Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thank You To Paul S & The Chase Teams

Paul

Posted

With the 2009 storm chase now drawing to a close, I just wanted to start a thread to say thanks to Paul Sherman, our staff members John, Ian, Tom and Nick plus all of the other chasers this year for all of their efforts with the streaming, video uploads, photos and reports.

Despite the quiet conditions at times particularly toward the end of May, the team has always been on the money in terms of getting on whatever storms are available, and that coupled with all of the updates etc has made it great to follow from the UK, and judging by the reviews we've had from our guests, even better to be involved in first hand!

Tom has put together a slide show from the first two tours - some cracking memories :)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ase-video;sess=

So thanks all, have a safe trip home, and don't forget - in 11 months time it all starts again!

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yet another great chase season over and like you said Paul quiet in the terms of tornadoes

but still thoroughly enjoyable. Top marks to Paul S. best chaser award for you mate even put

some of the american chasers to shame especially the cell in NW Oklahoma on chase day 5.

Roll on 2010 season..!!!

Posted

I second that. The Netweather team must be congratulated for the quality and depth of the coverage this last five weeks, and your efforts are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to next year and getting on the road again myself.

Posted

Always sad to bring it to a close :doh: its been a funny season not much on offer Tornado wise for the month of May 213 prim reports and actual to be confirmed by the SPC not a huge number better than 2006 :D

Still anyway Paul and team well done for the results you got proving you have to go the extra mile or miles "and I expect it was a few" to get results and of course keep everyone happy :)

There is still a chance to capture a very rare UK Supercell and of course the rare UK Tornado, but for you Paul I think you better have a few days with the wife and family first! :D

Posted

I would like to say thank you to both Pauls, Tom, John & Ian for all their efforts on our chases this year. The streaming has been great to watch and puts many of the more established groups to shame.

Paul S & Tom - Thank you for all your work each day to assess the weather charts & predictions and the willingness to then chase anything that is reachable each day. This can been seen by the fact that it is a slack year yet you frequently were able to put the teams in the way of adverse weather when many other groups and individuals ended with nothing to show for it! There are certainly many good memories to be taken from this season. This may be a business venture but you make every effort to ensure that it is a 'personal' experience for all involved.

Bring on next year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Great show Guys, enjoyed all your pics, reports and the live streaming video. Cant wait to join you in about 47 weeks and counting! Safe journey home to all. Best Wishes to all.....IAN. :doh:

Posted

What a series, better than anything on TV, packed full of entertainment, the thrills the spills and all the excitement beamed live to your home PC.

To the series "stars" I say well done, you did yourselves and us proud.

Should we start up the speeding fine collection for next year :):)

So to 2010, the year of the tornado(be careful what you wish for!)

Anybody know the total miles covered this year in all the vehicles :)

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Dorset, by time we have given the car back to rentals tomorrow, Paul reckons roughly 11,200 miles! Shy of last years 13,000 odd miles.

Currently making our way back to DFW area for an overnight stay before flying back tomorrow evening ...

Posted

I have to concur with the praises that other members have stated on here. You've done yourselves proud lads, (and lady!)

Even better to know that one Michael Fish will be giving a weekly weather report on NW. (Did it cost much for him to agree? :) )

I was watching the events unfold on Day 31. (Sounds like Big Brother! :) 4th June on Channel 4 for you BB addicts!) But I lost the live stream just where it got really interesting. (AKA Sod's Law! :) )

But thanks again guys who put in all the hard work. I look forward to 2010, and may well join you guys (and lady) sometime some year.

Have a safe flight back home. :)

Phil.

Posted

I want to second all the above, I have been amazed, scared and so impressed by what I have seen. Not sure what I am going to do with my evenings now, there will be a big gap.

Thanks again.

Posted
  • Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk. (the UK's most easterley point) 131ft [40m] amsl
  • Location: Lowestoft, Suffolk. (the UK's most easterley point) 131ft [40m] amsl
With the 2009 storm chase now drawing to a close, I just wanted to start a thread to say thanks to Paul Sherman, our staff members John, Ian, Tom and Nick plus all of the other chasers this year for all of their efforts with the streaming, video uploads, photos and reports.

Despite the quiet conditions at times particularly toward the end of May, the team has always been on the money in terms of getting on whatever storms are available, and that coupled with all of the updates etc has made it great to follow from the UK, and judging by the reviews we've had from our guests, even better to be involved in first hand!

Tom has put together a slide show from the first two tours - some cracking memories :D

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ase-video;sess=

So thanks all, have a safe trip home, and don't forget - in 11 months time it all starts again!

Well....I'll tell y'all my side of the story......I discovered the live feed by accident while trying to find some charts, on 29th Apr. (First stroke of lightni..oops, mean luck) Realised they had just got into the swing of tour 1, and there were to be TWO MORE tours as well. I had just started 3 weeks holiday, and not planned to go anywhere. (2nd stroke of luck.) Recently made a decision to concentrate on more generalised forecasting away from my "safe" area of the uk and especially looking at severe wx. (Yep, 3rd stroke!)

You can understand my obsessive behaviour then towards NW chase 2009, as not only had i stumbled upon live virtual chasing (which honestly never occurred to me previously) but a group of "local lads" (and ladesses) and their experiences, to boot, coupled with my love of America.

I feel as if i've been on the night shift, with things starting around 15-1600 BST going until the same time 12hrs later. The mod's and regulars have probably noticed my name lurking around the chase forums sometimes 18-20hrs a day. It has certainly been an experience from this end of the stream. Yes, there have been times when i've felt like kicking in the screen when the stream drops, like when they were approaching the Breckenridge cell and the next thing i saw was the after dark CG/IC's at the back edge.

And the TWO lessons i've learnt...........

i) I now know where Childress and Abilene is

ii) Never try to eat a 72oz steak AND shrimp! Only Ian can do that.

Seriously guys, thanks for putting on a great show. You ALL contributed to making a great experience.

Roll on next year, and i'm still consulting my accountant about feasibility studies to go in person. :winky:

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Yes, thank you to the teams and all others involved. Really enjoyable following your chases on the live stream and watching with you those awesome storms. I'm amazed how you hunt them out. Thanks also for the great still pics and videos. As someone fearful of storms, I am impressed by your bravery in close encounter with lightning flashes, standing there and catching stunnjng pics.

I'm wondering if the car hire firm was happy with cars returned well dented by golf ball hail?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by user700, February 2, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by user700, February 2, 2011 - No reason given

Yes I agree great work. Excellent skills in meteorology, storm chasing experience and the latest technology.

2009 was a bad year for all storm chasers but we still got some fantastic pictures and video of Supercells small tornados and lightning.

Fantastic experience. Looking forward to going again! :winky:

Danny.

Edited by wiganweather.com
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

I am so pleased that everyone enjoyed either taking part in or following the chase. Going the extra mile is what it is all about. Storm chasing requires lots of patience and bags of stamina. e.g We set off from El Reno and drove 200 miles to Childress Texas in the hope of severe storms. However they did not develop and I was informed at 5.00pm that we had rooms booked at a hotel in Wichita , Kansas. This was a trip of 395 miles back through El Reno. We arrived some time around 2.00am and checked into our motel. Time for a couple of Buds as a night cap and then bed. Life on the road is fun and living out of a suitecase for the duration of your stay interesting to say the least. There was an element of rotation i.e worn clothes put at the bottom of the case and you put on clothes from the top of the case etc etc. I met so many nice people and have so many fond memories of the tours I wouldn't know where to start. At the Days Inn in Childress I swapped the door numbers and managed to confuse everyone as they all went into the wrong rooms. I even confused myself because I too went to the wrong room and couldn't figure out why Paul was in my room.

Whilst Ian was in training for the 72oz steak challenge he had to drink 3.5 litres of water per day and it was a funny moment when we realised than he had drunk so much water he would be affected by the gravitational pull of the moon.

post-2466-1243637374_thumb.jpg

Above is a photo I took of the passing storm whilst staying at the Days Inn Childress. The manager there gave us a full box of Bud that he didn't want, nice chap. I didn't change his door numbers over that night.

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted
Whilst Ian was in training for the 72oz steak challenge he had to drink 3.5 litres of water per day and it was a funny moment when we realised than he had drunk so much water he would be affected by the gravitational pull of the moon.

Usually works for women. Hence the 28 day nice one week, want to kill you the next lunar cycle...

But that's another story. :D

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Usually works for women. Hence the 28 day nice one week, want to kill you the next lunar cycle...

But that's another story. :D

Phil.

Nice one Phil

Tom

Posted

Well it is my third year with net weather tours and each year is better than the last.Can i take this opportunity to thank everybody who came on tours 1&2 as they made my chase season such a wounderful time. Storm Chasing for me is 50/50storms make up 50% of it and the people make up the other 50% of it and without such lovly people the tours would not be such fun for me anyway.

As with most years I have come away with some real good freinds from the tours and look forward to seeing you all in the Autum when we get to gether for the reunion

Once again a big thank you to Paul S paul M Tom and John for tall there hard work and commitment to making this years tours such a success well doe you all bravo :D:):):):)

Posted

I'd just like to thank everyone on the various teams for some super photography and video.. I think we can say its been the year of lightning and structure shots. That in itself means you were all in the right place at the right time. Shame the 'nadoes where a bit shy this year but I guess that's just the way it goes.

The live stream and the briefings were fantastic.

Well done all.. :D

Posted

Well it’s the last night here in Decatur, and I thought I'd just echo what others have said. Having virtually no knowledge of these types of storms I was a bit apprehensive of coming out and looking like a right numpty; but Paul and Nick are two top blokes and the way they explained everything was first class and easy to understand! Although we didn't get any tornadoes (well there may well have been one last night that Paul and I saw during the lightening show which snaked to the ground like an elephants trunk on the Interstate!) its still been a fantastic holiday with great storms and company too.

I'll certainly be coming back, hopefully next year if I can persuade the missus :D

I'll upload a short video compilation when I get home and have gone through it all :)

Thanks again Paul and Nick, and also the rest of the netweather guys who helped make this trip happen!

Edited by Smokes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've had an amazing time over here, and i'm gutted it's almost over.

Even in this very quiet season Paul and Nick managed to get us onto storms every day, even if it meant chasing through Fort Worth at rush hour, or chasing in the southern Texas hills, which many chasers didn't attempt. We have seen storms on 10 days out of 10 (last nights storm continued beyond midnight), which is quite an achievement even in the better years.

Thanks Paul and Nick and everyone involved in setting this up, it's really been the trip of a lifetime, and I hope to be out here again in the next 1 or 2 years.

I'll be doing a highlights video and a photo slideshow when I get home, so i'll post that up on here.

Thank you,

Mark.

Posted

Just want to say thanks to everyone.

I haven't been able to follow the storm chase this year due to a lengthy period in hospital but thanks to this website I have been able to catch up on the highlights. So I want to say thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Just finally want to say to Paul that with the combination of the storm chase footage and the introduction of Micheal fish forecasts this website continues to get better and better. I often wonder what I would do without Net weather (especially in winter) as this website is simply the best.

Posted

Yep, thank you especially to the two Pauls for organising everything over the last 9 months and thanks for waiting on Gordon and I :)

From the actual tour, thanks to Paul S, Ian and Tom for making it a great experience. Even when there were no storms we still had a blast which would have been impossible without good company! :)

It was nice meeting you all and that includes the other guests on the tour, you were all nice guys and girls.

I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about booking for next year. Here's to a succesful 2010!

Cheers

Ross & Gordon

Posted

Thank you to everyone for your update photos and videos! It was wonderful to follow this years storm chase, I'm glad you all had an amazing time but most of all that you are all home safe <3