Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Maps Climate Change Forecasts

MAF

Posted
Using an online "weather generator", people will be able to see what the project forecasts for their postcode at different points in the future.

I wonder how the forecasts will be for London

Detailed forecasts of how climate change may affect the UK during this century are to be released by the government later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8106104.stm

Posted

I shudder to think of the bloodbath between the pro and anti GW brigade on this forum once they get going with it?

Posted
I shudder to think of the bloodbath between the pro and anti GW brigade on this forum once they get going with it?
:D perhaps it will be a suprise for some of them John. Even so, it is just a forecasting tool that should, perhaps, be taken as all forecasting methods, with an element of uncertainty :D:)

Posted

Can I have £1 please for every person who asks how the MetO can predict the weather in 50 years time when they can't even get it right 2 days ahead ...... :D £1,000 if Booker says it in the Telegraph!

(for the record, this is not a weather forecast it's a prediction of likely average conditions and more specifically how these may change in comparison with current average predictions. It should also be noted that on average, average conditions do not currently occur very often)

Posted

It's not worth getting upset over John! Climate models are only worthwhile, when the right information is put into them. Alas they fall a wee bit short in that department. Best get ready for the shoot out now!! :D

Posted

Probably just a knee jerk reaction to the oncoming weak to moderate El Nino, doubt there is much real science behind it unless of course you count some very dubious data fed computer models.

Posted

I suggest everyone sits watches and listens carefully to what Vick Pope from UK Met ACTUALLY says before jumping to any conclusions. I found it a sensible and carefully presented commentary on the findings, she also gives some information on how they arrived at their conclusions along with the probable errors.

do watch and listen

Posted
I suggest everyone sits watches and listens carefully to what Vick Pope from UK Met ACTUALLY says before jumping to any conclusions. I found it a sensible and carefully presented commentary on the findings, she also gives some information on how they arrived at their conclusions along with the probable errors.

do watch and listen

Bugger I've no sound on my ailing computer, can someone please relay to me what is said!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very informative, John. Thank you. :lol:

Posted
Bugger I've no sound on my ailing computer, can someone please relay to me what is said!

bit difficult SC as its around 5 mins

Posted

do watch and listen

Excellent link! I'd no idea the Met Office have a you tube presence.

Posted

if I get time I'll try but edited leaves me open to others making out I've shown what I want to show?

on the Met O site you could try this for any region in the UK

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climatechange/guide/ukcp/map/

not as informative as listening to their briefing but it gives a flavour of the high and low values along with the prediction-rain, temps etc.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
if I get time I'll try but edited leaves me open to others making out I've shown what I want to show?

Thanks John, I'm sure most on here know your a man of integrity, and don't get involved in the tit for tat arguments on here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

It's interesting how there is no increase in rainfall nor decrease. There is generally a decrease in summer rainfall whereas i would have expected an increase due to more convection? :lol:

The general increase ( 2C ) in temp by 2050 seems as i would expect however. The figures are not shocking or urgently worrying which makes them worse in a way, because it stops us seeing how big a problem it is. :)

For example 11C and 13C both sound fairly cool/ bearable but there consequences might be worse.