Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Lightening actiivity has died down i think.

where may i ask in the big storm or generally? I will stay on till at least 3 - 4 am to see what happens

Edited by viking_smb

Posted

Hahahaa hits the IOW and dies! I'm off to bed ... Told you if it was on the way to me it would die! LOL.

Posted
where may i ask in the big storm or generally? I will stay on till at least 3 - 4 am to see what happens

In the storm i think.

Posted
Hahahaa hits the IOW and dies! I'm off to bed ... Told you if it was on the way to me it would die! LOL.

my theory is that when it hits land that the sferics can't be sustained, hope it dies properly though :D

Posted
my theory is that when it hits land that the sferics can't be sustained, hope it dies properly though :D

Or its just a case of "Temps cooling" look at the temps accross N france (23-24c) still.

Posted
:D Violent? And how would you know? where are you getting your info from?

You'll see, areas W of IOW will now start to see just heavy rain with lightning/sferics dropping off. Areas east and NE into London/Kent area will get a pasting soon.

I got my info off the lightning charts ;) its pretty easy watch it constantly for 30 mins and you can get a clear idea of whats happening LOL. How sad am i!!

Edited by Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Well I have NLC but no storms =(

Posted
Hoping this stuff will reinvigorate soon.

For your neck of the woods i'm afraid not, attention is now to your East.

lewis

Edited by Lewis

Posted
Well Meto must be expecting something in the next few hours since they upgraded the warning for much of the SW. Either the stuff coming in from France intensifies or it continues to disapate and it's progresses NW.

I'm a little confused as to where the main risk is of thunderstorms since much of England will be in an unstable environment tomorrow and with a trough coming in from the SW by Midday I would have thought chances were high for widespread thunderstorms but I just don't seem to be seeing that in any forecasts.

It is all a bit up in the air isn't it, the sky forecast said lots of thunderstorms, a 50% chance for England and Wales.

A bit optimistic I would imagine but could be some widespread storms.

Posted
Well Meto must be expecting something in the next few hours since they upgraded the warning for much of the SW. Either the stuff coming in from France intensifies or it continues to disapate and it's progresses NW.

I'm a little confused as to where the main risk is of thunderstorms since much of England will be in an unstable environment tomorrow and with a trough coming in from the SW by Midday I would have thought chances were high for widespread thunderstorms but I just don't seem to be seeing that in any forecasts.

I agree. Its seems to be turning in to a Morning event. I will be suprised if any more storms form tomorrow after this MCS blows through. The only thing that points to me thinking more storms, is that all the rain dumped is just going to add fuel (ie evapotranspiration) to any storms that can develop tomorrow in the south.

Edited by UkStormChaser

Posted
It is all a bit up in the air isn't it, the sky forecast said lots of thunderstorms, a 50% chance for England and Wales.

A bit optimistic I would imagine but could be some widespread storms.

I believe a chase is in order tomorrow me thinks, depending how knackered i am

Posted

Lightning is running the bay out to sea traveling south to north east Roughly 10 a min now. Only had one really loud rumble and that was about 20 mins ago, the rest have been rather distant but still coming every 20-30 secs

Posted
I believe a chase is in order tomorrow me thinks, depending how knackered i am

There should be some good storms about to chase so good luck if you do, I think you will have a great chance of seeing some good stuff.

Posted
There should be some good storms about to chase so good luck if you do, I think you will have a great chance of seeing some good stuff.

as i said dave depends how tired i am after tonights staying up, either that I use my sea cadet unit's viking (slow motor boat) and take photos from the bristol channel only does 8 knots but is really powerful against the tide, probably take my assistant boats officer if he's off :D for a run

Edited by viking_smb