Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Longest Wait In Year For 1st 20oc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I'm just watching what could evolve into a foehn effect today - the skies are breaking above here and to the south, and the humidity is dropping quite fast - it could be interesting if this unravels!

Posted

Yes Stephen, it looks like there may have been a foehn effect- Hawarden has seen 20C today and Rhyl 19C. Quite similar to yesterday really when Rhyl was the warmest place in the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

No 20c here as yet but it looks as though tomorrow or Friday may do it. If not we'll be waiting until at least a week into June by the look of the models. Once the easterly wind kicks in on Saturday there'll be little chance of it making 20c here no matter how sunny it is.

Posted

I'd be fairly surprised if come Saturday there are still some spots in England and Wales away from the east coast that is who have yet to record there first 20 degrees of the year..

For Wales, SW England, NW England and W Midlands 20 degrees looks likely in most spots on Friday and possibly, much of central and southern and eastern england have recorded 20 degrees already, however, eastern coastal localities who have yet to see 20 degrees probably won't before the month is out as we see an easterly breeze develop.

In fact much of Scotland away from the east coast will have most likely recorded 20 degrees before May is out.

Posted

Friday does look like being the warmest day of the year so far in the west, before the dryer/somewhat cooler east wind comes in.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn4817.png

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn7217.png

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I think for Friday the following temperature are likely to be reached as maximums.

Rhos-on-sea: 26C

Hawarden: 25C

Blackpool: 24C

Liverpool: 24C

Glasgow: 24C

Manchester: 23C

Stoke: 23C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Hmm London is down as 20C for Friday.. I think if any sun came out then at least the low 20s would be reached..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

With the Easterly breezes developing I feel that I am going to see out May without a 20C. Notice that the forecasts have reduced maxes from 21C over the next couple of days to circa 15C now.

Will have to head inland for my heat I fear. :)

Posted

We finally made 20C here. Today's max was 21.1C.

Its the latest in the year since 1988, so a pretty impressive stat in an otherwise boring spring!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

19.9C in my back garden this afternoon. So near but yet so far.

Next few days are touch and go depending on how much of an Easterly / South Easterly breeze developes. May be enough of a Southerly element to make it tomorrow?

Posted

19.8c here so not quite, I think 20c will be reached tomorrow though. The last May not to reach 20c here was in 1994.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

reached 20c again today we had a max of 23c predicting over 25c tomorrow as the forecast is 23c and its uusally a couple of degrees warmer!

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Got up to 20c at my location for the first time this year. The max temp today was 20.4c :D

Posted
19.9C in my back garden this afternoon. So near but yet so far.

Next few days are touch and go depending on how much of an Easterly / South Easterly breeze developes. May be enough of a Southerly element to make it tomorrow?

Yes I think your best chance will be tomorrow as the wind will be south easterly and not so strong, by Saturday it will be easterly and uppers will be slightly cooler, thereafter mmm NE coastal scotland is looking very chilly!! with some bbrr North easterlies on the way..

Posted
Same here TM looks like tomorrow will bring the first 20C here in the west of Scotland. Would not be surprised if it bursts a keg and hits 23 or 24. Will be watching and waiting. Anything over 20C is hot up here, only happened 19 times last year, I think!!

Yes you will be a very favoured spot to at least 22 degrees if not 23 degrees with slim chance of 24 degrees, tomorrow is looking a good day indeed.

Posted

Despite my thinking that yesterday maybe even 25C in the bag, it does not look like my location will surpass 20C with thick fog galore.

Posted
Despite my thinking that yesterday maybe even 25C in the bag, it does not look like my location will surpass 20C with thick fog galore.

Looks like the fog has soon burnt off and 24-25C was reached around your location after all.

Will be a struggle to reach 20C here tomorrow with the wind off a cold North Sea, beeb suggests temps will be around the mid-teens tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

25.8oC my max today, 3 days till summer, chill coming wednesday 3rd with northerly showing on 6th

Posted

20c easily exceeded today with a max' of 21.4c. Not sure whether this will be repeated tomorrow with a brisk east wind from the word go. as opposed to today where the east wind didn't really pick up until mid-afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

26c here today! :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

21.8c here today which is first day over 20c here this year!

Yesterday it got up to 19.8c although it was well above 20c in south somerset when i went down to see family. :winky:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Stephen...did you reach 20c yesterday :):)

Posted
Yes I think your best chance will be tomorrow as the wind will be south easterly and not so strong, by Saturday it will be easterly and uppers will be slightly cooler, thereafter mmm NE coastal scotland is looking very chilly!! with some bbrr North easterlies on the way..

Just missed again yesterday I am afraid. 19.6C tops. Under 5 miles to the North West of me inland it reached 23C though it was even cooler than here right on the coast.

Posted

Still waiting for it here. 19.9C again earlier today but now the breeze has picked up and I am down to 18.8C.

22.8C at Auchterhouse 3/4 miles North of here but further from the river. 15.8C in town nearer the North sea.

Posted

In 2005, I had to wait until June 17th for it to reach above 21C whilst 2007 saw it exceeded by April 14th. This year it was May 25th, which is pretty late, even for here.