Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 26th June >>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Another non event for the midlands really, sad thing is it's not sometimes, its all the time these so called storm events are predicted for us they never happen.

I guess really its down the the systems comming up from the south last night, they left this grey rubbish in there wake, so not giving our stuff a chance. Shame the MCV didnt add anything to the cause.

Ahh well, I aint moaning, well maybe I am but shhh...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Yeah, can't wait for the heatwave! Should keep them '2007 Pessimists' at bay for a while :doh: . As for Thunderstorms or lack of, I'm getting fed up myself, though that's as far as I'm going to talk about it incase the mods or anyone else starts accusing me of 'moaning'.

Stop whinging....there, didnt accuse you of moaning did I mate??.... :lol:

some nice looking storms now heading into leicestershire, looks like they will now pass to my east, but, never say die!

Posted
OK thanks :doh:

Did you see any lightning?

No, apparantly it was visible miles to the NW and to the S/SW overnight but I didn't see any despite looking out for an hour or so around 02.00-03.00!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Yeah, can't wait for the heatwave! Should keep them '2007 Pessimists' at bay for a while :doh: . As for Thunderstorms or lack of, I'm getting fed up myself, though that's as far as I'm going to talk about it incase the mods or anyone else starts accusing me of 'moaning'.

Yep, actually i think summer is over because its going to be too hot. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yes a bit of a dissapointment considering the anticipation - it didn't amount to much other than a few rumbles and a couple of flashes here - that low cloud wrecked our chances.

I'm doubtful anything will get going this evening.

I'm off to Austria next Wednesday. Is Austria known for storms? Am I likely to see something proper over there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Yes a bit of a dissapointment considering the anticipation - it didn't amount to much other than a few rumbles and a couple of flashes here - that low cloud wrecked our chances.

I'm off to Austria next Wednesday. Is Austria known for storms? Am I likely to see something proper over there?

Sods law says we will have loads while your away :doh:

Definitely I'd say. Central and Eastern Europe is very unstable at present with large thunderstorms kicking off in the mornings and organising in the afternoon. Enjoy it

Posted
Good Afternoon All.

Not been on for ages, but things starting up here so thought id post my two penny.

Cracking thunder has just started here over the RAF base in Henlow, (Herts / Beds), really loud and deep rolling cracks of thunder, no rain and no lightning that I have seen sofar.

OMG!!!

Bl**DY NORA, Almighty crack, and the power went off!

Sorry about that, quick change of underpants needed their!

My god, not heard thunder like that before!! That must of been right over the top, and i think their is lightning, just cant see it, because power went out, and about 5 seconds later, a huge crack of thunder went off!

Cant see anything on IOW lightning tracker though?

Mad though, quite bright skies and its not raining....

Haven't heard anything here. Just been dull all day. A bit of brightness edging slowly over now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
Sods law says we will have loads while your away :doh:

Yeah I thought that too! Wednesday itself looks very good :lol:

Definitely I'd say. Central and Eastern Europe is very unstable at present with large thunderstorms kicking off in the mornings and organising in the afternoon. Enjoy it

I definitely hope so. If there are decent storms over there it would make up for missing some back home...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Though the rainband is steadily weakening, I'm expecting further storms to pop up within the next 2 hours or so and move WNW. Failing that, the rainband will die out and I'll get some light rain. (Kind of hoping the former expectation will come to fruition).

No, apparantly it was visible miles to the NW and to the S/SW overnight but I didn't see any despite looking out for an hour or so around 02.00-03.00!

I saw quite a few distant flashes towards Bath. Earth Song is even more powerful when seeing some sky light up like that! Shame that was it though.

Posted

well Im going to beat it....

all over for here for tonight.....tomorrow looks good for some storms for us Storm Starved midlanders

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

llooking at www.sat24.com there seems to be a coud mass edging its was NW towards the Manceshter area! stormy? Hope so its been very warm and muggy here at times.

potential anyone?

Posted
I saw quite a few distant flashes towards Bath. Earth Song is even more powerful when seeing some sky light up like that! Shame that was it though.

Same i also saw distant blue flashes but by 2am it died.

I also saw pink lightening to my SW at around 10pm.

Edited by weathercoxy

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Rather large clouds to my west towering upwards , anything from west kent?

Posted

Yes they passed to the east of my location here, now to my north east. Looked like it was increasing in size and intensity. Will be interesting to see what happens with this. Not much lightning.

A couple of cells have just popped up here in Herts, heard a couple of very distant rumbles of thunder.

Posted
A couple of cells have just popped up here in Herts, heard a couple of very distant rumbles of thunder.

Im in stevenage Tommyd1258. Where are the cells at the moment mate? Any chance of them coming in my direction?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
well Im going to beat it....

all over for here for tonight.....tomorrow looks good for some storms for us Storm Starved midlanders

Only light showers forecast so i dont think much will happen tomorrow really despite good storm conditions. You never know though with thunderstorms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Was it just me or was today pretty pathetic after the hype? I was expecting 1 storm here at least, instead we got about 20 minutes of rain at 3pm and then it moved away and that was it. Not even a rumble of thunder accompanied it, absolute let-down after the hype this morning about what was to come for the Midlands this afternoon.

Posted
Was it just me or was today pretty pathetic after the hype? I was expecting 1 storm here at least, instead we got about 20 minutes of rain at 3pm and then it moved away and that was it. Not even a rumble of thunder accompanied it, absolute let-down after the hype this morning about what was to come for the Midlands this afternoon.

the truth is we rarely get the right set ups here in the UK.....Saying that some places last night got a really good show of storms........I think no one anticipated the cloud cover which killed the potentail.....

We have the hot temperatures to look forward to next week which hopefully yet again will bring a threat :doh: