Wet Bulb 12.5c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 10.5c

Wind Chill 12c

Weather Partly cloudy sunny dry bright

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't think I am going to get into double figures today! Just 7.7c, more like January than June.

Posted

A pleasant day today with no sign of any rain. A few glimpses of the sun

are now appearing and feeling mild at 15c :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still raining 18mm since midnight making it 37mm in the past two days.

Temp now fallen to 11.7c so we've got the gas fire back on and once again are having to shut doors to isolate the cold kitchen part of the house. Cooking/making tea involves putting your jumper on!

Can't say I've missed this hiding from cold lark that we've enjoyed an escape from for the past few weeks. Like being caged up again!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Yippeeee finally some thunder down here in Somerset.One half of the sky black and the other half hot sunshine.I think it's moving away from Wellington but could give a few more rumbles. :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Not in the main rain band yet but just had 9 mm in half n hour max rain rate was 66mm in an hour. That's 51.2 mm of rain in under 48 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

temp just dropped like a stone and no sunshine-few more rumbles.No lighting yet though.there's time yet.

Posted

All lightning gone from the my detector but now but some big black clouds to the ESE. The rainband is struggling to make it here is this the final push. Interesting watching the cloud movement. The clouds at first were moving from ENE then a dark band moved up from the SE with the winds swinging SE this fizzled out and the clouds swung back to the coming from the ENE as did the wind. The process repeating itself again. The convergence should produce something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Some fairy heavy showers passing through today with hail. But most of the rain fall lst night between 11am and 4am,27.1mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Been raining solidly here since about 0945 g.m.t, heavily at times, although we missed the very heavy stuff which either sat to the east or moved north westward to the west of Ashbourne. According to the Net Weather radar accumulation there's been about 15mm here in the past 4 hours and I wouldn't dispute it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In contrast to yesterday, when Exeter was at the centre of the action, today has been a dry sunny day with Cb cells to the north and west, the showers stalling across central parts of the south-west.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 16c

Outdoor humidity 47%

Pressure 1010mb

Wind direction North East

Wind speed 12mph

Cloud Height 4465ft

Wet Bulb 14c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 12c

Wind Chill 15c

Weather Clear dry sunny bright

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Heavy rain and thunder here most of the morning, the temperature at on stage fell to 7c, but has now recovered to 10.9c under a bright sky and no rain. Have just measured the rain from the gauge, 23.3mm since 09:00GMT.

Paul

Posted

No rain again here even though it was forecast. It's rather cloudy and breezy

but feeling mild at 14c

Posted

just got back in from a very very soggy walk in the Hathersage area of the Peak District-roads dry here but much the same on the way back via Sheffield until nearly on the A1.

rain almost meteorogically violent at times with some small hail a couple of times, no T or L, started in that area about 1300, before then just spits and spots.

some lovely examples of ppn type clouds below the main bases, almost whirl type stuff at times, not much wind at low level but about 25+ knots above about 800ft this morning.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

Rained since afternoon here, around 1pm i think. Been moderate throughout with some heavy bursts, could of swore i heard a rumble of thunder to. Anyway i have had 20.7mm so far today. Over the past few days i have had just over 50mm! Its saved me from watering the plants though :(

Posted
Rained since afternoon here, around 1pm i think. Been moderate throughout with some heavy bursts, could of swore i heard a rumble of thunder to. Anyway i have had 20.7mm so far today. Over the past few days i have had just over 50mm! Its saved me from watering the plants though :lol:

I may have heard Thunder as well. main rain band fizzling as it reaches here so far 13.6mm but 9mm of that came in a shower. As John says some impress cloud formations more impressive than the rain here though after the first shower.

Posted

1 inch of rain since yesterday when it rains it does rain in this country now.

But it cleared up and sunny intervals and very clear skies for an east wind more like what a west flow would give.

Temp went upto 12.4c very briefly(still cooler than any summer day in 2007) other reading didn`t get a chance to get above 8c.

Strat-cumulus/cu and cirrus all coming from the same direction east which doesn`t happen very often.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Cleared here about 4pm after a total of 21mm since midnight with a further 19mm yesterday. Not recorded anything like that much in god only knows how long.

Now brightened up a little with temp 12.5c max of 13.3c at half 10 this morning.

Looking at radar it almost looks like rain has stalled northwards and is coming back!

Posted

Here in the southeast it looks like we got away with a much better weekend than was originally forecast. Was in London yesterday for my stag day (yes - I'm going to be looking for weather predictions for our wedding in Berkshire on June 20 :) ). The rain cleared by the time we arrived at lunchtime (anyway, as they say, it's always dry in the pub) and only returned in the form of a few spots as we were walking (OK - maybe staggering a little) home from the station in the early hours.

After some rain overnight today's been fine with only a short shower around 4.30pm. Maximum 18.3, last night's minimum 11.6.

As you might have guessed I wasn't in a fit state to read the thermometer yesterday, and today has been rather less than energetic :lol:

Posted

Here on the south coast there have been some showers and its been cool & grey at times but from 4pm onwards the sun has come out and its now a lovely blue sky evening.

Edited by GRHinPorts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today’s weather

Pressure 1003.2hPa

Current Temp 13.6c

Highest Temp 15.5c

Lowest Temp 7.5c

Humidity 80%

Dewpoint 10.2c

Windchill 13.6c

Min Windchill -2.5c