Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netweather Storm Chase Bbq

Paul Sherman

Posted
After a cameo appearance on Natures Fury I expect to be nominated for an Oscar and I am ready and waiting

post-2466-1244414116_thumb.jpg

So I may grace the BBQ with my presence.

:hi:

:huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Just to add....I will be leaving Cheltenham to hopefully pick up AJ on the way then back down towards Pauls area...

I have 3 seats availible...I only ask people to chip in for petrol.the more the cheaper it will be...

also then you can have a drink :) ...If interested PM me.......

So from Chelt to Stafford then South/east...or any place not to far along the route

Pat

what are you leaving Chelt at ?

Tom

Paul

You will be pleased to know that I actually had my camcorder on at Childress and have found the close lightning strike outside the motel. I also caught whatever caused the rotation well north of Childress. It will all be on my dvd for the bbq .

Tom

Edited by Tom Lynch

Posted

Tom cant wait for the DVD will be legendery sure it will be worth the wait look forward to seeing you in 6 weeks time

Pat

what are you leaving Chelt at ?

Tom

Paul

You will be pleased to know that I actually had my camcorder on at Childress and have found the close lightning strike outside the motel. I also caught whatever caused the rotation well north of Childress. It will all be on my dvd for the bbq .

Tom

Posted

Anyway, myself and the young lady are going to make a big weekend out of it before little mini Stormchaser Hanrahan arrives and before Deirdre can’t fly anymore.

Were flying into Stanstead Friday morning, grab a car and head.... well don’t know where really. We want to do pretty much the great English countryside and that’s where you guys come in, we've pretty much got 2 full days to play with before we head to casa del Sherman.

So Friday, I reckon we will have car by 10:00 AM, and then Saturday (night) I want to be no more than 1 - 2 hours drive to Essex where we will head Sunday morning / early afternoon. Dropping car back at Stanstead from Paul’s place Monday morning so that’s pretty much a write off.

Any suggestions would be cool as were not that familiar with the UK (outside of the greater London area and parts of Wales).

Defos on our list are Stonehenge (for me) and Bath (for Deirdre)

:D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Anyway, myself and the young lady are going to make a big weekend out of it before little mini Stormchaser Hanrahan arrives and before Deirdre can’t fly anymore.

Were flying into Stanstead Friday morning, grab a car and head.... well don’t know where really. We want to do pretty much the great English countryside and that’s where you guys come in, we've pretty much got 2 full days to play with before we head to casa del Sherman.

So Friday, I reckon we will have car by 10:00 AM, and then Saturday (night) I want to be no more than 1 - 2 hours drive to Essex where we will head Sunday morning / early afternoon. Dropping car back at Stanstead from Paul’s place Monday morning so that’s pretty much a write off.

Any suggestions would be cool as were not that familiar with the UK (outside of the greater London area and parts of Wales).

Defos on our list are Stonehenge (for me) and Bath (for Deirdre)

Could take a trip down towards Dover, see the beautiful white cliffs and also the castle! That's one the UK's signature sights, along with of course Stone Henge. You could always swing by NW London to see the great Wembley arch en route back from the SW towards Essex . Hemel Hempstead offers one of the most lunatic roundabouts you'll ever drive around also :)

Edited by Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Could take a trip down towards Dover, see the beautiful white cliffs and also the castle! That's one the UK's signature sights, along with of course Stone Henge. You could always swing by NW London to see the great Wembley arch en route back from the SW towards Essex . Hemel Hempstead offers one of the most lunatic roundabouts you'll ever drive around also :D

Better still, after Dover, catch a quick trip across the channel to Calais, pop in to the wine cash & carry, load up for the BBQ, and make this bbq 'one for the ages' :):)

Posted
Could take a trip down towards Dover, see the beautiful white cliffs and also the castle! That's one the UK's signature sights, along with of course Stone Henge.

Thats a defo so thanks harry. I've only ever seen them from a plane before so good idea and not a million miles off route.

Better still, after Dover, catch a quick trip across the channel to Calais, pop in to the wine cash & carry, load up for the BBQ, and make this bbq 'one for the ages' :rofl::rofl:

I know you were probably only messing AJ but thats a really good idea. I've never done the Chunnel before. Whats involved, is like pay on the way in? How long does it take and how much? I think we might really do that, get another country in for the laugh. Ian might even tag along :rofl:

Posted

Just in case people dont like my floor or spare bed/s - Here is a nice Travel Inn about 1/4 Mile away from me house.

http://www.thefoodplace.co.uk/restaurants/...outhend-On-Sea/

But who needs that when the 6 Hour MCS Will be ongoing from 12-6am, we can all get up and get Ian to cook us a Fry Up!

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
Just in case people dont like my floor or spare bed/s - Here is a nice Travel Inn about 1/4 Mile away from me house.

http://www.thefoodplace.co.uk/restaurants/...outhend-On-Sea/

But who needs that when the 6 Hour MCS Will be ongoing from 12-6am, we can all get up and get Ian to cook us a Fry Up!

Paul S

I'll bring my tent if need be ...

6hr MCS, now there's something we haven't had for a long while. Last one was probably the unforecast one that exploded across the SE from across the Dover Straits back in May 2001. It started about 11pm and kept going until 3-4 in the morning!

Posted

I know you were probably only messing AJ but thats a really good idea. I've never done the Chunnel before. Whats involved, is like pay on the way in? How long does it take and how much? I think we might really do that, get another country in for the laugh. Ian might even tag along :D

Posted

Yes lots of Bacon Cameron!! Will get you some Oil for the Frying Pan Mate :D:D

BTW Gavin is Confirmed as coming to the BBQ Now as well (Seasons)

Paul S

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Okay I think all Invitations with my address have been sent via Pm's to everyone although If i have missed anyone please Pm me and I will send to you asap.

And once Again i stress everyone is welcome who is not doing anything that day, if you genuingly just want to come for a Beer and some food and watch some Storm Dvd's and have a laugh you are more than welcome, just Pm me or express an Interest in here and I will give you directions etc.

Currently have around 30 people coming so could be the Netweather Meet up of the Century!!!

Paul S

Posted

Paul i tried to pm you but was told i could not so will have to post instead.

Can me and the other half come to your BBQ too please. Would love to have a chance to put a face to some of the peeps on here.

Thanks Pm me if it is OK.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted
Paul i tried to pm you but was told i could not so will have to post instead.

Can me and the other half come to your BBQ too please. Would love to have a chance to put a face to some of the peeps on here.

Thanks Pm me if it is OK.

Yeah The More the Merrier. Currently have quite a few girlies coming so thats the Salads Sorted :clap: Leave the Barbie to the Men and watch it rain :angry:

Will Pm you the Details str8 away

Paul S

Posted

Just to let you all know we will also be showing the Premiere of the Netweather Storm Chase 2009 DVD & The BBQ That has been kindly put together by Tom Lynch

Just got to Order the MCS With the Big Man upstairs and get some Food and drink in LOL

Paul S

Posted
Yeah The More the Merrier. Currently have quite a few girlies coming so thats the Salads Sorted :wub: Leave the Barbie to the Men and watch it rain :lol:

Will Pm you the Details str8 away

Paul S

Phew! The missus is a veggie :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Okay with just over 1 week to go will add in whos in and who's out.

Currently have 27 people coming so should be a great event - Just need a nice Hot day followed by an MCS From 9pm

Paul Sherman

Paul Michaelwhite

Paul Noble (Pottyprof)

Ian Cameron

Tom Lynch

John Hanrahan

Dierdre Hanrahan

Stuart Squires

Stewart (Audmun)

Joanne (Clippyjo)

Nick F

Nick F's Partner

Arron

Laura

Ian (Anyweather)

Ian's Partner

Pat Carter (Rotation)

Hannah Woods

Andy H

Craig (craig1uk)

Ajpoolshark

Harry

Tammy

Lorraine Evans

SnowQueen1

SnowQueen1's Partner

Again if anyone else wants to join us next Sunday you are more than welcome just Pm me and I will give you directions etc

Starting at 12-1pm and going on until late we will also be showing the 1st Premeire of the 2009 Storm Chase Season that Tom has kindly put together.

Cant wait

Paul S

Posted

Just a quick post to remind people to bring cameras for the day, would be great to get some shots of the day and post the results in the Lounge area on here etc

Not long now and the forecast looks okayish at the moment, does not look like my prayers are gonna be answered for an MCS At this stage though :doh:

Would it also be possible to bring some bangers and booze etc to help out as catering for 30+ people could be a tad expensive, will get the rolls, salads and Deserts etc

Cheers and See you all Sunday

Paul S

Posted

Lorraine Evans is also bringing her friend Julia with her, so another to add to the list.

Now just got to keep Cameron away from the ladies :doh::(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Lorraine Evans is also bringing her friend Julia with her, so another to add to the list.

Now just got to keep Cameron away from the ladies :):)

Hi Paul, will bring some food and booze, My lady cant make it now, but Im set to have a good time.!! Is there space at yours to kip Sunday nite? Or do we need to stay elsewhere? Ive got some sleeping bags in my van so if anyone wants to use them there welcome! Oh yeah , here is the MCS for Sunday nite just ordered it from the takeaway!! Cant Wait to see Y,all Best Wishes Ian.

post-6830-12481951721859_thumb.png

Posted

Will bring some burgers and bangers with us as well as plenty of booze :)