Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June CET

In CET terms, the maxima/minima average lowest in Summer is 7.3 which has been recorded twice

In recent times, June 2 1991 came in at 7.6 and is the fourth coldest summer day on record

Thats about 3 by night and 12 by day I guess - a cold and clear night - like last night but colder, followed by a cloudy/wet day such as Sunday promises to be might get these sort of figures.

Looks unlikely we will get a single figure CET day now - maxima will be a little too high I think.

The first 5 days of June 1991 were pretty chilly! A CET min of 1.3C on the 5th being the coldest on record for June going back to 1878! On the June 2nd the min/max was 2.6/12.6 respectively.

Cant see the mins getting anywhere near that in the coming days, but the maximums wont be scorching either!

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted

Last time I saw the June CET it was 17.5c after that very warm spell some 4c above average now it`s 14.7c upto the 5th,today/tomorow will bring it down with a bang especially if it was around this area.

Posted
Last time I saw the June CET it was 17.5c after that very warm spell some 4c above average now it`s 14.7c upto the 5th,today/tomorow will bring it down with a bang especially if it was around this area.

Yes a noticeably sharp drop in the CET at a rapid rate, the sharpest such drop I expect that we have seen in a long time.

Posted
Hadley 14.0C to the 6th

a couple more days of decline I would imagine down to mid 13s before we rise again

Hadley 13.6C to the 7th

Posted

That surprising about last June,there were 5 chilly nights from the 12th last year,theres a cold night tonight too.

Climate UK has it at just 12.8c(-0.6c) below average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm
It would be interesting to see a regional breakdown of this, as it seems warmer than that here.

My basic thermo got down to 4c last night/very early hours....it was chilly. There doesn't seem to be much real warmth in the offing either. Yes weekend will be better but only for what is expected in June. Very dry again down here though overall.

BFTP

Posted

Hadley remains on 13.2C after yesterday came in at 12.7C

I suspect today might be a little cooler than yesterday so we might see 13.1C by tomorrow. A small rise in the near term looks likely thereafter.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
Hadley remains on 13.2C after yesterday came in at 12.7C

I suspect today might be a little cooler than yesterday so we might see 13.1C by tomorrow. A small rise in the near term looks likely thereafter.

Do you think it could push up to 16C by the end of the month?

Another guess down the pan!

edit: perhaps Mr Data can give me some hope with warmer second halves of June!

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The first half of June 2005 was comparably cool and then the second half (warmest since 1976) brought the CET into the mid-15s.

Posted
Do you think it could push up to 16C by the end of the month?

Another guess down the pan!

edit: perhaps Mr Data can give me some hope with warmer second halves of June!

I sustained spell of late June weather averaging 18-19C is possible, but unlikely, particularly this year I think.

Those with guesses in the early 14s are sitting prettiest in my opinion

Posted

Suspect we are seeing the lowest CET value for the month and a gradual though no rapid rise in the CET will occur from now through to the months end, upper benchmark probably 15 degrees tops, I don't foresee a protracted warm spell on the horizon to help take it higher than this.

Posted
The first half of June 2005 was comparably cool and then the second half (warmest since 1976) brought the CET into the mid-15s.

I remember that. I think London reached 34C around the 19th. I think July 2005 also started on a coolish note and became much warmer during the second half. Perhaps a similar Summer to come this year?

Posted

Hadley is on 13.0C today after yesterday came in at a cool 11.2C.

Today's minima is actually higher at 11.3C. This is likely to be the low point in the month before the inevitable rise starting now.

Edited by reef

Posted

Yeah I don't think we will be all that far from average, though obviously at this time of year hot days are becoming increasingly possible and you can see fairly large increases if the hot set-ups hold for any length of time, much like 2005.

Posted

At the half way point we have Hadley CET at 13.5C

Possible cooldown into the weekend but probably won't impact the CET too much given the relative low base.

Still think around 14C is likely - with 15C looking more like the ceiling

Posted

Still believe that 15 degrees is the absolute ceiling in terms of how high we can expect Junes CET to climb too.

Just beyond the half way mark somewhere close to 14.5 degrees could be a good bet, very much will depend on where the high pressure developing this weekend decides to end up and how sustained it will be, if it sits to the south west cloudy skies ironically could help to bump the CET up as they will produce some mild nights, a high overhead could produce some rather cool nights still at this time of year. However, you look an above average CET is very likely.

Posted

The orientation of this upcoming high pressure seems likely to be the factor that will determine whether my 14.3 guess has any chance <_<

Posted

CET to 18th is 13.7C after yesterday provisionally registered 13.3C.

Hot spell might not be as hot as previously thought so I would say 14.5C to 15C looks most likely from here.

Happy with my 15.1C presently.

Posted
CET to 18th is 13.7C after yesterday provisionally registered 13.3C.

Thanks for the regular updates, Stu.......much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Posted

glad you appreciate it :rolleyes:

Not so confident with my 15.1 now as it looks like yesterday and today and perhaps even tomorrow will not move the CET up at all.

That only leaves 10 days to go. Although we are entering a warmer spell the CET may only climb slowly to begin with as moderate humidity levels prevent any really warm nights in the reliable timeframe. Also some of the higher maximas might be to the west of the CET zone