Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Longest Wait In Year For 1st 20oc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Those who havent reached 20c are extremely unlucky!

Here has been between 20-23c all afternoon and thats not the first time above 20c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

19.5C is my highest so far, that was yesterday. There's a small chance of beating it tomorrow but tis more likely to be late next week.

Only managed 15.4C today

Posted

The top temperature here today was 19.3C meaning this year will be the latest date to reach 20C for 21 years:

1988: Jun 19th

1986: Jun 13th

1983: Jun 7th

1985: May 26th

2009: May 23rd (Current Max 19.3C)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

I feel sorry for you guys up north, we haven't had a sub 16C daytime max since sometime in April :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still waiting, but it is only May, and I'm in the relatively cool west.

Posted

Southsea (Hants) has finally reached 20C as of 10 minutes ago, previous high was 19.9 on April 20th. Last time we hit 20C was my wedding day, September 13th 2008. :lol:

Matt

Edited by Matt Taylor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Still not reaching it.. I'm starting to wonder, I really am..

Posted

20.3ºc yesterday. (23/5/09)

Currently @ 15:58, Sunday 24th May 2009 - 20.7ºc

DP : 6ºc

Humidity : 40%

Better update my sig later I guess. But a beautifully clear and sunny day.

Scotch the rumours that Whitsun Bank Holiday is supposed to be dull and wet... Then again, there's always tomorrow! :)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Still not reached it and not much chance tomorrow - wow this is getting quite ridiculous, my location has never had a problem with reaching 20C before June (in my lifetime!)

Only 19.5C today.

Posted
Still not reached it and not much chance tomorrow - wow this is getting quite ridiculous, my location has never had a problem with reaching 20C before June (in my lifetime!)

Only 19.5C today.

You've been very close today, most a half decent chance tomorrow?

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted
You've been very close today, most a half decent chance tomorrow?

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

I thought that yesterday but the forecasts on the maritime model are for it to reach 19C by lunchtime and for seabreezes to knock it back to about 14C by 3pm so that certainly cuts the chance!

Can't argue though it was very pleasant today in the sun today but it was notably chilly in the breeze.

Posted

Today ended up cooler than yesterday with a max of 17.8C, so we're still to record 20C.

Theres a high chance we can make it tomorrow if there isnt a breeze from the North Sea, otherwise we could be waiting until the end of the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

25c recorded yesterday, and today is forecast to reach 28C :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Still not reached it here. 18.2C today is my warmest so far.

Now down to 13.3C with steady rain. :)

Posted

Finally reached it today with a stroke of luck 21.2C today just before the seabreezes came in and knocked it back to 15C, from then on it felt rather cold.

Not expecting 21.2C to be breached again throughout the next month!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

I havent reached 20c yet this year,today was the warmest day i recorded at my location so far this year with a temp of 19.1c

Edited by sundog

Posted

A weather not too distant from me recorded 21.2 degrees today, so I guess we also hit the magic 21 degrees, topography and shelter isn't that much different to said weather station.

A glorious morning and early afternoon period, however the clouds did thicken by late afternoon, though they thinned out again by dusk..

It been a very good bank holiday weekend weatherwise in the lake district, not perfect as Saturday started wet and was cloudy in the main and quite cool, but yesterday and today were perfect.. I always believe the whit bank holiday has a far greater chance of delivering good conditions than the august bank holiday in this part of the world.

Posted

Still no 20C here. Monday's maximum was 18.9C.

The odds are now shortening on us not reaching it until June. Remarkable these days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Finally breached the 20C mark on friday attaining 20.3C, yesterday topped out at 21.9C though so well cleared now and looking to the 80F mark next.... :)

Posted

Still not reached it here, although might over the weekend. I'm sure their may be records broken here for Spring in terms of number of days with rain, low sunshine and low maximum temps.

Thank god i'm off to Jersey for a week tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Cleadon finally broke the 20C barrier for the first time on the 24th May, soaring to 22.4C. Springs do tend to be quite cool by the Tyne & Wear coast- 20C was reached by the end of April only in 1994, 1997, 2002 and 2007, while in 1993, 2006 and 2008 there was no 20C until June, so 24 May isn't exceptionally late by any means.

Posted
Cleadon finally broke the 20C barrier for the first time on the 24th May, soaring to 22.4C. Springs do tend to be quite cool by the Tyne & Wear coast- 20C was reached by the end of April only in 1994, 1997, 2002 and 2007, while in 1993, 2006 and 2008 there was no 20C until June, so 24 May isn't exceptionally late by any means.

Im suprised Cleadon reached 22.4C. The same day we only managed to reach 17.8C. We did however have more of a sea breeze down here.

My records go back to mid-1982 and in that time only 3 years have failed to reach 20C by 1st June. Already it is the latest date for 21 years:

1988: Jun 19th

1986: Jun 13th

1983: Jun 7th

2009: May 27th (Current Max 19.3C)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes the sea breeze makes a big difference- on the 25th in Cleadon we got no higher than 17C. The 24th in Cleadon had a slight westerly breeze, fending off the sea breezes- under those circumstances the east coast can ironically end up as the warmest part of the region due to a slight fohn effect. According to Dennis Wheeler the same process brought Sunderland's record highest temperature of 33.0C on 3 August 1990, which was slightly higher than most inland parts of the region recorded.