Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Jet Stream * Please Read*

Posted

it happened last night ok it was after 1 in the morning but weather view on BBC1 had the jet stream in its forecast.

i have no proof of this so have to take my word for it.

did anyone else see the rare event?

I watch weather view most nights and a lot BBC forecasts and have never seen it used before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
it happened last night ok it was after 1 in the morning but weather view on BBC1 had the jet stream in its forecast.

I watch weather view most nights and a lot BBC forecasts and have never seen it used before.

Saw it as well , surprising how many people watch the weather on TV on a weather site :D

Didnt see any mention of snow though :D

Ill keep watching :)

Seriously seems to be fairly new and I guess a interesting feature . Hit the M4 I think then seem to head south again , not surprised given the potential traffic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

yep i saw it on the weather forecast at 6.28pm during the BBC News. I think it was Dan Corbett presenting

Edited by Calum

Posted

i saw as well, stunned me, to see the jet stream on a bbc weather forecast. still can not believe why i was up so late ( ha ha) :)

Posted

Didn't see it, I'm never up late enough to see weatherview anymore, I think they will have used it as the jet is extremely far to the south at present and consequently it is having a major effect on our weather. Doubt they would be showing it if it was just taking its usual course. Hope to see them use it in the winter when it is far south (wishful thinking!)

Loving the synoptics at present but wish it was winter instead of June.

Posted

Yes, I've seen/heard it mentioned on at least two occasions during the last few days. The forcaster said it was way south, but moving further north during the weekend. They showed the graphics on the map, very impressive. :)

Edited by Koppite

Posted

They've used it a few times in the last few weeks. The first time they showed the graphics without mentioning what it meant. What astonished me most was that they used it unchtime yesterday, which is generally the most dumbed down forecast of the day (given that the demographic for that forecast is not meant to be that interested in the causes of the weather, just whether they need to put toddler in an anorak), and explained its effects.

Does this mean that the Beeb are going to dumb the forecasts down less? One can only hope.