Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted

A stunning day today with plenty of sunshine and only patchy cloud.

hardly any breeze with a current temp of 22c :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Sunny 16C max 21C

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 15c

Outdoor humidity 70%

Pressure 1016mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 5mph

Gust 10mph

Cloud Height 2406ft

Wet Bulb 13c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 11c

Wind Chill 15c

Weather Clear dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature rose 0.8c

Pressure dropped 3mb

Humidity rose 7%

Average wind speed 8mph

Dewpoint rose 1.4c

Average wind direction South East

Moon age 21 days 62%

Sunrise and Sunset 4:43am - 10:19pm

Moonrise and Moonset 1:10am - 11:47am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A lovely day with plenty of sunshine & a good max of 22.3c. Now a still & warm evening with patchy cloud. Currently 19.4c and still half light.

Posted
An hour ago in Great Asby it was sunny and 19.4º. Now it's 13.2º and chucking it down...apparently. I'm in the office today and 5 miles away in Appleby it's dry.

Yes East Cumbria didn't fair as well as the rest of the county today which saw predominantly dry weather. I was walking near Thirlmere and there wasn't the hint of a shower anywhere on the horizon, you were just unlucky to catch one today.

A word on today, almost perfect summer day, 20 degrees,dry throughout some fair weather cloud but mainly sunny skies throughout and a mild superbly wonderfully light evening, yes perhaps it was just a little bit too humid for doing a big walk, but all in all a cracking summers day. Combined with yesterday admittedly it got off to a slow start, this weekend has been a very decent one indeed, if we were to see many similiar weekends this summer, then I will be a very happy man. Temperatures of 20 degrees with a warm light southerly breeze and no rain and lots of sunshine suits all those who both like to relax and unwind in the sunshine and those who still like to be very energetic, once the temperature starts nudging the 25 degree mark with similiar conditions, the range of comfort begins to decrease markedly. Do I crave a hot summers day... mmm not really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In Exeter it ended up as a mostly dry sunny day, but there was one light shower at 5pm as a cumulus congestus came this side of Dartmoor. I expect more in the way of showers tomorrow though.

Overall this is very much "my type" of weather- a decent amount of warmth and sunshine guaranteed and always the chance of a convective storm.