Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Don't think it was a Thunderstorm Blizzards :) Like aj said, it's just an active front with a few flashes and rumbles of thunder but I suppose you could say we missed out on the best it had to offer. Heard some distant thunder but the main feature was the intense downpour this morning.

Weve had no downpour here. This always happens. :)

:) we are in the only dry spot in the whole rainband if you look at the Radar! How worse does this get for this location? Its not raining here no more!!!

Posted
Weve had no downpour here. This always happens. :)

:) we are in the only dry spot in the whole rainband if you look at the Radar! How worse does this get for this location? Its not raining here no more!!!

its only a little bit of rain, most places in the west midlands have had well over an inch. please, just stop complaining....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
its only a little bit of rain, most places in the west midlands have had well over an inch. please, just stop complaining....

Im not complaining, im purely amazded how this always happens! Its still dry here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing more than a few scuds of rain here in the past hour but I could hear thunder rumbling away to the south east at 0900 g.m.t, somewhere in the direction of Nottingham at a guess.

Posted

I was woken by thunder at about 02.15 and at that time the rain was very heavy - not sure how far away the thunder was. Got up and opened the blind to see if any more happened and over the next 20 minutes the rain became torrential with no more lightning. The rain eased off for 10 minutes or so before returning very heavily, which is very well backed up by the NW Radar 5 minute slides. Having got back into bed, but leaving my blind open, there was a flash of lightning with quiet thunder so probably 10ish miles away but I felt a bit :) for not seeing the lightning properly :) .

The band of rain seems to be thinning rapidly. :)

See what I put above. Did you hear any thunder over your way?

At present some lovely TCu building in most directions, with good sunny breaks in between to aid convection. Am watching the sharp showers which have developed towards the South coast of Dorset/Hamshire because they could develop as they head inland.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Hi, have done a convective forecast for today, should be some good clear visibility to see those CBs develop today.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...85a8cb6f118461f

Posted

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=satradar

worth keeping an eye on in the English channel at the moment here its blowing a gale with they heavy rain and its very :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

See some suspect cells to the south, I THINK I can see some anvils developing?? Anyone confirm?

Definitely warming up now - was at the running track this morning and the evaporation off the track was amazing!! Hoping for some action later! :)

Posted

Some light convection going on over southern central areas by the look of it, but I am not convinced it will brew much in the way of storms. I think I would be watching around london and kent late on in the afternoon.

Posted
See some suspect cells to the south, I THINK I can see some anvils developing?? Anyone confirm?

Definitely warming up now - was at the running track this morning and the evaporation off the track was amazing!! Hoping for some action later! :)

no anvils here but some isolated towers starting to go up :)

Posted
london and kent late on in the afternoon

I hope you are right Brickfielder :)

Posted
Btw Harry, your signature has April 7th as a thunderstorm day instead of June 7th :D

i think its game over for this band of rain for here, its rapidly moving north, and although the met are insisting it will hang round here for the next few hours, i am far from convinced.

Posted
i think its game over for this band of rain for here, its rapidly moving north, and although the met are insisting it will hang round here for the next few hours, i am far from convinced.

The faster this moves away the better imo, hopefully the sun will be out later with maybe the chance of a shower or two. Just seeing the sunshine would be good!

Posted

1ow radar picking up distubence in the bay-biscay.plusthere seems storms now showing up on the french coast

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-...;soort=satradar

Posted
yeah, i agree blizzards, the sunshine would do wonders given the cape and convective potential today. :D

Looking at NW Radar the rain should clear in about 30mins with the cloud hopefully going by about 1-2pm. The Showers probably wont really get going until after that anyway plus they shouldnt die out till after about 6pm.

Posted

good info Nick.and Brick...I was thinking the Southern Counties from M4 for any Isolated TS.....

Area North IOw trying to get more organised on latest radar ...also another area to look for is Devon

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Btw Harry, your signature has April 7th as a thunderstorm day instead of June 7th

Thanks for that mate :D

Wow really dark CB to my west

Right, eyes are open! Can see some nice towers, and darkening skies towards the south!

Will start to take some piccies I think!

Posted
Like the optimism :D . I think I'll be lucky to see even a shower later today nevermind a storm. The cloud has already cleared from the south so convection should already be underway there. Good luck to you all :D

I dont think we will get much in the way of showers, though hopefully the cloud will break at least by early-mid afternoon.

Posted
Like the optimism :D . I think I'll be lucky to see even a shower later today nevermind a storm. The cloud has already cleared from the south so convection should already be underway there. Good luck to you all :D

i take it back blizzards, todays rainband has really been a non-event, with only some moderate rain with the odd heavy burst, looks to be clearing fairly quickly. that said, i think we have had about 35mm of rainfall in the last few days.