Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted
hmm...distant thunder heard to my south, I really hope this storm stops flirting with me ( SkirtFlasher) and decides to move its backside about 10 miles north!

That will be the storm here :lol:

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

SW Bowland. 12 miles NE of Preston.

Thunder heard just to southeast of here about 30 mins ago. Perhaps Blackburn way. May have been some earlier but I had fallen asleep in chair while watching tennis. It's one of those heavy eyelid days,. A bit of faint drizzle now and they were still shaking the meadow hay till about 10 mins ago. Black clouds all round, thiough somewhat lighter to SW. Still and hunid and midgy out there. Temp fallen back to 21C.

Posted

Loads of sirens going on around me.. not surprised with the bolts ive seen.. its now just constant thunder after thunder now.. its great to whitness this one grow from small to huge. :lol: and develope into something incredible.

Posted

I can see a beautiful mature CB to my north (probably over south london) that's gone up within the last half an hour or so! Dry and sunny here, too far south unfortunately!

Posted

I seem to be on the edge of a storm here in Bexleyheath - probably the one Nanu can see. Lots of distant rumbles, and a couple of flashes of lightening seen in the distance :lol:

Posted

Just had a torrential downpour from this cell, flooded the drains and turned my back garden into a river :lol: , thunder and lightning as well.

Post a vid shortly.

zirs01.jpg

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

SW Bowland. Ah. Proper rain now. Shan't need to water garden tonight. Sorry for the haymakers though.

Posted
Loads of sirens going on around me.. not surprised with the bolts ive seen.. its now just constant thunder after thunder now.. its great to whitness this one grow from small to huge. :lol: and develope into something incredible.

Yes.

TT scores have gone about 50 which is a milestone for the forecast of storms and what they will do. As a rule of thumb, so can be right or wrong, less than 50 and severe storms unlikely, more than 50 then, say, 30% of storms that form will be severe - so still scattered but worth taking notice.

Take care peeps - especially in Cambridgshire; I suspect that cell over N London is going your way and it's moving into an atmosphere primed for extra intensity.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

Cg lightning spotted - who ever is under this storm is getting a right hammering!

Posted

Does anyone know what direction these are headed, i think i can currently see three cells, one towards maidstone, one over south london and the other over sutton i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

I have lightning to my west... and some loud crashe and bangs :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just had a torrential downpour from this cell, flooded the drains and turned my back garden into a river :D , thunder and lightning as well.

Post a vid shortly.

zirs01.jpg

yep, look forward to that Tom.....storm heading towards Pattingham/Albrighton/Telford...will miss me by a 'cats whisker' by the look of it :doh:

Posted

We've had some good flashes of lightning and some light rain. Storm seems to be moving off northwards now, can still hear the thunder.

Posted

We have had a Thunderstorm or two since 4.15. The rain was initially very heavy but less so now. However the lightning and Thunder have been relentless. Also very LOUD.

We used to tell the kids it was God moving his furniture. I think he is moving House this afternoon.

Got an A grade headache too. :doh:

Posted
Does anyone know what direction these are headed, i think i can currently see three cells, one towards maidstone, one over south london and the other over sutton i think.

LOL I can tell you there is nothing over Sutton but blue sky :doh:

SS

Posted

New development going up over lee/sidcup way east of me.. cloud getting darker and more organised..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This Storm has lasted a good hour now. Brill!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
yep, look forward to that Tom.....storm heading towards Pattingham/Albrighton/Telford...will miss me by a 'cats whisker' by the look of it :doh:

Whsiker for you, a fag paper width for me.

I can hear faint rumbles but god damn it, telford is going to get it again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im annoyed that the rainfall has gone right round here!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Afternoon all. Just a quick report from NE Wales. Had a relatively cool day with some light rain around lunchtime and overcast skies all day. It is just starting to break up now with intermittent sunshine, with clear skies to the North. With the direction of the storms being WNW something forming east of me would be nice, but it all seems either North (line of cells from Manchester into Cumbria) or South (that rather potent cells just W of B'Ham). A storm later would be pleasant, but today hasn't had that humid oppressive feel to it that I expected, therefore I don't think it's wise to get my hopes up for the remainder of today.

Posted

Posting from the iPhone now as have disconnected everything. Loud booms of thunder have started. Coming from the north now.Stay safe everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

are these storms heading west???

Posted

I thought there was a separate thread for moaning-seems I'm mistaken

some of you for heavens sake read what you post before you post it then perhaps, just perhaps, you might decide not to post.

How on earth anyone is supposed to keep track of what is going on with some of the posts in here is beyond me.

There is a thread for reporting storms-NOT on here

there is a thread for moaning - NOT on here

Edited by johnholmes