17C

Scattered cumulus 2-3/8

Wind: 10mph S

Humidity: 37%

The temperature has really climbed rapidly this morning with over 3C gained in per hour at some points.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Still dry, bright and mild (10.5C), but cumulus deveolpment is ongoing.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 9.5c

Outdoor humidity 70%

Pressure 1002mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 16mph

Gust 26mph

Cloud Height 2315ft

Wet Bulb 7c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 87mm

Dew Point 4c

Wind Chill 5c

Weather Cloudy dry dull

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Wall to wall sunshine early one now more cloudy but plenty of sun still around. Warm again

Posted

After 3 hours of scattered cloud here, the sky is once again clearing with temperatures responding to higher levels than predicted.

Temp: 19C

Scattered cumulus <1/8

Wind 12mph SE

Humidity: 32%

Posted

Cooler to yesterday again,quite alot of developing cumulus earlier,but now it`s layered out still with a S/SE-ly at 11.7c

Posted

Sunny and warm again, so far the weekend has been very good, the beeb at first made it seem pretty poor, but so far we have had a brief rain shower (saturday) and the rest sunny and dry, current temp 16.5c and rising, with a notable breeze.

Posted

:doh: Hurrah I'm back online at home!

Today started sunny, cumulus built up from 09.00 and by 11.00 it was overcast with a few light showers. The maximum so far has been the 13.6c which we're at now while humidity is 64%. It's cloudy/bright at the moment.

Posted

After clear blue skies with plenty of sunshine this morning, its clouded over in the last hour or so. Current temperature 16.9C (today's high 18.6C,) with a light easterly breeze.