Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted

Evening all, everything looking very messy on the radar at the moment, but plenty to keep the interest up.

Out in the USA the team are in a great position and some action could kick off anytime - you can follow live on the video stream:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaselive;sess=

Latest info and forecast discussion can be found here:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=55119

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
I personally still think the blue area is midlands.

The thing is that is classed by people as being Midlands but how is that in the center of England? I would love to know. It's clear that it's Western England, not far from Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
The thing is that is classed by people as being Midlands but how is that in the center of England? I would love to know. It's clear that it's Western England, not far from Wales.

The way the Metoffice name it is ( West Midlands )

While i suppose its not the Midlands itself. Its still the "midlands" being , west midlands.

If that make sense lol?

Posted
I just been outside checked temp. Currently at 20oC little breeze very cloudy still (of what i can see). But no sign of a thunderstorm. I did however, smell a bit of rain the distances so who knows.

There is rain heading for you from the SW....quite heavy by the looks of the 5 min radar....

not heading our way ...

but further inland in France - is that a substantial squall line ?

showing up as light pink along complete line on the netweather radar .... ?

not sure I've seen that before

Posted

u have west midlands and east midlands that is 100% west midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just started raining here - huge drops by the sounds of it - rain came out of nowhere.

No lightning observed though, nor thunder heard. If it has stopped in Maidstone, Eastbourne and the likes I think my hopes have seriously faded. But then again, something in me says that if the convection is increasing, it will be holding more rain aloft, therefore less hitting the ground and why we'd think its all fading - i.e. attention drawn again to the conversion - rapid uplift will cause a decrease in precip on the ground.

Next MetO loop in particular will be crucial. Still very very humid here though.

EDIT - I am at odds as to why the convective discussion board is now a battle for who can claim the borders of the Midlands, lol. I don't know whether in terms of weather forecasts I count as London or Kent, as I lift effectively on the border, about a mile or two inside Kent. So we all have to live with it, lol

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
u have west midlands and east midlands that is 100% west midlands.

Yes that blue circle is West of the MIDlands. Surely Western England? Yes people class the Midlands as East and West but what about when people just say "The Midlands" That should be the middle of England... Which is where my yellow shaded area suggests lol.

in fact 2 squall lines ?

they are so pale they almost look like no returns - but I'm sure they are the highest rainfall reading ?

not heading our way ...

but further inland in France - is that a substantial squall line ?

showing up as light pink along complete line on the netweather radar .... ?

not sure I've seen that before

Posted

no recent sferics, the tracks stop dead, as usual, on the south coast, as has been the norm throughout today (this morning, this afternoon and now this evening!)

edit: torrential rain out of the blue, sounds like hail!

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

You can tell not much is happening. The storms thread has been reduced to a debate about how you define the Midlands. Still, could always put the US storm chase stream on :lol:

Posted
Ok, i'm good at being a pain in the backside to i'm going to do what I do best and annoy people :lol:

Here is my interpretation of the Midlands.... The blue circle of roughly where you live and the Yellow area is what I call MIDlands :D

Now who agrees or disagrees with me that the blue area is not MIDlands and the yellow area is?

Technically it is still the midlands http://www.picturesofengland.com/mapofengl...dlands-map.html albeit West Midlands.

dl

Posted
the showers running up central UK have pepped up slightly :lol: .......just might be in luck tonight

This is making me laugh how does everyone seem so confident about storms tonight.

Posted
You can tell not much is happening. The storms thread has been reduced to a debate about how you define the Midlands. Still, could always put the US storm chase stream on :lol:

:D

Posted
Just started raining here - huge drops by the sounds of it - rain came out of nowhere.

No lightning observed though, nor thunder heard. If it has stopped in Maidstone, Eastbourne and the likes I think my hopes have seriously faded. But then again, something in me says that if the convection is increasing, it will be holding more rain aloft, therefore less hitting the ground and why we'd think its all fading - i.e. attention drawn again to the conversion - rapid uplift will cause a decrease in precip on the ground.

Next MetO loop in particular will be crucial. Still very very humid here though.

EDIT - I am at odds as to why the convective discussion board is now a battle for who can claim the borders of the Midlands, lol. I don't know whether in terms of weather forecasts I count as London or Kent, as I lift effectively on the border, about a mile or two inside Kent. So we all have to live with it, lol

Its all gone Pete Tong here as well ,nothing, big-ish dollops of rain,the lamp posts that are so critical in winter are just an annoyance when desperately looking for distant lightning :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
the showers running up central UK have pepped up slightly :D .......just might be in luck tonight

:lol: Oh gawd.

Dont say things like that lol

Ill never get to sleep at this rate lol

Posted
This is making me laugh how does everyone seem so confident about storms tonight.

and that's an easy one to answer! we r desparate for a storm so we r imagining rhings that r not really there :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
no recent sferics, the tracks stop dead, as usual, on the south coast, as has been the norm throughout today (this morning, this afternoon and now this evening!)

edit: torrential rain out of the blue, sounds like hail!

The conversion zone causing rapid ascent of precip? Or, the rain we are getting is merely a small shower ahead of the main band.

If you were in the SE at the moment, with the humidity, plus the other signs making it feel 'thundery' in the air, you'd know :lol: That said, sod all of note to report, though MW's latest comment is more promising.

someone on t'other forum reporting seeing lightning to the west (from London)

The conversion zone causing rapid ascent of precip? Or, the rain we are getting is merely a small shower ahead of the main band.

If you were in the SE at the moment, with the humidity, plus the other signs making it feel 'thundery' in the air, you'd know :lol: That said, sod all of note to report, though MW's latest comment is more promising.

Posted
:D Oh gawd.

Dont say things like that lol

Ill never get to sleep at this rate lol

yea thanks! just when i was about to turn in for the night aswell :lol:

Posted

Theres very frequent, distant lightning to be seen here to my South East; I would say its off the coast between Ramsgate and Dover. Very little thunder to be heard though. Here its just drizzling now.

Edited by J-Me

Posted

Im not trying to be to be so negitive just cause its cool for storms to develop. Be a huge surprise if they did :lol: