Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Natures Fury

Posted

my hubby recorded it for me! i love him loads for that! as i didn't realise it was on tonight! yay! going to watch it now! :lol:

Posted

I said this on the other forum, but one thing that puzzles me is that 1/4 way into the programme the guys decided to head off-road down a dirt track instead of following the road where the Tornado eventually passed through as they were being pulled out. Surely one rule of Storm-Chasing states that you dont ever go down dirt roads for the simple fact that if you get stuck, your a sitting target for anything heading your way. Just a simple observation but a bad call imo.

Posted
lol, yeah. The bit where Paul came back to the camera fixing his belt when the tornado started coming down was funny as well B)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
I said this on the other forum, but one thing that puzzles me is that 1/4 way into the programme the guys decided to head off-road down a dirt track instead of following the road where the Tornado eventually passed through as they were being pulled out. Surely one rule of Storm-Chasing states that you dont ever go down dirt roads for the simple fact that if you get stuck, your a sitting target for anything heading your way. Just a simple observation but a bad call imo.

At the time, the dirt road was the only way to follow that particular tornado which touched down briefly and would probably touch down further on ... the road was fine to start with as it was gravel but unfortunately it turned to wet mud. Certainly there was no alternative to that unpaved road to follow it - I can assure you! It was one of numerous tornadoes we saw that day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

BAH!

I missed it. :lol: Is it repeated??? B)

Posted

Well the road was showing as Tarmac on Streets and Trips and was paved and shingle for about 3 miles, silly us for not noticing that the road had been used by a tractor the day b4 and the "Road" rapidly turned to Goo and 2 foot of deep Mud!

You should try driving on some of the Interstates in Oklahoma, Potholes and tarmac gauged out. It is all too easy to find fault but until you have chased a High Risk in the States when following a Multi Vortex Tornado I dont call it a bad call, just bad luck on the day, the following day we went down the same type of roads and scored 5 Tornadoes.

Paul S

Posted
Well the road was showing as Tarmac on Streets and Trips and was paved and shingle for about 3 miles, silly us for not noticing that the road had been used by a tractor the day b4 and the "Road" rapidly turned to Goo and 2 foot of deep Mud!

You should try driving on some of the Interstates in Oklahoma, Potholes and tarmac gauged out. It is all too easy to find fault but until you have chased a High Risk in the States when following a Multi Vortex Tornado I dont call it a bad call, just bad luck on the day, the following day we went down the same type of roads and scored 5 Tornadoes.

Paul S

Ah thats fair enough Paul, just you seemed to be in a "sticky situation" excuse the pun lol, Hopefully i'll be able to head out in 2010 and be able to contribute some knowledge myself to the chase teams rather than just be your average "storm tourist" riding along like cattle. It would be excellent to team up with people who have been around Tornado Alley numerous times before and see some great storms along the way.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
Ah thats fair enough Paul, just you seemed to be in a "sticky situation" excuse the pun lol, Hopefully i'll be able to head out in 2010 and be able to contribute some knowledge myself to the chase teams rather than just be your average "storm tourist" riding along like cattle. It would be excellent to team up with people who have been around Tornado Alley numerous times before and see some great storms along the way.

If I was a storm tourist, sitting next to you and 'riding along like cattle' I would be tempted to push you out of the people carrier!

Posted

No Worries

I was as frustrated as Chris and Dave B) , to see a Multi Vortex Tornado about 1 Mile to your North turn into a Wedge moving away from you whilst stuck was like losing your 1 Million Lottery Ticket floating away over the top of the Severn Bridge :lol: Just for perspective the Tornadic Storm Moving towards us was the one that grazed to our East and Took the Roof of the House off.

Paul S

Posted
If I was a storm tourist, sitting next to you and 'riding along like cattle' I would be tempted to push you out of the people carrier!

rofl :lol:

Great show guys, now I know what to expect on a really good season! B) Roll on 2010!

Posted

Lol just try to remember NOT to open the door of the van when a F2/F3 Tornado is just 3/4 a mile away within RFD winds :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I really enjoyed it, it was much better than any other weather programme because it got really personal with the people that live in tornado alley, i liked the bit when they were all hiding in the gas station! :lol:

Posted

yea! it really did!

amazing footage guys!

even hubby liked the programme! B)

and omg! why the hell did (cant remember his name) go and open the car door!

that was sick :lol: !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Bloody good programme that!......just watched it (got home late from work, sky planner is a godsend!).....After Chris's 'door opening escapade', once he turned his camera off, did anyone give him a good kicking?...What a prat! :lol:

I've just been browsing last year's NW archives for that Kearney tornado.....click here and here for the team's report as it all 'hit the fan'!

Posted

I finally got it to load on ITVPlayer! Wow! Just wow its cheered me up after a really bad day. I hope you gave him a good smack around the back of the head for opening the door though.

Posted
I appear pushing the car out the mud and also saying the carriages were being blown over on the line beside our car while driving through RFD ... oh well least I made an appearance albeit in the background B)

You don't always need to be the guy with a big front to be noticed.. B)

You're a star anyway Nick. I was fortunate enough to see the original footage that they used a few bursts of when it was upped on youchewb.. Have to say your language was just as colourful as Pauls.. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Great stuff Guys. Good to see you all. I really enjoyed that programme. Hopefully we will see something like that next year! :rolleyes::)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Great programme, the bit when he opened the car door was class.

Posted

Paul, you need a shave in those close up shots mate! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I thought it was fantastic, wasn't one of the typical dumbed down "documentaries" that are so common now, can't wait for the hurricane one next week. And that camerabloke was a bit mad as well, wasn't the best idea by opening the door! :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Unfortunately I missed it being out at the time. Is there any way of seeing it now. Is it repeated or is it on N-W?