Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Asperatus?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Some examples from Exeter last evening. They were associated with a few scattered showers but nothing major, although a localised thunderstorm did develop the following morning.

post-7-1244318472_thumb.jpgpost-7-1244318487_thumb.jpgpost-7-1244318522_thumb.jpgpost-7-1244318552_thumb.jpgpost-7-1244318564_thumb.jpg

post-7-1244318673_thumb.jpg

Remarkably, I'd been remarking to my parents on the Whit Bank Holiday 2009 that I didn't know the classification for this type of cloud. Now I know why... it didn't have one!

Posted

Nice photos! I've been wondering what these clouds were since I took these pics back in April 2008 - figured at the time they were some kind of altostratus, so it's good to see some similar images. I noticed in the discussion forum that some people associate them with thunderstorms, however when I took the photos below it was after a day of heavy frontal rain without any convective activity (that I know of)...

post-8245-1244400718_thumb.jpg

post-8245-1244400724_thumb.jpg

Posted

Not in Exeter at the moment, missed that storm! How annoying. But here in Bath there looked to be some similar examples to the ones you have posted, although i'm not sure.