Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 26th June >>

Posted
Shouldbe completely gone in the next hour..

I just hope maybe the late evening heat may help. But considering down south have had it for longer and yet nada.

Im not holding my breath.

yep, been sunny here all afternoon.. warm temps, and its just fair weather clouds, so cant understand why it has'nt kicked off here.. usually does, somethings missing??

Posted

We might have a chance afterall here, that stuff in the borders is intensifying and heading this way!

Posted

The heavy cells down North of The Brest(France) are moving North.

maybe for later.

But we have the dreaded sea to deal with :doh:

clutching at straws here

Edited by dogs32

Posted
They're probably the same showers I got today though I must say the second, which has just passed, was intense. Really heavy rain, not the heaviest I've seen but because it was prolonged (20-25min duration) it was unbelievable how the drainage system couldn't cope, wouldn't be surprised if a few of the main roads around B'ham were flooded.

You must have caught the main chunk of the rain just gone because it was only moderate here. The 1st one left my grass like a lake for a good 10 minutes! I was expecting thunder though??

Posted

Had rumbles of thunder for the past 20 mins but no lightening as yet,coming over very dark.Just had one big crack of thunder so battoning down the hatches now and waiting to see what developes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No storms here today albeit one torrential downpour. Very humid. Dissapointing again. :doh:

Posted

Heavy rain here now from a very dark based cell but no thunder !!! YET

Edit :- torrential downpour now

Edited by shaun l

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

suns out and the temp is up to 24.1c, 71% humidty, it may allow something to happen

on sat24.co it looks like somthing may be happening down near the yeovil area,anybody down there??

Edited by fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Good Afternoon All.

Not been on for ages, but things starting up here so thought id post my two penny.

Cracking thunder has just started here over the RAF base in Henlow, (Herts / Beds), really loud and deep rolling cracks of thunder, no rain and no lightning that I have seen sofar.

OMG!!!

Bl**DY NORA, Almighty crack, and the power went off!

Sorry about that, quick change of underpants needed their!

My god, not heard thunder like that before!! That must of been right over the top, and i think their is lightning, just cant see it, because power went out, and about 5 seconds later, a huge crack of thunder went off!

Cant see anything on IOW lightning tracker though?

Mad though, quite bright skies and its not raining....

Edited by Bronski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
suns out and the temp is up to 24.1c, 71% humidty, it may allow something to happen

on sat24.co it looks like somthing may be happening down near the yeovil area,anybody down there??

radar shows a intense cell just appeared out of nowhere, anyone in east of bristol see anything?

Posted
This might be helpful - although JH's is more in depth - here

nice presentation that VP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

A contination of todays rainy theme here....heavy, bordering on torrential rain here the past 3 hours, between 16 and 32mm, no thunder or lightning as yet, although there are sporadic sferics a few miles to my south...My attention though is on a clump of thunderstorms over east warwicks/northants/herts as they're slowly trundling their way along the axis of this rainband towards me...If there's anything left of them, they should reach me in he next 2-3 hours :doh:

current radar grab for the midlands...

post-4149-1246031527_thumb.png

Posted

and in answer to the query from Essex, sorry forgot your name

the 03882 skew-t for 12z shows with 23C temp and Td 13C+ local ascent to the Trop is again likely. It may be that the ascent was still close/on the trough but I would have thought it was behind it so the above should be true.

hope that helps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

After a bitter disappointment the other day, Im still waiting for the first storm of the year here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

storm over northants/warwicks showing up quite well on the SAT 24 visible sat loop...

http://www.sat24.com/Region.aspx?country=g...s&type=loop

Posted
A contination of todays rainy theme here....heavy, bordering on torrential rain here the past 3 hours, between 16 and 32mm, no thunder or lightning as yet, although there are sporadic sferics a few miles to my south...My attention though is on a clump of thunderstorms over east warwicks/northants/herts as they're slowly trundling their way along the axis of this rainband towards me...If there's anything left of them, they should reach me in he next 2-3 hours :doh:

current radar grab for the midlands...

post-4149-1246031527_thumb.png

If it helps for future calibration AJ, although that radar shows rain in Stoke, it's still dry here (city centre at least), although rain is clearly imminent.

Dave

Posted
If it helps for future calibration AJ, although that radar shows rain in Stoke, it's still dry here (city centre at least), although rain is clearly imminent.

Dave

It would be nice if infact the radar images are shunted a few miles further south, as currently it looks touch and go whether or the northants storm cluster will hit hit me, or flirt with me to my north-east, or as I now call them, a skirtflasher storm... :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No storms are going to get here now. Dissapointing but as usual im not surprised-it seems rare that when storms are forecast they actually affect here.

Unsure as to whether the next decent chance is. Cape looks good tomorrow but only light showers expected.

Posted
Oh well, the day is over for me and everyone else to my SW and due S. Those cells to the SE will keep persisting to the very end of the day just to rub salt into my wounds. :doh:

To sum up: Two torrential downpours but ultimately another disppointing day.

Yep, although TS are hard to predict im getting quite fed up with them being predicted and nothing happening. In a way i dont care because next week it looks like a heatwave is on the way! 1st proper one since 2006 imo! :D

60% of 32c being reached! :D

It can only go all bang at the end but no doubt something will go wrong! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just had a nice image from my weather cam. Made a dash outside with the camcorder but ended up just a low scud cloud, woke me up a bit anyway!

post-3585-1246032377_thumb.jpg

Posted

A bit dull to my SE, but I imagine thats due to outflow from Johnny Frog's storms.

If we have to have uncomfortable warmth and humidity, can't we at least have uninterrupted sunshine with it? :doh:

Posted

Some scattered sharp showers developing in the Somerset area since the sun has broken through. I don't think they'll become storms but they could give very heavy localised downpours.

Does anyone know if there was and lightning around in Wiltshire when the heavy rain was here at about 9:30am, or was it just rain?

Not sure if you'll see this reply but people from the Swindon area reported several lots of thunder during the morning.

Posted
A bit dull to my SE, but I imagine thats due to outflow from Johnny Frog's storms.

If we have to have uncomfortable warmth and humidity, can't we at least have uninterrupted sunshine with it? :doh:

Sun out in West London for the moment, dont think we will get any storms, so much for the torrential rain!!!!!!!!