Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather In Cyprus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

try using google earth with the weather turned on

Posted
I'm off to Cyprus in 3 weeks time and wondered if anybody new a website that would let me track possible storms or weather???

I was in Cyprus last year and it hadnt rained on the south side of the island for nearly 2 years. You will be lucky to see a cloud in the sky from my recolection of the weather. The whole island ran out of water and it was turned off for the last 2 days of our holiday...a NIGHTMARE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

hot, dry - more likely to have moderating breezes on the west coast, which part are you going to?

If it gets too hot head for the hills!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

You are in the southeast, well I imagine it will be rather hot and dusty - I suppose you might see some storms but don't bank on it, it is actually unusual to see storms in Greece in summer, it is more normal to see them in Autumn.

Hi Jacket...

Eisai apw Ellada?

or are you a expatriot?

Posted

Kalhmera or Kalhspera ! Proud to be Greek? Me too

I'm not an expatriot..

I live in Athens but I'm from Amfiklia Fthiotidos.

I do skiing there (Parnassos skiing center) and thats why I love snow and everything has to do with weather

I am a computer engineer and its always on my mind to built a meteorogical site but its realy realy hard to do it!!

For start I have found the way to manage GFS grib2 files from ftps of NOOA and working on it

Hope to find answers to some questions about weather I have in here, Nikos!

Posted
Kalhmera or Kalhspera ! Proud to be Greek? Me too

I'm not an expatriot..

I live in Athens but I'm from Amfiklia Fthiotidos.

I do skiing there (Parnassos skiing center) and thats why I love snow and everything has to do with weather

I am a computer engineer and its always on my mind to built a meteorogical site but its realy realy hard to do it!!

For start I have found the way to manage GFS grib2 files from ftps of NOOA and working on it

Hope to find answers to some questions about weather I have in here, Nikos!

What Greek I have (I am only 50%), I am still proud though!

You must have enjoyed I think it was the 2006 winter when Athens was hit by alot of snow, it was big news - I think that year it snowed on Paleohora too in south Crete on the beach!

Enjoy your stay on Net-weather anyway :lol:

Posted

Nice to see some fellow Greeks here!

I also agree with what's been already said. Storms in Cyprus are very unlikely in Summer although mainland Greece gets some. I come from Serres, in the far north and we often get scattered thunderstorms during the afternoon and early evening. Best thing about the summer!

Karyo

Posted
What Greek I have (I am only 50%), I am still proud though!

You must have enjoyed I think it was the 2006 winter when Athens was hit by alot of snow, it was big news - I think that year it snowed on Paleohora too in south Crete on the beach!

Enjoy your stay on Net-weather anyway :lol:

It was the 2006 and 2008 winter!!

I remember 18/2/2008, 50cm of snow near my house and hadnt gone to bed for three days..

I dont now if this is enjoy