Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted

Its very muggy tonight, but has (thankfully!) got rather breezy in the last 30 mins or so, so am hoping this is a sign of some storms... doubt it though, and on the plus side, the lovely breeze is now making it cool enough to stand a chance of a decent night sleep :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Rain quietened down a bit now, but seeing a nice blob on the radar to south on the meto and meteox.... so looks like gonna get very wet here. No more flashes seen however

Posted
EDIT - Rain getting heavier by the sounds of it. Am I the only one in the SE corner today who hasn't seen lightning or heard thunder? I mean, seriously, lol

Excuse me .. neither have i seen rain/lightning/thunder... which is pretty rare for me in these setups. :wacko:

actually its now raining... scrap the first one

Edited by nanu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Lol. You'll get your rewards Harry. I really think we are in for a pasting over the next 3 hours. BANG!

Seasons

Here's hoping seasons - rain getting increasingly heavier now too!

Excuse me .. neither have i seen rain/lightning/thunder... which is pretty rare for me in these setups.

I am only about 8-10 miles away from you nanu, same kind of area I suppose. That makes two of us then, and anyone else in the catchment stretching from here to London.

Edited by Harry

Posted

Final update from me tonight, the chase team are heading to a severe storm just south of their location, follow them here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=chaselive;sess=

And don't forget the storm chase continues right until the end of the week with more severe weather likely...

Posted
EDIT - Rain getting heavier by the sounds of it. Am I the only one in the SE corner today who hasn't seen lightning or heard thunder? I mean, seriously, lol

Me too, I'm not too fussed though seeing as I'm slightly scared of lightning. :wacko:

Paul Sherman left his storm shield on full power, anyone in the upper Thames estuary area is screwed. :lazy:

Edited by jshaw

Posted

Just looked at the NW 5 min radar, and can't really see anything happening tonight. Even North France looks pretty dead to be honest. There are storm around, but none that look potent enough to survive the Channel.

Posted
Hi folks

Are my eyes playing up just saw a CC flash to my SW, raining here now, large drops too.

Steve

If you did, I am annoyed because I didnt see it, lol

Posted

Just awaiting the next MetO return, if its a bad showing, I'm off for some sleep (and maybe a cry lol)...jokes.

GRRR! It actually looks ok - some very intense returns around to the SW, and occasionally heavier bursts of rain here, with what sound like huge drops. I know I'll switch off, start drifting off and then something will start. Similarly, I will sit here like a pleb for the next hour listening to intermittent burst of light and heavy rain, while nothing happens for me to see or hear....

The weather, dont ya love it.

EDIT - Just did a Dark Knight heads or tails game, and we know tails never fails, well, heads came up trumps in this instance! According to 'the coin', it will.

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
The rain has pepped up a fair bit. Almost enough to officially declare it a wet Bank Holiday. (just!)

I don't want to blow my own trumpet here so to speak but I said this a few hours ago...

I still stand by my prediction that the Midlands may get a Thunderstorm tonight, if not a storm then at least some heavy rain. When I say Midlands though I don't mean Gloucestershire or Worcestershire. That is Western England to me :wacko: When I say Midlands I mean Leicester, Rutland, Nottingham, Derby, Coventry, Birmingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes.

Ok lets ignore the whole 'where the Midlands is' because I don't want to start that up again but I think I got the forecast of at least heavy rain for those areas mentioned partly right so far. Northants has got some and I bet Milton Keynes has too. Not sure if it will make it as far North as Nottingham or Derby though. Still dry here.

Posted
Just awaiting the next MetO return, if its a bad showing, I'm off for some sleep (and maybe a cry lol)...jokes.

same, what another let down for us west Kentsman. Deep down i knew east Kent would cop the lot! :wacko:

Mind you Eastbourne did quite well with 3 rounds :lazy:

Posted

Im waiting until midnight just want to see what happens as this rain in wales moves ENE

Posted

From what I can see on the NW radar, nothing much is going to happen tonight, other than a few random flashes of lightning in the distance. Hope I am wrong, but have a genuine confidence I'm not.

Seriously, have a look at the current radar - nothing will make its way over from France, and I honestly can't see any home grown storms cropping up now.

Posted
same, what another let down for us west Kentsman. Deep down i knew east Kent would cop the lot! :wacko:

Mind you Eastbourne did quite well with 3 rounds :lazy:

Meto just updated guys

not very good i'm afraid :) :lol: :)

ta

rob

off to bed now work at 6am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
From what I can see on the NW radar, nothing much is going to happen tonight, other than a few random flashes of lightning in the distance. Hope I am wrong, but have a genuine confidence I'm not.

Seriously, have a look at the current radar - nothing will make its way over from France, and I honestly can't see any home grown storms cropping up now.

agreed......just the odd chance of an embedded cell in the cold front (currently straddling wales & western england) as it pushes eastwards..There might be just enough lift to trigger a storm in the unstable air over southern/south eastern parts of the country

Posted
Damn. I need a bath but daren't run one in case I miss a distant rumble of thunder.

I would, I can smell u from here :wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

Damn that nice big heavy blob on the meteox radar has dissipated to the south of me, was hoping for at least a really good rain storm if wasnt to see a thunderstorm tonight.

Looks like its all raining itself out :wacko:

Posted

Can some kind NW extra person please tap in my postcode NN2 and report back? Rainfall rates must be fairly impressive as it seems torrential out there now.

Posted

I think a showery outbreak has taken place and east midlands and NE england look at best risk from that i may be wrong we will see.