Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion

Posted

New Thread for the upcoming Convective Potential from Sunday onwards

Paul S

Thanks Paul

Can't help but notice Andover on that map and think of Andover, Kansas (F5 1991! in the US)

Obviously, I hope the same fate doesn't bestow itself on Andover, Hants! :)

It reminds me of the transfer of sovereignty of Hong Kong, a former British crown colony, from UK to People's Republic of China in 1997. (Hand Over)

:)

:)

Where are the cells on the back edge on the satellite?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Look on the satellite here - you will see along the line of cloud currently over the SSW, a streaking anvil (of sorts anyway) running out over the Bristol Channel, across Wales towards the Irish Sea.

Another point to note, how many low pressure systems want to line up? One over C/N Europe, one over the SW and one over the Atlantic, all in a long line! Dont see that often!!

Posted

Will have to check it out later in the morning tomorrow - hopefully by the time I log on around late morning/lunchtime, I'll be posting some shots of towering Cbs - wont hold my breath though! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Thunder here just

At last

I will follow the good examples set on NW and switch to lap top...

Posted

Impressive radar returns in the south. Unfortunately I no longer have NW radar (it's the best). I'm looking at Meto radar but apparently the queen owns it. I'd like to post an image up, but not so keen on having my eyes pecked out in the tower of London.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
Impressive radar returns in the south. Unfortunately I no longer have NW radar (it's the best). I'm looking at Meto radar but apparently the queen owns it. I'd like to post an image up, but not so keen on having my eyes pecked out in the tower of London.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

http://www.meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom...x=196&y=254

Posted

Rumble of thunder here. Daniel is is up working (got called out by work) and a mate just said that they have a huge thunderstorm there. He is in Southampton.

Posted

flashes and rumbles here in sunbury after an absolute torrential downpour at 05.50am

Posted

Rumble of thunder here at 6:09 which has woken my daughter and dog up which means that I am now up after only 4hrs sleep........doh!

Edited by YokTok

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

It's only 6am and im not anywere near the thunderstorm storm risk map showing the SW with thloundrstorms, but here In the the SE/ SW London i report beiung awoken by multiple thunderstrikes, <_< maybe IC lightning butit shoulded Boomy, there goes another! :lol:

Posted
It's only 6am and im not anywere near the thunderstorm storm risk map showing the SW with thloundrstorms, but here In the the SE/ SW London i report beiung awoken by multiple thunderstrikes, :lol: maybe IC lightning butit shoulded Boomy, there goes another! :D

Glad i wasnt the only one woken up by this constant thunder then <_<

Wish these storms would turn up at a respectable time..

Posted
It's only 6am and im not anywere near the thunderstorm storm risk map showing the SW with thloundrstorms, but here In the the SE/ SW London i report beiung awoken by multiple thunderstrikes, <_< maybe IC lightning butit shoulded Boomy, there goes another! :lol:

thunderstorm west london heavy rain some close CG lightning, there is another one being going since 6-00am

Posted

Yay THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!! :lol: <_<

Seems to have eased a bit now, though the rain bit earlier was torrential! Still raining fairly heavily though.

Posted
Yay THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!! :lol: <_<

Seems to have eased a bit now, though the rain bit earlier was torrential! Still raining fairly heavily though.

still going strong here

still going strong here

signing off for the min lightning is too close

Posted

Back end of the system is just passing over me, clear blue sky just to my south but the cloudscapes it's giving at the moment are awesome.

What are the chances of anything else moving over the S.E later today?

Posted

Just mod/heavy rain at the moment, electrical activity has all but gone!

Not too encouraged by Liam Dutton's forecast for two reasons:

1. Didnt mention thunder on his forecast, either referring to the current situation, or for any thunder in the showers this afternoon. Seemed exceptionally vague about shower development and intensity.

2. According to the BBC graphics (dont we love 'em) it will still be raining across London by 3pm with one or two showers further west. We shall see about that! lol

Back end of the system is just passing over me, clear blue sky just to my south but the cloudscapes it's giving at the moment are awesome.

What are the chances of anything else moving over the S.E later today?

According to the BBC at 7.15 this morning, very low - didnt mention thunder for anywhere in the UK. As above, the graphics suggested the rain band not finally clearing until 3pm, despite the tail end of the rain already moving across! I really hate those useless graphics!

EDIT - Just checked CAPE values and they havent changed much from last night - with the rain almost stopped here now (nice one BBC), the chances of getting some sun should be good and we should see showers sparked off later.

As for later, had a fair few mm's of rain, if the sun gets out and it warms up, who knows. Originally was going for yes but the BBCs lack of thunder in the forecast makes me think otherwise.

Edited by Harry

Posted
Yay THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!! :D <_<

:o :o In true Victor Meldrew style - "I don't believe it!!" :lol:

Yet again my little part of Kent has missed out :lol: :D

Posted
In true Victor Meldrew style - "I don't believe it!!"

Yet again my little part of Kent has missed out

Lol! Trust me, it wasnt a supercell - nothing to get up a 6:30am for, just a few crackly rumbles and sheet lightning (3 I think)

But, look at how it intensified to the south and then as it moved a bit further North, death becomes it. Yes, I got some thunder and lightning, but when it realised where it was it soon turned the switch off lol

EDIT - Checked the MetO regional forecast, nothing much in the way of thundery weather expected this afternoon, though did mention possibly thundery showers for the SE. If we get hours of sunshine, maybe. If not, all eyes to Tuesday! Atm, some very heavy rain likely throughout the day, though there are high CAPE levels over N France throughout Monday into the evening. Could bring some possibe thundery activity!

Edited by Harry