Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Coast

Posted

Nothing for us from the usual sites today, perhaps a merest hint of something in Scotland? - or Southern France/Italy!

gfs_cape_eur12.png

:o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

My storm risk for Friday looks pretty good. But it's all bound to change! I'm not going to bank my hopes up yet until the day before lol.

Posted
It does look quite promising for the end of the week. Warm and humid weather will be the main feature this week and with HP sitting to the NE this could help for the potential for storms on Friday.

This is certainly something to watch out for. :D

How cool lol ,maybe I will get a little excited then lol. :D

Posted

Probably sticking my neck out a bit here but next weekend looks certainly possible for a thundery breakdown. S-SW to begin with with cooler temperatures following on behind.

All pie in the sky at the moment but I've not been wrong before... (Except for snow and storm predictions!)

Jane Louise, good luck! :D

Otherwise, enjoy the oncoming heatwave. :D

Phil.

Posted
Probably sticking my neck out a bit here but next weekend looks certainly possible for a thundery breakdown. S-SW to begin with with cooler temperatures following on behind.

All pie in the sky at the moment but I've not been wrong before... (Except for snow and storm predictions!)

Jane Louise, good luck! :D

Otherwise, enjoy the oncoming heatwave. :D

Phil.

Please don't be wrong this time Phil lol

Good luck to you too and everybody else espicially if this does come off :)

Posted

I'm waiting until 15th July for Solihull, (see sig). Jane Louise.

Let's see.. 1st storm : 15th April.

2nd Storm which was even better than the first : 15th June, 15th July? (Mebbe) 15th August? (It's happened before, 1990-something, will research that). 15th September? (Better not be! I'm away that day!)

Phil.

Posted

from another source

The wind may become strong in the south mid-week. As always with fine and sunny weather over the UK we need to look for a breakdown, and frequently these are thundery. It looks as though this thundery breakdown is going to occur next weekend and some of those storms could be torrential

:D:D

Posted

:D Yay lol :D

Let's hope so anyway dogs lol

Phil, I hope you get yer storm the number 15 seems a lucky number for you lol :)

Posted

I had that same thought, Jane Louise.

Next weeks lottery numbers has to consist of 15. If I were on Deal or No Deal, I'd pick box No 15.

Oddly enough, Monday's storm began proper at 16:15. :D

Phil. (Twliight Zone theme tune suddenly appears inside my head!! "Doo do do doo, doo do doo doooo!!")

Posted
I had that same thought, Jane Louise.

Next weeks lottery numbers has to consist of 15. If I were on Deal or No Deal, I'd pick box No 15.

Oddly enough, Monday's storm began proper at 16:15. :D

Phil. (Twliight Zone theme tune suddenly appears inside my head!! "Doo do do doo, doo do doo doooo!!")

:D Maybe on Friday at 15.15pm you WILL get your storm lol :)

I may even have a slight chance Tuesday evening too. But that is definitely expecting to much at the moment lol

Posted

I think Tuesday will be a 10/90 chance, lesser figure being the chance of. Otherwise slap on that suntan lotion.

The weekend ahead...

Interesting. More details later, from our good Netweather guys or myself. (You will see a storm Jane Louise. Delete that thread. I'll deliver it to you personally! It works from the Midlands to Sheffield so why not the other way?)

I've not long gone and told my neighbours that it looks fine this week, but week ahead... Possible BANG!! in Devon which is where they will be heading. Or possibly confronting on the M5??

Forewarned is forearmed after all. :rolleyes:

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

am I correct in saying its going to be warm BUT not very hot anymore.......and the Storm potentail as all but gone..

any info anybody :lol:

looking for some good news in this dull country of grey cloud and blazing June temps :lol:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
am I correct in saying its going to be warm BUT not very hot anymore.......and the Storm potentail as all but gone..

any info anybody :lol:

looking for some good news in this dull country of grey cloud and blazing June temps :lol:

This looks promising :)

It is from the latest METO regional forecast for the SE region but I think that many other southern parts will be included in time by the end of the week

Outlook for Tues to Thurs

Most places should remain dry with plenty of sunshine once early low cloud has burned off, and becoming increasingly warm. However, there is an increasing risk of thundery showers later.

Posted

Thx North Sea....something to look forward to......getting a bit bored of this dull weather

I could always fly off to the States and see some Rotation :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Some heavy / torrential rain showers has been affecting us in the last hour

Yeah, I was down the road from you that evening just outside Llanrug in Brynteg Caravan Park. Was pretty bloody intense the rainfall then. I was surprised not to hear any thunder.

Posted
That's the norm over there, wouldn't even get half that over here.

Anyway back to home, like I said, wait until the end of the week where there is the potential for some big thunderstorms especially so for the SE and southern counties.

And not forgetting this from the Met Office: :lol:

UK Outlook for Friday 26 Jun 2009 to Sunday 5 Jul 2009:

Through to the middle of next week the weather is expected to be largely fine and warm. Though there is the increasing threat of some heavy showers and thunderstorms. Especially over central and southern parts of the UK away from the East coast where there will be an onshore wind. The afternoon temperatures away from these eastern coastal areas are expected to be either warm or very warm, but perhaps even hot in places. Then as we move towards the middle of the second week the current indications are that the weather will turn more unsettled and less warm. Cloudier conditions with either showers or more prolonged rain are expected to spread to many areas at times. However, there are also likely to be some brighter periods mixed in

Posted

yes many places all going for the same thing :lol:

Two areas of weather are worth watching; the first is the possibility of some thunderstorms forming in the afternoon over parts of southern England and Wales, the second is the risk of some thundery rain moving into southern Ireland and southwest England.

Posted

Steady Weather09. Not all cut and dried yet. But I think before the next weekend we will see some sharp showers and/or thunderstorms. Then maybe Jane Louise can resign from her own NSC personal thread. :lol:

Sticking my neck out a bit here but observation I guess with the north west being unsettled, that to me could be a trigger for a trough to the south and move north east. Wednesday will see very high temperatures to the south and south east which will be the catalyst for shower/TS development.

Still early days yet however. I hope my predictions prove true. If not then I'll, I'll erm... Eat my socks. (I have the salt handy just in case! :lol: )

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK