Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Natures Fury

Posted

Hi Guys

Just a quick heads up our upcoming Tv Show showing last years 2008 Tornado Season Highlights airs on ITV1 On Tuesday 2nd June at 8-9pm. Please be sure to tune in as this should be a great show.

Hope you enjoy our escapades last year in a Great Chase Season

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Thanks for that Paul. I can't wait to see the Love's service station clip!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thanks for the heads up Paul.S, i dont watch tv much so i could have missed this, looking forward to the 'love' filling station

event too with the 'sea-of-green' and the RFD ripping the place up..!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Must remember to watch this. Sounds good.

Posted

Having seen the programme thought the footage was quite interesting but found the presenter a bit of an annoying pratt

H

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anybody watching the Firestorm one? Absolutely incredible. Underneath his car just randomly set on fire while he was filming! This series is fantastic.

You don't get much decent TV, but this is really great stuff.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Having seen the programme thought the footage was quite interesting but found the presenter a bit of an annoying pratt

H

Was an excellent programme Habsish and it was great to see Paul and Stu in there, but one small downer was the presenter. He was very dramatic.

Seasons

Posted

It is very good, just watching the hurricane one now, very worrying to see the attitudes of the Key West people, if they got hit by a 1935 labour day hurricane every single one of them would be in serious trouble.

(Labour day hurricane of 1935 was a beastly category-5, 3rd strongest hurricane on record and the strongest to make landfall in the Atlantic basin at 892mbs, whats even more impressive is the fact it went from a tropical storm to category-5 in about 24-30hrs, which must be the authorities worst case scenario...most of those on that show would die in that event sadly...)

Edited by kold weather

Posted

I missed the first 7 or 8 minutes of tonights firestorm show but I caught it just at the point where Chris Terrill's car caught fire. Boy did he look gutted! (And soon was his car!) :D

I agree with you, Kold about the hurricane show last week where even I thought that the residents were, perhaps overly complacent. But I suppose they must be used to it having to go through the wars like that with Mother Nature almost every other year.

All in all, all three shows were very good but remind me NEVER to go on any filming expedition with Chris Terrill. :D

Phil.

Posted
All in all, all three shows were very good but remind me NEVER to go on any filming expedition with Chris Terrill. :D

Phil.

Same Here Phil Same Here :D

Posted

Yeah Stu was on it, he has no doubt seen quite a few hurricanes in his time, I'd personally one day love to have a trip out into America or maybe even Mexico for a hurricane, though I think it would be foolish to go alone, esp when your not experienced with these beasts on a practical level.

Posted
Yeah Stu was on it, he has no doubt seen quite a few hurricanes in his time, I'd personally one day love to have a trip out into America or maybe even Mexico for a hurricane, though I think it would be foolish to go alone, esp when your not experienced with these beasts on a practical level.

You are a programme behind i think? I think cookie was asking if he was in tonights programme which is the fire one. I forgot to watch tonights episode, i hope its recorded on sky + though...

I'm tempted to try Cane chasing as well but not sure i'd really enjoy it as much as supercell chasing.

Posted

Ah yeah of course sorry its because I watched all three tonight one after another!

Cane chasing is I'd imagine a totally different beast, with tornadoes you can move so even if you bust the position at the start you could always a adjust yourself, where as in hurricanes if you bust the position then really there isn't a whole lot you can do but hope it wobbles towards you.