Weather Presenters On Location...

Weather presenters on location  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Weather presenters on location

• A waste of time
    • Useful if only weather related
    • Not fussed

Posted

Its Royal Ascot next week and in recent years BBC Breakfast has sent the weather presenter to an empty racecourse, all tarted up, to broadcast the weather. A waste of time in my eyes.

Even when its weather related, it can be embarrassing as we saw last December Matt Taylor doing the breakfast weather from a very green Stirling instead of the snowy scenes they were expecting.

Sometimes it can be ridiculous, as we saw Daniel Corbett awkward and uncomfortably doing the weather from the site of the July 2007 floods probably with floodwater around his ankles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

like it when bbc have weather presenter at wimbledon, usually carol kirkwood at breakfast, and Dan corbett later on at midday, as wimbledon is weather related, no good weather no wimbledon, very useful

even this year a lot of rain will disrupt scheduling and put championships behind, so i like having weather men/women on location at wimbledon, somewhere like ascot maybe a bit unnecessary as event will go ahead in rain

Posted
like it when bbc have weather presenter at wimbledon, usually carol kirkwood at breakfast, and Dan corbett later on at midday, as wimbledon is weather related, no good weather no wimbledon, very useful

even this year a lot of rain will disrupt scheduling and put championships behind, so i like having weather men/women on location at wimbledon, somewhere like ascot maybe a bit unnecessary as event will go ahead in rain

Naturally, I suspect, Carol K will be there for both and enjoy trying on new hats, but whether they'll bother with sending Tomasz Schafernaker/Laura Tobin (who seem to have a virtual monopoly on the lunchtime forecast these days), time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I don't like the fact that they always have the Breakfast forecasts outside in the Blue Peter garden - why? I want to see the weather map cover the whole screen, not half of it. If there is a huge dumping of snow or it is a scorching day then doing forecasts on location is fine, but I have long got sick and tired of it.

Posted

its good, i like it when they are out of the studio during interesting weather, it just adds to the excitement of it all.

Posted

They can do that from the studio, I don't really see your point. Pointless someone doing a forecast from Wimbledon at 6.30 in the morning?!

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I can see you're point,

it must be expensive as well to send them out to do thier forecast.

only in extreme cases when its properly weather related should the be out.

Posted

I really don't know why they broadcast breakfast weather from the BP garden. I've been in the BP garden and it's as unspiring as it looks on the telly. ok so its cheap to shove a camera crew and carol down a few flights of stairs from the studio, but why not just keep the whole thing in the studio. I do like outside broadcasts in extreme weather conditions, and the beeb seem to this better than itv.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Anybody see Carol Kirkwood this morning on Breakfast with her stupid hats? She looked ridiculous and it was an absolute waste of the licence payer's money. Just shove the forecasters in a studio where we want to see them. We want to watch the weather forecast - not what hat she is wearing.