Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion 27th June >>

Ross B

Posted

Well. Sun poking out again. What looked and possibly MCS now sheared west of me. Looking at situation and loud cracks of thunder, yet not right above me, do I declare this another day of a thunderstorm? I will probably do just for the fact that I was outside with my camera and see my Mum jump up out of her seat with one massive crack of thunder, even if the Cb anvil (See last pic in other thread!) was just slightly overhead.

More pics, and backbuilding I think...

But the night is young, and that lot over London in a NW trajectory... Who knows? :o

Phil.

post-8209-1246123796_thumb.jpg

post-8209-1246123873_thumb.jpg

Posted

35mm and rising fast. Near-constant lightning etc. continues

This storm is going nowhere

Edited by Timmead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

I have giant raindrops and the sky is gone a scarey creamy colour and some lightining

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Well. Sun poking out again. What looked and possibly MCS now sheared west of me. Looking at situation and loud cracks of thunder, yet not right above me, do I declare this another day of a thunderstorm? I will probably do just for the fact that I was outside with my camera and see my Mum jump up out of her seat with one massive crack of thunder, even if the Cb anvil (See last pic in other thread!) was just slightly overhead.

More pics, and backbuilding I think...

But the night is young, and that lot over London in a NW trajectory... Who knows? :)

Phil.

See my post just above yours Phil, another April 15th might be beckoning?...probably not, but damnit! I live in hope...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Hmm I dunno but this cell passing NW of me seems to have a nice flanking line of smaller CU feeding into the updraft.

Yet the radar is showing that its dying? Backbuilding perhaps?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Just been contacted by a family friend in rainham,essex that the weather is really bad , as some of my family is going up that way today

:):) :o :o

Posted

Sadly I have to drag myself away from the radar to get ready for a party later. Fingers crossed this storm gets closer (and even better be right over Shooters Hill, as thats where I will be in an hour :) )

Posted

There have been NO weather warnings from the bbc met regarding these storm developments..

A damn joke , they issue these warnings when storms are hardly severe yet when they are bad they don't issue them..

THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED!

Posted

Haha They Just pointed the camera towards the storms at wimbledon and caught a CG, nice timing. :)

Feels so muggy out atm, storm that we had about an hour ago has slowly died down now to my NW.

Heres a short vid of the rain, that created a small river down the steps in my back garden :o :o

View My Video

Edited by tom_f123

Posted
Haha They Just pointed the camera towards the storms at wimbledon and caught a CG, nice timing. :)

Feels so muggy out atm, storm that we had about an hour ago has slowly died down now to my NW.

Heres a short vid of the rain, that created a small river down the steps in my back garden :o

View My Video

your kidding me is that your garden

thx AJ...we await fr the possible showdown..............at least the easteners are breeding them for us for a change :o

Posted

The line between the towers over London seems to be just passing over here, can see some patches of blue sky between the blackness that is north and south of me. Low rumbles of thunder coming from both north and south.

Posted
AJ this is a long shot.........but what do you think of them cells further east making across here later tonight....seeing there heading t his direcxtion.

a long shot but the met office do say lasting well into the evening

yep! I AM ASKING THIS SAME QUESTION MYSELF!

can someone here enlighten us pleeeaaaase :)

Posted

New STorm developing in NW Kent nr Sevenoaks

Posted

Hi

Well rarely I'm confused lol !!! I'm sitting in my garden under what is clearly the eastern edge of the anvil. The thing is I've been expecting it to encroach from the west bu it seems to not be moving at all, where is it heading. the anvil is moving from west to east, but is the track the storm is taking? I suppose what really want to know is am I gonna get battered? Hope so.

Can anyone assist?

Thunder distant to the west ATM

Posted

It's getting even darker here now, This storm(ish) Definalty seems to be getting bigger and moving this way ever so slightly, we still have the Thunder and the large drops of rain are back.

Posted
There have been NO weather warnings from the bbc met regarding these storm developments..

A damn joke , they issue these warnings when storms are hardly severe yet when they are bad they don't issue them..

THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED!

But the met office have got warnings out, not sure what the beeb is saying but normally if the met have got warning the beeb airs them.

Isolated heavy thunderstorms are likely to develop this afternoon and may last into the evening. Some very heavy rain is expected with 20-30 mm within 3 hours but possibly in excess of 40 mm locally.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Posted

For the first time there appears to be rapid movement, cloud moving over me at a fair rate of knots and it's ink blank but I've heard nothing as of yet. Has there been a sudden wind shift as there has been no movement here for atleast a hour and even whilst writing this it's shifting at a fair rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

getting closer and closer..... wind picked up giant rain drops loud thunder woo hoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
yep! I AM ASKING THIS SAME QUESTION MYSELF!

can someone here enlighten us pleeeaaaase :)

I tried...I asked God, and he said 'Have another Bicardi'!!...no help there....lol.....anyhoos here's a radar grab...a nice cell heading up through Oxon in our direction...

post-4149-1246124602_thumb.png