Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Is it possible that you could put humidity on the UK 7 day forecasts, like there is on other forecasts like F1 forecasts etc? I think it could be useful in the summer for people to see whether it is going to be hot and sticky or just hot and dry (or more likely cold and raining!).

Posted

Dewpoint would be a better idea. A much better gauge of "stickiness".

Posted

They already do a Humidex in summer. I think that totally overblows the apparent heat though. Heat Index is not much worth in the UK because dewpoints are rarely above 18C, and it;s only when it gets to that stage that there becomes any difference in temp and feels like temp.

They already do a Humidex in summer. I think that totally overblows the apparent heat though. Heat Index is not much worth in the UK because dewpoints are rarely above 18C, and it;s only when it gets to that stage that there becomes any difference in temp and feels like temp.

You must be joking!

It feels a lot warmer than what it is when it is really humid even if the air temp is only 15C!

Posted
You must be joking!

It feels a lot warmer than what it is when it is really humid even if the air temp is only 15C!

Hardly. 15/12 (RH=82%) does not feel much, if any, warmer than, say, 15/05 (RH=50%).