Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports Uk June 09'

NL

Posted

Will try to post up the Hail pics later if I get the kids of the Laptop tonight :D:shok:

The Updraught area on this Storm was pretty amazing as well, when you went through Upminster in the Hail we were chasing it down the now flooded A127, Absolute Mare with the road completely under water in places.

Still not bad for the start of Summer and hopefully we get a few more above average storms in our little area.

Paul S

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Just had a thunderstorm here, not much rain at my location but the local town of Langport has had considerably more. Quite loud cracks of thunder but not much lightning.

Posted

That must be the one that passed over Llanelli earlier then, lasting hours (I think about 3 hours!) that seemed to have a brilliant strike every few seconds or so :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Had a thunderstorm very late last night before going to bed withsome impressive lightning strikes CG and IC with some lovely sounding thunder. Also a brief spell of very heavy rain leading to 4mm in the guage.

Posted

A decent long lasting thunderstorm here overnight. Started at midnight (ish), clearing off by 3.30am ish.

Edited by Karen Ann

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Plenty of heavy thunderstorms last night here in South Wales. The storms, hit worst Near Swansea/llanelli area, but some of the heavier cells move further northwards. It was a very loud thundery night

Posted

Weak storm overnight at around 3.30 am. Some flashes of lightning and distant rumbles out to sea.

Edited by Coast

Posted

To confirm, I saw a large funnel forming today (added a report for another funnel in this area about 2 weeks ago) from a superb wall cloud around the Swavesey area in Cambridgeshire, one of the best tornado/funnel formations i'v seen in the UK, was hard to tell whether it made it to the ground or not. Looked typical of your American set up - thunderstorm was rolling West with long wall cloud on its tail. Absolutely superb, best storm formation i'v seen here. Tried getting a video but yet again phone let me down in saving. Not long after a report came through on radio from someone else of a tornado trying to form, most probably the same one as I watched

Edited by matty8

Posted

Thunderstorm here started about 5pm. Not much lightning, but plenty of thunder and some light rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Thunderstorm 4-5 miles to my South begun at around 3:30pm and progressed slowly WNW. Alot of thunder and visually, some lightning.

wahey! someone actually posting in the correct thread....lol.......distant thunder here from a quite potent cell over Wolverhampton (1810hrs) no precip or visible lightning though

Posted
wahey! someone actually posting in the correct thread....lol.......distant thunder here from a quite potent cell over Wolverhampton (1810hrs) no precip or visible lightning though

Yes same here, my its busy on this thread, looks like I'm the only one on here.

Posted

First thunder started at about 6pm, large drops of rain also but at about 7pm the real action started! Rain, Hail and then the LIGHTNING! So many flashes and strikes, lots of close strikes and some very deep thunder.

CC+CG Lightning.

And it is still rumbling on at 8:11pm with more flashes and rumbles.

Posted
First thunder started at about 6pm, large drops of rain also but at about 7pm the real action started! Rain, Hail and then the LIGHTNING! So many flashes and strikes, lots of close strikes and some very deep thunder.

CC+CG Lightning.

And it is still rumbling on at 8:11pm with more flashes and rumbles.

it has seemed to stick in one place for a long time saint. moved northwestwards at a decent pace until it passed just to the north of st albans and then seemed to get stuck ?? lots to look at though.

Posted

Well, quite a day yesterday, while sitting on the M40 with a broken down coach there was a storm in the London area dropping some nice bolts of CG. I was at Junction 2 and the storm looked to be down near Hillingdon area, also all our coaches are fitted with radios so we can talk to each other and there was reports of flooding down at Park Royal and Hanger Lane underpass was closed due to flooding.

Another storm in Oxford last night about nine o`clock, passed straight over the Cowley area nice lightning and torrential rain.

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

terribles electricals storm in lootons beds yesterdays evenings likes in st albany aroudn 7pms. masseeev hailystones, torrential rains, quadruple fork lightenings, crash bang wollopsy loudy thunders for couple of hours and very black tornadoey skies! it is was terrbily humids isweels yesterdays.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Well, quite a day yesterday, while sitting on the M40 with a broken down coach there was a storm in the London area dropping some nice bolts of CG. I was at Junction 2 and the storm looked to be down near Hillingdon area, also all our coaches are fitted with radios so we can talk to each other and there was reports of flooding down at Park Royal and Hanger Lane underpass was closed due to flooding.

Another storm in Oxford last night about nine o`clock, passed straight over the Cowley area nice lightning and torrential rain.

I was going down M40 yesterday cira 9.30pm from J9 at around J6 I hit some of the most intense rain i have ever seen and the lighting was amazing and scary

Posted

What are the chances of a storm in the North West of England/Blackburn area this evening anyone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had another thunderstorm around 4am this morning, plenty of lightning and very loud thunder and some torrential rain. :lol:

Last thursday, I had had no thunderstorms for 2009, now there's been five!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A late report of a cracking thunderstorm last Thursday evening which lasted about 30 minutes and dumped 8.2mm in the guage with gusty winds and impressive lightning.

Another thunderstorm passed through hear between 05.30 and 07.00 this morning with some torrential rain and frequent thunder but not much lightning. This dumped 9.2mm in the guage and there was some hail for a short time. This cleared after 07.30 and the sun was shining by 09.00.