Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted
Has the storm over London changed direction? Seems to be getting closer again. Back-building?

Something seems to be happening - the storm that was over Lewisham way earlier that Bexleyheath was just on the outskirts of seems to be getting closer again :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

After numerous unsuccessful occasions last week, surely this time we will get somthing. The band of showers which stretch right across NW England are moving slowly westward. Fingers crossed for me, again!

Posted
I can now see two stunners, tried setting up the webcam but it's too bright outside. I don't know if it's wishful thinking but i think it's moving toward me.

you maybe right.. was clear blue sky over your way 20mins ago now its a load of dark base's forming.. this storm is still growing, :o and causing development all around elsewhere.. wimbledon will probably see the roof come on if it does keep up.. thunder is starting to get louder again

Posted

Wow, rain here is torrential. It's almost pitch black outside and crashes of thunder everywhere. This cell (multicell?) has done an about turn and is reversing with twice the energy it had earlier. Quite impressive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The M4 corridor convergence prediction by VP, Nick_F is certainly coming to pass now, big cells over the West London conurbation & further westwards with discrete cells towards Reading & Newbury, I guess these storms will last an considerable time, as they've only recently spawned

Posted

This is my view of the storm over Bexley. (Well I think it is anyway.)

post-9924-1246123338_thumb.jpg

Edited by YokTok

Posted

Hmmmmmm........ Very strange.

Have been having these deep regular rumbles of thunder now for quite a while clearly coming from one area of activity, But this area has not moved at all really, But now we have those large raindrops you get with storms sometimes.

Edited by saint

Posted

Deep rumbles of thunder every minute, on the southern horizon. Doesn't look that threatening on the radar, but it's definitely getting closer and louder! Very frequent thunder now!

Posted
Its a rather grey line where you post isnt it??......I think the gist of it is that this thread, during stormy periods is full of 'will it, wont it?, where' posts which just clutter up the thread rapidly and make thread-viewing difficult, not an easy one to sort out!

Thats the problem, just posted on the other thread and was the only person on there. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

the storm is definately getting closer again :o

Edited by MikeStanton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

OMG ABSOLUTE AND UTTER ONSLAUGHT!! HAVE A FEW PICS AND 1 or 2 VIDS.

Been raining and Pea-small marble size hailing, torrential for the last 30 minutes or so, seen at least over 20 lightning strikes, very loud thunder right above me and the road and front garden are completely flooded, puddles everywhere, some of the heaviest precipitation i've seen in years.

FIRST BIG STORM OF 2009 (well in about 3 years), JUNE 27 - UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted
The M4 corridor convergence prediction by VP, Nick_F is certainly coming to pass now, big cells over the West London conurbation & further westwards with discrete cells towards Reading & Newbury, I guess these storms will last an considerable time, as they've only recently spawned

AJ this is a long shot.........but what do you think of them cells further east making across here later tonight....seeing there heading t his direcxtion.

a long shot but the met office do say lasting well into the evening

Posted

Been raining and Pea-small marble size hailing, torrential for the last 30 minutes or so, seen at least over 20 lightning strikes, very loud thunder right above me and the road and front garden are completely flooded, puddles everywhere, some of the heaviest precipitation i've seen in years.

Can't wait to see those pics/vids. I think I can hear your thunder from here! :o

EDIT: Bloody hell, just seen an incredible CG strike, 3 bolts in one!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Yay rumbles have started again and its really getting dark. Lightning just spotted just now too :o

Posted
Deep rumbles of thunder every minute, on the southern horizon. Doesn't look that threatening on the radar, but it's definitely getting closer and louder! Very frequent thunder now!

Yep same here, But thunder about every 30 secs here, no Lightning, But some very large drops of rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms
Yay rumbles have started again and its really getting dark. Lightning just spotted just now too :o

Yes its getting very dark here also.....

Posted

Where exactly are you UKSupercell? Not a dicky bird in Marlow, but looking on the radar we are just missing something. The storm shield is fully functional as usual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
AJ this is a long shot.........but what do you think of them cells further east making across here later tonight....seeing there heading t his direcxtion.

a long shot but the met office do say lasting well into the evening

A good chance Pat, as reported on here, confirmed by radar, there's quite a few potent storms firing over the home counties, quite late in the day, I might add....its nice to see today, a nice smattering of storms, rather than just one area :o

Another April 15th per chance for us brummies??

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow
Where exactly are you UKSupercell? Not a dicky bird in Marlow, but looking on the radar we are just missing something. The storm shield is fully functional as usual!

I'm in Beaconsfield mate, south Bucks.