Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Our turn :shok:

ukcapeli.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Our turn :shok:

Hmm - these nice CAPE values will be existing under a fairly strong area of HP by the looks of things! This means the chances of it being released in the form of storms is vastly reduced. In the event some of it is released, any storm activity is likely to be very isolated.

Edited by Harry

Posted

France will get some storms end of next week,this could well be a much longer settled spell to what we`ve been use to in high summer for a fair few years, and also the 5th easterly since april,isolated thunderstorms could well pop up in the west/SW in time if this pattern keeps holding,wind slackens pressure drops all from the continent is the best chance.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn2161.png

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
I think you're taking the charts a little too literally - CAPE values are always changing based on a number of other factors. Besides, the chances of storms next week regardless of CAPE values is slim. High pressure will dominate our weather for next week so storms are very much unlikely.

You would probably rather have an expert tell you this but I thought I might as well give my opinion :shok:

Thanks weather09,

I guess I have always gone by the Cape charts. Oh well, maybe in a couple weeks or so we will get more storms! July is a pretty good month. Here's to July lol :lol:

Posted
Aww,my storm risk has gone to nothing for Tuesday. :lol:

well i wasnt even in the storm risk area for starters lol :shok: typical north west England coastline!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

OT

Did we just have a mini earthquake in kent? , i felt my chair move then i noticed my desktop/monitor was shaking from side to side.

Lasted about 2-3secs

Posted
OT

Did we just have a mini earthquake in kent? , i felt my chair move then i noticed my desktop/monitor was shaking from side to side.

Lasted about 2-3secs

really?! :D drat i went to bed 30 mins beforehand! :D

Edit: just had a look at the BGS, nowt on there :)

http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Line of potentially thundery stuff heading straight at Belfast - could be interesting next hour.

EDIT - Week after next, should it come off, looks exciting! Not taking specfic details into account for obvious reasons, but indications are for the 'P' word! :D

Edited by Harry

Posted
Line of potentially thundery stuff heading straight at Belfast - could be interesting next hour.

EDIT - Week after next, should it come off, looks exciting! Not taking specfic details into account for obvious reasons, but indications are for the 'P' word! :D

:D Pants ?? :D

Posted
EDIT - Week after next, should it come off, looks exciting! Not taking specific details into account for obvious reasons, but indications are for the 'P' word! :D

Peeing down with rain? :D

Posted

All so very funny :lol:

Posted

What date are you looking at here? I've been looking at the GFS chart and havn't seen anything that would look like a plume setup :(

If you tell me the date maybe I skipped over it... I hope I skipped over it :mellow:

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

Just come to post about our stormette - some nice rumbles and flashes and torrential rain here - we're about 5 miles SW of Manchester airport.

Posted
Just come to post about our stormette - some nice rumbles and flashes and torrential rain here - we're about 5 miles SW of Manchester airport.

Looks good, you must be right under it, getting rain in S Manch now with thunder. Torretial shower at 2115 that brewed from nowhere on the radar. Maybe it'll makeup for missing all the action on Monday.

Hmm, getting quite active, lighting every 2 mins or so and rather windy.

Andrew

Edited by alr1970

Posted
Looks good, you must be right under it, getting rain in S Manch now with thunder. Torretial shower at 2115 that brewed from nowhere on the radar. Maybe it'll makeup for missing all the action on Monday.

Andrew

Yup, it's pretty heavy rain now and extremely blustery! Time to get the towels out as the conservatory leaks in downpours like this! :mellow:

Posted

All stopped now, just drizzling. Still, it provided a bit of excitement for 1/2 hour!

Posted

Had a couple of flashes here about half a hour ago (10pm) accompanies with heavy almost torrential rain for a time before subsiding as it moved East, looking at the NW radar it seemed the worst of it was between here and Manchester around the Hazel Grove area.

Yes dying out now as the first spots of rain arrive here. Ah well, it was surprising enough to read about it so I'm not too disappointed that it's not electrifed anymore:)