Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
I can confirm the touch down of what looks like an upper F2 tornado in west London.

I will add a damage report once I retreat from my storm shelter.

I was going to say moderate rain no sign of any thunder yet, but... :D Sounds nasty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
I have a great view of the Bristol thunderstorms from here, can see them very clearly, nothing in the way, thought I might have heard a very distant rumble but i'm not sure. Just been missed by these by a fraction, 10 miles, if that.

lol, I thought I heard thunder a minute ago and then thought 'nah you idiot you're hearing things' but I've noticed there are a few sferics to the southeast of Bristol and few over the Bristol Channel so I guess it is possible.

Posted
Can see some Convection now to my South West/West. Looks like a tower shooting up. Possibly around the Kidderminster area?

Nothing spectacular round here, just your average/normal cloudy skies at present, hopefully things will improve later. :D

Posted
I was going to say moderate rain no sign of any thunder yet, but... :D Sounds nasty.

On further observations it turned out to be an F1-CT10N4L

Posted
I can confirm the touch down of what looks like an upper F2 tornado in west London.

woahh :D

hope there is not anyone hurt or any damage :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
QUOTE (morfius @ 7 Jun 2009, 02:22 PM)

woahh

hope there is not anyone hurt or any damage

No piccies?? :D

Just put on the BBC News 24 - if there has been a tornado, it shouldnt be too long until it gets on there :D

And WELL DONE JENSON!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The sky is blue,the sun is out I can see a couple of Anvils.Will it or wont it happen today! we shall see, but I am most defanitely hopeful! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

What, really?.

Posted

Very rapid convection overhead yet again!! Will anything come of it though....the $64,000,000,000,000,000,000 question (I know its $64,000 but accurate storm forecasting is worth far much more :D )

EDIT - That gorgeous woman on SkyNews just said of a threat of thundery downpours later on in the SE :D

Edited by Harry

Posted

Nasty little cell to the North of Bristol, anyone under it?.

Posted
Nasty little cell to the North of Bristol, anyone under it?.

Not under it, but it passed about 5-10 miles away from me, has a great looking structure, thought a heard a few distant rumbles but it is probably quite intense under it, very heavy rainfall.

Posted
Not under it, but it passed about 5-10 miles away from me, has a great looking structure, thought a heard a few distant rumbles but it is probably quite intense under it, very heavy rainfall.

Looking at the netweather radar, there is lightning in that cell. We had a intense hail shower 20mins ago. Looks like more to come.

Met office have extended their warning to Somerset.

Gone dark again here.

You being serious? You can't tell me you believed that :D Wow!

Anyway, cells in the Bristol area still holding up well. I suppose I'd be asking too much for them to move further North towards me.

Yeah we get F2's all the time around here.

Posted

Channel action is looking a tadge more fragmented, lost the reds, but on the whole it is looking more intense. The last hour has seen the predominant colour go from green/yellow, to yellow/pink. And the SE may get some too :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
On further observations it turned out to be an F1-CT10N4L

:D .......Several members here havent quite yet worked out your sense of humour :D

Posted

Looking at UKMO ATD, looks like the thunderstorms might reach dogs, jane louise and lynux, maybe even blizzards, keep an eye out in case they hold together!

Posted

whats happened to the radar loads of showers one min then they all vanish is it the radar?

kaz x

no wait they back again now must be a glitch in nw radar

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Looks like some over Oxfordshire now gradually moving NW towards Coventry or Brum.

Posted

The rainband has moved further north than forecast just thought I`d mentioned it,as the sun has been out milky but even some blue skies, and it`s surprisingly clear for an east/NE wind still cold though.

Cumulus was passing by,but now lower cloudcover has come back,may see some showers between now and more especially tomorrow for a change.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Looking at UKMO ATD, looks like the thunderstorms might reach dogs, jane louise and lynux, maybe even blizzards, keep an eye out in case they hold together!

I do hope so dave! I'm keeping a very close eye on the radar. Still sunny here with a few towers going up.

Posted

Ok, back on to a more serious note, I think I may have witnessed a funnel cloud - it may have just been an unstable cloud base??

It did retreat back into the cloud a couple of minutes after I took this photo though..

Any expert opinions on this??

25k0idj.jpg

Posted
Well if they reach Blizzards then my chances are high :D That's what I've hoping for ever since them cells developed but I doubt they would make it to my area, too slow moving and plus they'll probably lose intensity by then.

yea im not sure either! i too am thinking they will lose intensity <_<

hope im wrong!

Posted

Another heavy shower with hail, not as large as the last one.

I think these showers are developing overhead.

Ok, back on to a more serious note, I think I may have witnessed a funnel cloud - it may have just been an unstable cloud base??

It did retreat back into the cloud a couple of minutes after I took this photo though..

Any expert opinions on this??

25k0idj.jpg

Looks like you got yourself an F2 mate <_<

Edited by SteveB

Posted
Well if they reach Blizzards then my chances are high :D That's what I've hoping for ever since them cells developed but I doubt they would make it to my area, too slow moving and plus they'll probably lose intensity by then.

Here's hoping, you never know, we might just get lucky. <_<

Posted
Just so I don't get my hopes up, I took a look at the wind vectors overlay on the Radar and it looks as if the cells around Bristol should move WNW. The only chance I would get of seeing anything would be if cells developed far more East of the Midlands that way they should swing around in my direction.

Too much to ask? of course.

yep I think you're right mate - heading our way - I can see the darker clouds approaching