Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

The Penguin

Posted

Milder last night 10c, lines of medium cumulus have developed to the west and very warm with less wind to recent days 23c already.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 25.6°C

Minimum temperature: 6.9°C

Minimum temperature on grass: 4.6°C

Rainfall total: 0.0mm.

Conditions and Readings @ 09:00 GMT:

Another clear, warm and sunny morning, with just a few wisps of Cirrus.

Sky: 1 Okta, Cirrus.

Temperature: 18.5°C

Wind Direction: Force 1 E.

Humidity: 58%

Barometer: 1026mb falling.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday:

Another warm and sunny morning with a crystal clear blue sky led to a hot and sunny afternoon with not a cloud to be seen. Maximum temperature 25.6c, the hottest day of the year so far and the hottest since 30th July last year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 2009 so far:

Mean temperature:

Maximum temperature: 25.6c on the 1st

Minimum temperature: 6.9c on the 2nd

Grass Minimum: 4.6c on the 2nd

Rainfall = 0.0mm

Wettest 24 hours:

Maximum wind gust: 20mph ENE on the 1st.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 so far:

Maximum temperature: 25.6c on the 1st June.

Minimum temperature: –7.3 on the 7th January

Grass Minimum: –9.4c on the 7th February

Rainfall: = 236.7mm

Wettest 24 hours: 21.2mm on the 14th May.

Maximum wind gust: 46mph 23rd March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I expected more in the way of sea fog in eastern coastal districts today, as the dewpoints are much closer to the surface temperatures than was the case yesterday. Looks like that is now happening with many coastal areas of E Scotland and NE England under a fair bit of low cloud. Congratuations to GFS for picking out the convergence of the temps and dewpoints three days in advance.

For Exeter/SW England it got to 25-26C yesterday and today looks like being about as warm - currently 23-24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

24.3c few clouds to the northwest

Posted

Wow what a day, although Manchester Airport is currently only reporting 24C I currently have 27C, which is certainly a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday. It certainly feels considerably warmer than 24C here. Another local station (probably unofficial) is also reporting 27C. I often think that Manchester Airport's reports are lower than where I live, I wonder if this is to do with the fact it's in a semi-rural location.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted

The temp has now reached 23c here, which is the warmest for a while.

Much lighter winds today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Beautiful weather, 24.9C here at the moment. The warmth looks set to continue here for at least another day as well!

Posted

I don't live there, but currently the Isle of Man is 25C , surely the isle of man cannot be the warmest place in the UK? is there a big pocket of warm air in the middle of the Irish sea?

currently 26C in co down... this is the warmest temperature for the past 3 years!!... simply incredible!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Wow what a day, although Manchester Airport is currently only reporting 24C I currently have 27C, which is certainly a couple of degrees warmer than yesterday. It certainly feels considerably warmer than 24C here. Another local station (probably unofficial) is also reporting 27C. I often think that Manchester Airport's reports are lower than where I live, I wonder if this is to do with the fact it's in a semi-rural location.

It might be- urban areas often do give off heat in these conditions, especially concrete and the like.

The readings I get from my back garden in the summer half-year can be 1-2C higher than official sites would read on sunny days, but while I call those "anomalies" with regards trying to get my readings as consistent with official sites as possible, they are an accurate indication of the actual temperature of the back garden. The same may well be true of those 27C reports in Manchester- if the official sites say 24C chances are some of the more urban parts of the area will be up at around 27C. And yes, that's even if the thermometers are in some sort of Stevenson screen.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted

Another warm day today and there is hardly any wind. It reached 25c again but it just got cloudy from the north so the temperasture will now start falling and we shouldn't see 25c in Manchester for some time! :)

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Reached 26.9c now, becoming uncomfortably warm outside as there is absolutely no breeze. Highest temperature of 2009 so far.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

well its sunny and 25.5c after a max of 26.5c not as warm as yesterday but still warm

Posted

Isle of Man has 25c thats 2c off the highest temp recorded there!!!!! Amazing my brothers with their personal trainer clients must be enjoying that!!!!! Only 22c here...... best of the temps in the next week for here..... pity.....

Posted

The first totally cloudless day of this stunning period with a coolish start (8.3c minimum) quickly replaced by a very warm and now hot day with the temperature at 27.1c. There is an Easterly breeze and humidity is only 38%.

Posted

Much cooler air now into NE England.

By far the warmest day of year so far reaching 22.9C early this afternoon.

Now temp down to 17.6C at still falling.

OON over in Cumbria about 15 miles West of here still at 25C.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

26.6C here at the moment. Might just beat the 26.9C from yesterday!

Heat is certainly bordering on a little uncomfortable... not used to these kinda temps in Ireland!

Posted

A lovely warm day of the day, warmest of the year so far infact with a high of 25.6c earlier.

However turned hazy around 4pm and now rather breezy with hazy sunshine, scattered cumulus, and a temp of 24.1c

Edited by conor123

Posted

Air has fallen eerily still and temperatures have began rising again, currently 27.8C.

Posted

Another glorious day with wall to wall sunshine and just a light ENE breeze, today's top temperature 26.8C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Reached 27.1c, but because of the lack of breeze it was very uncomfortable. Will be glad to see the cooldown. Clouding over now so it is a bit more bearable.

Posted

HOT VERY HOT sunny with not a cloud in the sky high of 27.1c warmest so far this year

then......

from around 3pm it clouded over and now heavy rain :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well the temperature in the last hour has peaked at the Vale Of Evesham Weather Station [VOEWS] a short time ago at 27.6c 81 f making it the warmest day this year, but the heat is tamed by very low humidities currently 33% RH with a temperature of still 27.1c@ 17.50. Looks as though its gonna be the last of the hot days for at least a while ,judging by the current model output, and the first of that change can be seen from the latest visible sat and those pictures from my home in Worcestershire, Cirrus from that weak cold front, although it does look like its producing a few heavy showers over the Pennines!post-6830-1243962091_thumb.jpgpost-6830-1243962117_thumb.jpg :)

post-6830-1243962162_thumb.jpg