Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/storm Discussion

Posted

Yep

A sit and wait Jobby James. Certainly not worth the Petrol at the moment.

Paul S

Posted
Yep

A sit and wait Jobby James. Certainly not worth the Petrol at the moment.

Paul S

Yeah i know thats why im still sat at home in my PJs with a cuppa haha.

Edited by UkStormChaser

Posted

They will, Harry due to an encroaching front to the SW which generally in my experience kills off showers. Also, the air mass if from the south or SW rather than NW as is the current scenario would keep these going for a little while longer yet.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
They will, Harry due to an encroaching front to the SW which generally in my experience kills off showers. Also, the air mass if from the south or SW rather than NW as is the current scenario would keep these going for a little while longer yet.

Hmm...this in theory SHOULD therefore, with more influential SW breezes transferring east towards the SE corner, against the NWesterlies, intensify the conversion effect there...maybe...hopefully..lol

Posted
the shower/storm to my south is a beauty, all purple in colour

just nowhere near overhead

Pics pics pics, lol

The strong sunshine is beaming down now - if it stays like this then at least we have a pleasant day out of it :rolleyes:

EDIT - How funny - MetO issue 'Be Prepared' warning for southern counties as it all seems to start dieing down...Basil Fawlty managing that computer per chance! :doh:

Edited by Harry

Posted

gosh it's turned gusty here all of a sudden, but the shower is moving through quickly from west to east to my south, blocking out the sun though as it does. Dry here with blue skies immediately above and further cumulus to my north.

Posted

From 500hpa to 1000hpa on the south coast, there are definitely some interesting wind vectors. From the look of it there could be enough to encourage updrafts to rotate.

Edited by UkStormChaser

Posted
From 500hpa to 1000hpa, there are definitely some interesting wind vectors. From the look of it there could be enough to encourage updrafts to rotate.

If the updraughts can be found, there'll be a lot of happy bunnies on here :rolleyes:

Posted
Pics pics pics, lol

As requested, here's a quick pic. Problem is it's moving pretty fast and there are so many obstacles around this low-lying part of Kent, i.e. houses, trees etc. Still it's the colour of the cloud that's important :rolleyes:

post-8218-1244731150_thumb.jpg

Posted
If the updraughts can be found, there'll be a lot of happy bunnies on here :rolleyes:

yeah very true. Dont know if there is enough forcing down this neck of the woods, though in saying that just as im typing this i just had a brief downpour for about 2 mins. Ahhh that fresh rain smell. Nothing like it.

Posted

OK, at the risk of going down in flames here :rolleyes: , Met O posted this about an hour ago:

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove E Sussex Hampshire Portsmouth Southampton W Sussex

Heavy Rain 1430 Thu 11 1800 Thu 11

Showers, some of which will be heavy with hail and thunder, may give rainfall accumulations of 10-15mm over short periods during this afternoon. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1432 Thu 11 Jun

Posted
As requested, here's a quick pic. Problem is it's moving pretty fast and there are so many obstacles around this low-lying part of Kent, i.e. houses, trees etc. Still it's the colour of the cloud that's important :doh:

now that the cell has passed, the cloud structure is much more clear to my southeast :rolleyes:

Breezy but bright here.

post-8218-1244732248_thumb.jpg

Posted

All over now I think, especially for the Midlands. Nice sunny skies and fairweather Cu at the moment.

Oh well! Back to Jane Louise's "No Storms Club" where I'm going to request a lifetime membership. :D

Phil.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Can here thunder from a rapidly developing cell to my south atm.

Posted
Can here thunder from a rapidly developing cell to my south atm.

There are some really good Developments between London and Mk At present. Watching a whole line of Towering Cumulus to my North.

Paul S

Posted
There are some really good Developments between London and Mk At present. Watching a whole line of Towering Cumulus to my North.

Paul S

Bit of a long ass drive if you ask me. Think i might just stay home unless something blows up near me.

Posted

Thunders becomming more frequent and booming in the distance, to bad it looks like its moving SE wards and im gonna miss the brunt of it, been ages since i've gotten a good storm.

Posted

That Bucks storm is going to pass too far N for me.

Some very pokey cells developing again down towards Hants/Sussex way!

Posted

Clearing away from here now, suns come back out :D

Can still hear it booming away as it departs, nice navy blue look to the sky all the way accross to my south.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
MAN i wish they had Doppler radar here as good as the usa ones. That would be awesome.

That would mean the met would have to spend money on something useful! :D