Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted

Was 400 meters high camping up The Wrekin last night and saw some lightning plus heard distant thunder shortly before a wall of mist came and visibility dropped to 100 meters for the rest of the night.

Back here in Telford got no lower than 16.2c overnight and now 19.6c with the low cloud burning off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Grey once again with no sign of any sunshine yet. A warm night with a min of 18.6c now 18.8c. Be nice to get at least *some* sunshine with warmth this weekend instead of just warmth!

Seems more holes in the cloud today on satellite picture so fingers crossed.

Posted

Just clouded over completely in the last 30mins or so, some hazy breaks here and there but the complete blue skies have gone. Currently 21.3c which is 1.5c less than my previous post just under an hour ago.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Today’s conditions and Readings @ 09:00 GMT:

It has been another very warm night, minimum only 15.8c. Misty and overcast to begin with, a few bright patches appearing around the observation.

Sky: 8 Oktas, Stratus.

Temperature: 17.7°C

Wind Direction: Force 1 E

Humidity: 92%

Barometer: 1015mb steady.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 22.1°C

Minimum temperature: 15.2°C

Minimum temperature on grass: 12.0°C

Rainfall total: trace mm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday:

It has been a very warm and muggy night, minimum temperature 16.0c, the warmest since 30th August last year (18.1c) The day dawned misty, overcast and dull. Overcast and almost calm conditions continued, though it was bright for a good part of the day with the suns disc visible through a thick sheet of Cirrostratus. There were a few spots of rain towards the end of the afternoon. Feeling very warm and humid, maximum temperature 22.1c.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

cnt beleive it its 23c already obiously some faun effect is in this as we are up with london etc which was not supposed to hapen.

Posted

Hazy sunshine.

Current temperature 23.5ºc

Humidity 69%

Pressure 1014.6hPa

Average windspeed 1.6mph

Maximum gust speed 3.1mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 0.0mm

Posted

It's pleasantly warm at 21.8c with 66% humidity but disappointingly cloudy with only hazy sunny spells while the sky is much clearer to the NE. Very disturbed cloud too with swirling Altocumulus drifting NNW, presumably there's a front around given the band of rain to the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

More humid today, as we are dragging up more humid air from the south. 21C mostly cloudy

Posted
cnt beleive it its 23c already obiously some faun effect is in this as we are up with london etc which was not supposed to hapen.

Up with London.......Heathrow reported 23c back at 10am, it's now 25c there....

Posted

ugh you knw wot i mean, we werent supposed to be any where near london at all today.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 18c

Outdoor humidity 70%

Pressure 1017mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 10mph

Cloud Height 2010ft

Wet Bulb 16c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 30mm

Dew Point 14c

Wind Chill 17c

Weather Partly cloudy sunny dry bright

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

I am surprised by the heat, how is the sun managing to convect all that water and it to be hot?! no thunderstorms today but it will certain be producing some for somewhere else over the next few days.

It's currently 25.5C in (im near heathrow area) yet the forecast max was 24C @ 1 o'clock :wub:

I think because not everyone got the thunderstorms it's still hot today, i was sort of on the edge of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Another warm day,Partly cloudy

Temp 23.1c

Humidity 67%

Dewpoint 16.6c

Posted
ugh you knw wot i mean, we werent supposed to be any where near london at all today.

Id seriously be checking the accuracy and/or position of your sensor. The top temperature in Northern Ireland just 20 minutes before you posted was 19.5C and your temperatures seem to be consistently too high.

For the first time in two days the sun is making an appearance. Last night was again overcast and foggy. Currently around 18C here at work and feeling quite humid.

Edited by reef

Posted

i dnt mean to be mean but actually at the time i posted the top temp in ni was 22c to be presice , but with all this the temperature in my area is 23c still , and i can assure that my thermometre is correct.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

It's still dull and misty here and this weather pattern is very boring :wub:

not even a glimpse of the sun with the temp at 20c

Posted

We have had much cloud cover so far today with a few bursts of sunshine. Unlike yesterday when once again we missed out on the showers I feel we have a far greater chance of seeing some this afternoon and evening. The cloud looks much more ominious, humidity levels are higher than yesterday aswell.

Still we have done very well lately having had no rain since the 21st.

The cloud cover will prevent temps geting much above 23 possibly 24 degrees at best, still very good for this part of the country but nothing special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Finally some sunshine is now beginning to appear! Temps are rising too now 19.8c. It's been so static this last day or so my temperature graph looks very jagged as the scale only runs 17.5c to 21.5c for both in & outdoor temperatures:

post-94-1246189888_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Sun is finally out now, much earlier than yesterday. Hopefully this will kickstart some tasty convection.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I notice the weather station just south of Buxton at Brierlow Bar is currently showing 22.6c, presumably the cloud must have burned off there and the sun is out which is a hopeful sign for potential storms later.

The sun is desperately trying to show through the stratus here but hasn't made it to more than a dim lightbulb glow so far.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sun trying to get out after a dull misty damp morning. Temp up to 18.6C heatwave lol humidity wave more like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

22c here feeling very muggy aswell with 76% humidity, to my north a taxt book thunderstorm developing towering cunimbo clouds bring it on !!!

22c here feeling very muggy aswell with 76% humidity, to my north a taxt book thunderstorm developing towering cunimbo clouds bring it on !!!

Posted
Finally some sunshine is now beginning to appear! Temps are rising too now 19.8c. It's been so static this last day or so my temperature graph looks very jagged as the scale only runs 17.5c to 21.5c for both in & outdoor temperatures:

post-94-1246189888_thumb.jpg

17C dewpoint throughout also, a bit too sticky for me!

I remember you saying you get quite an UHI effect where you live but a min of 18.6C is amazing. Not bad for that beer in the garden late on though. We experience similar here in winter as we're next to water, but in summer if anything it has the opposite effect as a cooling breeze.

The sunshine tried to make an appearence earlier but seems to be struggling. Currently 18C here at work. Cant seem to access my station at home for some reason so no idea what temperature it is there.