Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

FUNNEL CLOUD SOMEONE CONFIRM IN THE EAST RIDING AREA FUNNEL CLOUD OMFG ITS LIKE 15 MILES AWAY FROM ME

I CANT GET A SHOT OF IT, HONESTLY FUNNEL CLOUD/TORNADO IN THE EAST RIDING AREA IT MIGHT BE NEAR THE COAST NOW

IT MAY HAVE TOUCHED THE GROUND

Edited by Lewis

Posted
Which direction are you looking?

ITLL BE THE HEDON/PRESTON AREA, I CAN CONFIRM IT WAS A FUNNEL AND IT MAY HAVE TOUCHED THE GROUND. FAMILY IN CATWICK LOOKED TO THE DIRECTION I TOLD THEM AND THEY COULD SEE IT. WE WILL WAIT AND IT WILL BE IN THE HULLDAILYMAIL SOON FOR SURE!!

WOW INCREDIBLE THAT WAS ACTUALLY A TORNADO, SECOND I HAVE EVER SEEN :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
FUNNEL CLOUD SOMEONE CONFIRM IN THE EAST RIDING AREA FUNNEL CLOUD OMFG ITS LIKE 15 MILES AWAY FROM ME

I CANT GET A SHOT OF IT, HONESTLY FUNNEL CLOUD/TORNADO IN THE EAST RIDING AREA IT MIGHT BE NEAR THE COAST NOW

IT MAY HAVE TOUCHED THE GROUND

WOW - get your camera boy and get in your car - chase chase chase lol!

Am surprised its kicked off this early - conversion must be really underway!

Morning all. So I understand that EA and the SE are in for a good chance of storms. Well, I really hope to all in the SE that you get them because I know hard it's been lately without storms soo good luck.

Cheers for the vote of luck - however, I have a sneaky suspicion I may be out of luck again, as shock horror, I am wedged between two areas of predicted action (southern most SE and EA - could be another gutter I feel)

Posted

I can confirm there was a funnel cloud over Hedon around 20 minutes ago. Im at work so literally 1 mile away but I dont have a camera here!

Pretty annoying as the thunderstorm it was associated with completely fizzled out when it passed over here before intensifying rapidly as it moved eastwards.

Posted

I cant believe i missed it, theres just to many houses in the way!

Will defo be on the Hull Daily Mail site pretty soon!

Posted

Further cells already breaking out across E Wales heading towards Midlands.

Posted
I cant believe i missed it, theres just to many houses in the way!

Will defo be on the Hull Daily Mail site pretty soon!

YEP cos i just rang the laminate floors up lol!! looks out for lewis on there news article. and reef i'm gutted i couldnt get a picture, my canon SLR is at my sodding mothers! and my 3mpx phone camera would not have got it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Cheers for the vote of luck - however, I have a sneaky suspicion I may be out of luck again, as shock horror, I am wedged between two areas of predicted action (southern most SE and EA - could be another gutter I feel)

Morning mate, I've looked into my crystal ball, read the prophecies, and you wont get a storm today, or any day infact....AND if you ever move from Wilmington, the following day the forementioned town will be hit by a HP Supercell and EF-5 tornado.....You will never see a storm again!........ **CUE EVIL LAUGHTER**

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
having very heavy rain here for the last 20 mins here..very heavy.no thunder yet

certainly quite lively down there Pat....Quite a train of cells popping up

post-4149-1244716841_thumb.png

Posted

Couple of cells now appearing towards the SW!

Posted

Certainly looks like it's going to be a very lively day over most of Europe with a moderate risk of severe thunderstorms over North Italy and a large area of western Russia.

http://estofex.org/cgi-bin/polygon/showfor...ormforecast.xml

I doubt that little thunderstorm extension into south east England will hold true - it doesn't seem thundery at all - there's a cool wind blowing the cloud through at a high rate.

Posted
I doubt that little thunderstorm extension into south east England will hold true - it doesn't seem thundery at all - there's a cool wind blowing the cloud through at a high rate.

Conversion zone type thunderstorms don't necessarily require the best conditions - today while not the typical 'thundery feeling' day, is warmer and more humid feeling than yesterday, a lot more sunshine already with a conversion zone predicted to develop very close by. I am not overly hopeful I am in the best place, but you never know.

Posted

Feels more than that here, and I can't be far from you.

Sadly I have no way of calculating it :unknw:

Posted

Where's our trusty VP with his local Skew-T analysis :p

Two points -

1. Congratulations on getting published :D :lol:

2. We now know who to blame for this talk of MINI-tornadoes :p:unknw:

Edited by Harry

Posted
It's not humid at all here - 34%

And I have been outside and that feels about right.

I agree in some ways, it doesn't feel that humid. However, even in the shade the air still feels quite warm but there is quite a brisk breeze at the same time, not desperately cold though. In the sun it does feel very warm if not hot. not really much happening here, tonnes of cumulus but that's it. Any promising clouds appear to be to my east :unknw: