Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase 2009 Day 13 Discussion

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
I'm being shouted at by the other half, to goto bed....lol.....so I'd better go to sleep give it another 30 mins radar watching...lol

Haha, i used to get that.. but now i'm happily divorced and can watch till the sun comes up..!! Thing is i'm off too an all -nighter the morra, me mates DJing at a secret location in Newcastle along with top canadian dj John 00 Fleming, so if i stay up all night tonight i can sleep all day and be fine Saturday neet..!!

Anyway back to topic, careful Nathan Tornado warned cell approaches.

WFUS54 KFWD 090145

TORFWD

TXC337-090230-

/O.NEW.KFWD.TO.W.0027.090509T0145Z-090509T0230Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORT WORTH TX

845 PM CDT FRI MAY 8 2009

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN FORT WORTH HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

NORTHERN MONTAGUE COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS...

* UNTIL 930 PM CDT

* AT 845 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE METEOROLOGISTS DETECTED A

DEVELOPING TORNADO 3 MILES SOUTH OF NOCONA...MOVING SOUTHEAST AT 10

MPH.

* THE TORNADO WILL BE NEAR...

ST. JO BY 930 PM CDT...

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

TAKE COVER IN A BASEMENT...OR ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF YOUR HOME IN AN

INTERIOR CLOSET OR BATHROOM. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS FOR COVER.

IN ADDITION TO TORNADOES...LARGE HAIL ARE LIKELY WITH THIS STORM.

A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CDT SATURDAY MORNING

FOR NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS.

Posted

Preliminary storm reports 20 tornadoes have touched down across several US states and

unfortunately 2 fatalities and 5 injuries so far. NWS survey team have also determined that a tornado touched down in Dallas County, Missouri and was confirmed as an EF2 with a width of 400 yards, winds

of 130mph and traveled intermittently along a 4 mile path, this tornado was responsible for one of the deaths.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/today.html

Posted

Severe flooding and scattered wind damage reported from Brownwood TX ... cell gave winds at the weather station there of N gusting to 60 mph at 01z and SE gusting to 45 mph at 02z as it moved across from northwest to southeast.

Could get ugly tonight if the cells north of DFW merge into a meso-scale cluster. Full moon at 0402z.

Posted

I'm not suprised at the flooding as the storm/s over that area was extremely slow

moving. Looking forward to the teams photos/reports later. The full moon has not long set here

big/yellow and enchanting it was too..!! as it dipped over the horizon.

Posted

[uRGENT URGENT

CAN PAUL OR JOHN CONTACT US BY HOTEL PHONE WE ARE STAYING AT RODEWAY INN ARDMORE 1-800 4246423 ROOM 250 OR CALL ME MOBILE IF YOU ARE ABLE 07990571833

MY LAPTOP HAS CRASHED AND I CANNOT RESTART IT, IT GOES TO A BLANK SCREEN AFTER THE VISTA WINDOW AND WONT REPOND TO ANYTHING SAME IN SAFE MODE???? TIME IS 2330

Posted
[uRGENT URGENT

CAN PAUL OR JOHN CONTACT US BY HOTEL PHONE WE ARE STAYING AT RODEWAY INN ARDMORE 1-800 4246423 ROOM 250 OR CALL ME MOBILE IF YOU ARE ABLE 07990571833

MY LAPTOP HAS CRASHED AND I CANNOT RESTART IT, IT GOES TO A BLANK SCREEN AFTER THE VISTA WINDOW AND WONT REPOND TO ANYTHING SAME IN SAFE MODE???? TIME IS 2330

Steve we are still on the move and are heading to weatherford for the night John went home today so is in the air will ask the guys when we stop see if we have a techie brian between us hope it is just a clitch

Posted
Steve we are still on the move and are heading to weatherford for the night John went home today so is in the air will ask the guys when we stop see if we have a techie brian between us hope it is just a clitch

Ok thanks for that . We will have to come up with a plan. :doh:

Posted

Incredible Chase for Team 2 after just landing! Not 1 but 2 Supercells and a HP & LP Supercell to boot. Amazing Structure and a beautiful Funnel Cloud as well as dangerous CG Lightning. After cresting a Hill on I20 We could see the base of our 1st Cell a LP Supercell with a Roping out Funnel Cloud halfway to the ground. Think Pat has some video and Ross has a picture. We then dived south for the HP Beast that clobbered Brownwood, as we went West from Comanche the base and 3 Huge Rotating Wall Clouds came into view and we were 3 Miles East of where the warning said the Developing Tornado will be. Drove to about 1/4 Mile of the Meso and Wall clouds but no touchdown. The guys are very happy as the cell then morped into a Mothership structure before nightfall. :doh:

Report and Pictures to Follow

Paul S

Posted

sounds great Paul. :doh:

Morning you lot out there. :D

i see there are a few watches out on the SPC so things look good for team 2

Posted
Preliminary storm reports 20 tornadoes have touched down across several US states and

unfortunately 2 fatalities and 5 injuries so far. NWS survey team have also determined that a tornado touched down in Dallas County, Missouri and was confirmed as an EF2 with a width of 400 yards, winds

of 130mph and traveled intermittently along a 4 mile path, this tornado was responsible for one of the deaths.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/climo/reports/today.html

The NWS report also mentions a further two fatalities as a tree fell on a car in Butler Missouri.

Posted
The NWS report also mentions a further two fatalities as a tree fell on a car in Butler Missouri.

I feel this thread needs a better conclusion than the words that I left hanging there this morning.

I am sure, those involved in chasing, are all too painfully aware of the potential consequences of the ferocious storms, that we all crave so much.

My heart goes out to the people who have suffered as a result of yesterday's weather.

Whilst chasing, clearly is a pleasurable experience for those involved, it needs to be emphasized, that storm chasing and observation, can only serve to increase people's awareness of the dangers of extreme weather and help provide a better understanding of the mechanism's involved.

Chaser's can and often do help to save lives by reporting conditions on the ground, allowing media to provide early warnings to the populations of areas in the firing line.

Please learn from these unfortunate accident's, keep your eyes open and your heads down. Good luck to all you chasers out there and stay safe.

Good Hunting.