Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Natures Fury

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
It's on ITV Player here -

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default...mp;Filter=42789

Can't wait to watch it, will have to be next week when I have a decent sized screen to see it on.

If anyone has a PS3, you can watch it through that I believe!

Posted

If only someone could rip this, and the Stu/Roger episode on Channel 4 onto DVD I would pay a fortune lol (well a fair few bob anyway.) Would be great to have something to watch time and time again instead of expiring after 30 days then never seeing it except on the rare occasion once every 4 years.

Posted
I finally got it to load on ITVPlayer! Wow! Just wow its cheered me up after a really bad day. I hope you gave him a good smack around the back of the head for opening the door though.

Same here. I had just come in from work from a really bad day. Sat down thinking what shall I watch *Sigh*, saw I had recoreded that (had forgotten before) and jumped for joy. Really cheered me up!! Yay!! Very very well balanced indeed with the people who are affected and the joy of the situation for the chasers. Absolutely awesome!

Posted
If only someone could rip this, and the Stu/Roger episode on Channel 4 onto DVD I would pay a fortune lol (well a fair few bob anyway.) Would be great to have something to watch time and time again instead of expiring after 30 days then never seeing it except on the rare occasion once every 4 years.

we have ways to rip anything :D ...

after seeing the gas station vid i realise there is a lot to see yet for me :D

Edited by dogs32

Posted
When are you dishing autographs out Paul? :D

Chris

Lol

Had enough hassle from the Yummy Mummies on the School Run this morning :D

As Kylie famously said "I should be so lucky" :D

Posted

Watched the show last night, some great footage in there, the people in the mid west seemed fairly chilled out about it all, well most of them, I was quite surprised. I suppose you would get used to it though. Great show anyway, will watch it again before they take it off itv player.

Posted
Watched the show last night, some great footage in there, the people in the mid west seemed fairly chilled out about it all, well most of them, I was quite surprised. I suppose you would get used to it though. Great show anyway, will watch it again before they take it off itv player.

Dave.you love lightning......be nice to see you out there..

and see lightning so much you dont know what to do with your camera...I wasnt sure which way to aim..lol

A few points I truly couldnt believe what I was seeing...Plainview...jaw dropping

Just watch it on ITV player.

Christ that was incredible, especially the last part!

Why did he open the bloody door!? Did it get blown clean off when he opened it? Was the van actually blown along the ground?

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted

I've not read all the posts since last night, but have to add how good I thought the programme was : a good blend of the presenters' thoughts/experiences, interviews with those affected, reviews of damage and some superb footage of all aspects of the storms.

I can recall the NW thread from that day as to how quickly the storm went from being 'benign' to the tornado which totally surprised everyone.

Had to laugh at the presenter and his 'hail armour' :D .

Posted

I have to concur with what everyone else on this thread has said. A brilliant programme. :clap:

What made it all the more sweeter for me was actually seeing some British input into the storm/tornado chasing rather than what Channel 4/Channel 5/ Discovery dish up on occasions. No disrespect to either channel as I do like to watch any weather based documentary but what ITV1 showed last night had that bit more diversity to it, rather than just all 100% US stormchasers.

But two questions sprung to mind after the show...

1, Why no free plug of the NetWeather website and forum? You should have mentioned it, Shermy! :D

2, Does Chris Terrill have some sort of death wish? :huh: Going out and being bashed by baseball sized hail and then the infamous "Just open the car door a bit, let some air in!"

I think the next two shows will be VERY interesting.

Posted
:winky: When he opened the door in the RFD winds I just couldn't believe he did that, I watched many storm documetaries but never have I seen someone open their car door in the middle of RFD 1/2 a mile from the tornado as well as getting pelted by baseball size hail. Mans got balls of steel :)

The last thing I expected him to do was open the door! What a crazy guy! Fantastic programme though with a great balance on every aspect before and after the storms.

The Hurricane programme next week should be interesting with the crazy guy. :)

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
if anyone opens the door in that kind of situation when im their next year will be shot!

Well said :winky:

Their chances of survival in that case won't be favourable as I'd probably do the same! :):)

Edited by Harry

Posted

Just a reminder that the 2nd Part of Natures Fury is on tonight and this features last years Hurricane Footage.

8-9pm on ITV1

Paul S

Posted
Just a reminder that the 2nd Part of Natures Fury is on tonight and this features last years Hurricane Footage.

8-9pm on ITV1

Paul S

also, at 10pm tonight there is 'True stories: act of god' on More4. it's about the after effects of people who have been hit by lightning. An action packed couple of hours on the 'box tonight with Nature's fury prior to this B)

Sam

Posted

Just got to watch last weeks incredible show. I had read so many comments here and it totally came up to expectation, awesome footage. Have now set tonights to record as I have to go out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
its on tonight then.....look forward to watching it..Unfortunately Ive got to go out so will have to set the recorder <_<

But I know its going to be good :)

Look foward to seeing the gas station <_<

Looking forward meeting you again you Pat

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Is there anyone from NW on the footage of Natures fury? Whoever Stuart is, i'm they just said "guffs" instead of "gusts" :p

Hi

yes there were actually about 5 I think, some like myself were just cameo roles i.e. walk on, walk off (a few times) Paul S, Nick, Ian (72oz man) Andy & me. Paul S of course had a bigger role, but then he is. We did get on Chris's ITV footage MORE THAN a few times but were left on the cutting room floor!

Tom

Posted

Watched it last night, very good footage and i liked the way you interviewed locals to see their take on it as well.

Posted
Hi

Yes there were actually about 5 I think, some like myself were just cameo roles i.e. walk on, walk off (a few times) Paul S, Nick, Ian (72oz man) Andy & me. Paul S of course had a bigger role, but then he is. We did get on Chris's ITV footage MORE THAN a few times but were left on the cutting room floor!

Tom

Indeed young Tom, we were on there a few times - My favourite bits were outside Dave's, with the Graffiti on the back of the Chevy, and Paul walking back towards the camera, zipping-up, somewhere near Hoxie :lol:

Hope you've been keeping well mate, the TV Cameras took at least 10 years off you :lol:

Take Care,

Andy

Posted

You know, I completely forgot to post in this section as regarding Chris Terrill and hurricane Ike last Tuesday.

Is this guy nuts? Standing outside in a full blown storm?? :rolleyes:

And hi to Stuart again. :( Are you in this weeks episode too with the firestorms?

Phil.