Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What Will Be The Highest Temperature Recorded In The Uk Up To 31st August?

Posted
At the rate the temps are climbing in London I wouldn't be surprised to see Heathrow airport record 31C today.

Possibly record 32C this week although I think im right in saying the record max for June is 35C.

Currently 25C in London at 9.30am which is impressive. :lol:

It is climbing fast round here and it is now 26c......! :doh:

Posted
Currently 25C in London at 9.30am which is impressive. :doh:

In comparison I remember the morning of the 10th August 2003 being about 28c by 10 here with london somewhere around 30c by that stage.

There's a thread on ukweatherworld somewhere still in existance with live reports from that month, remember reading it last year.

Upto 24.3c now.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Heathrow best of the bunch at 10.00 with the temp up to 25.5C

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/obs...ions/index.html

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised to see 33 as the maximum for the week somewhere in the SE, and there's a fair chance of 31 in the London area today. I believe the highest temperature recorded in June was 35.6 in Southampton in 1976 (don't think that has been exceeded since, but may have been equalled).

Posted
In comparison I remember the morning of the 10th August 2003 being about 28c by 10 here with london somewhere around 30c by that stage.

There's a thread on ukweatherworld somewhere still in existance with live reports from that month, remember reading it last year.

Upto 24.3c now.

And not forgetting the archived weather reports thread on netweather :lol:

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?showtopic=1442

Posted
Could anyone predict which month will see the highest air temperature?

On average the highest air temperature of the year occurs sometime between the 20th July and about the 15th August, we don't normally expect to see the highest figures being recorded so early in the season as now, however, if we do see 33/34 degrees in the coming days, it will be a really tough call to see a repeat...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Normally in my lifetime the highest temps have tended to occur in early August or late July, so we still have a while to go. If this same set up repeated in a months time then instead of 30C-32C maxima, we could we looking at 32C-35C maxima, and others have suggested a very hot spell in late July, but taht is in a months time so we have a lot of weather to enjoy untill then :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
If this same set up repeated in a months time then instead of 30C-32C maxima, we could we looking at 32C-35C maxima, :rolleyes:

Lets hope not - more grey damp / wet, sticky, weather, id rather it sunny and 24C

Posted
Normally in my lifetime the highest temps have tended to occur in early August or late July, so we still have a while to go. If this same set up repeated in a months time then instead of 30C-32C maxima, we could we looking at 32C-35C maxima, and others have suggested a very hot spell in late July, but taht is in a months time so we have a lot of weather to enjoy untill then :lol:

Indeed most of the 30c days recorded in the UK, I believe, are in July/Aug rather than now. However, I think we will struggle to get a set up like this again this summer, in order to get anything higher. Maybe a one or two day spell but at best temperatures similar to current recordings. I'd go as far as saying I believe this will be our longest and warmest spell of summer 2009.