Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Morning Dogs32

i like the time lapse , well done

thanks guys.....good morning Nigel.looks good for you up there this week so I dont think you lot are going to be left out....

just hope the charts stay constant throughout..what more can you ask for lovely temps.lots of sun.and Storms :wub:

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Morning MCT

its looking good for Tuesday around the North East {wishful thinking}

post-4475-1246187295_thumb.png

post-4475-1246187311_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Did you get yesterdays sotrm nick?

Nope! It was literally a few miles south of me, I am sure you know the frustration! I looked at the NW radar accumulation, and just a nudge south it was a soaking, here it was bone dry. My grandad in Birmingham said it was quite bad. Still plenty of oppurtunities this week though hopefully!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Towers are repidly puffing up like little atom bombs then falling apart - certainly warm/hot, more so than yesterday! Humidity up higher definitely too - another day plane spotting I think :wub: haha!...while also keeping a very close eye on the clouds too!

Really wouldnt surprise me if we get a rogue downpour or two, certainly would be nice at any rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Great video dogs! I love time lapses.

Here in Jarrow, Tyne and Wear the cloud is breaking but maybe too close to the coast here for any chance of storms.

Heading home soon though so hopefully a chance there, I might have a drive further west later if I need to.

Nigel, certainly looks like an interesting week, just hope any action is after 5pm or I won't see much at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Nope! It was literally a few miles south of me, I am sure you know the frustration! I looked at the NW radar accumulation, and just a nudge south it was a soaking, here it was bone dry. My grandad in Birmingham said it was quite bad. Still plenty of oppurtunities this week though hopefully!

It was certainly localised. The Thunder was that loud i thought it would be heard for a good few miles!

Posted
Great video dogs! I love time lapses.

Here in Jarrow, Tyne and Wear the cloud is breaking but maybe too close to the coast here for any chance of storms.

Heading home soon though so hopefully a chance there, I might have a drive further west later if I need to.

Morning Mark

from where you are at the moment , i would head South towards middlesbrough

post-4475-1246187649_thumb.png

Posted
don't expect storms here until Friday mate - just hot and sticky! :)

Thats ok, as long as Fridays storm is in the evening and not during the day otherwise I'll be running around my delivery, thats if I don't collapse with heat exhaustion during the week. :wub:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Not much happening here today or tomorrow, but Tuesday onwards looks fantastic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

hhm big downgrade for me storm risk for most days over the heatwave gone down to 0% taking the place of many period days with 50-60% and one 80%. :wub:

Still things chop & change. Today looks better than i thought it would be though after yesterdays T-Storms which were actually mostly rain for me because i was on the S edge. :)

Still it IS hot. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

There are some absolutely huge towering clouds across the hill here,I've never seen them so big.

twister05 can you see them?

Posted

Looks like something has sparked off just south of Manchester, either that or anaprop. And Mr Crazy Snowfan is posting by the looks of it!

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

:lol: Yesterday evening arounds 7 o cloks Lootons is had worst electric storms in long times. first of alls black clods is covering sky on one sides and sweepings overs and it is was very hots and humids like hells.

Then nasty black clods is come overs and spits of rains is fallings and wind is pickings ups and the me is run insides and shut all the me's windows and doors . It is looks as ifs tornado is will forms any minutes and the me is was scared sheeets!

Then loud rumbly bang booms of thunder is starteds and lightening is flashings and hail stones is fells in massive round balls hoppings all over the me's gardens and banging mr gnomes heads. triple quadruple flashings fork lightenings and thunders is crashing downs and the me is was so frightened the me is run into wardrobes and not comes out till storm is passed after very long times. very slow moving storm and is lasted for hours. the me hopes Lootons is not gets it agains, the me is was very frigtened and forgot to brings doggy broadis ins and he is got frazzeled by lightenings and now ins doggy hospitals in intensive cares. very bad evenings yesterday and very bad storms indeedly torrentials!

hellos nicksy wicksy! no more storms the me is hopes for lootons pleeeeeze!! the me is will dies of heart atticks! :doh:

Posted

Shower gone up SE of Manchester, very humid, but unlike yesterday, sunny and still.

Posted
:lol: Yesterday evening arounds 7 o cloks Lootons is had worst electric storms in long times. first of alls black clods is covering sky on one sides and sweepings overs and it is was very hots and humids like hells.

Then nasty black clods is come overs and spits of rains is fallings and wind is pickings ups and the me is run insides and shut all the me's windows and doors . It is looks as ifs tornado is will forms any minutes and the me is was scared sheeets!

Then loud rumbly bang booms of thunder is starteds and lightening is flashings and hail stones is fells in massive round balls hoppings all over the me's gardens and banging mr gnomes heads. triple quadruple flashings fork lightenings and thunders is crashing downs and the me is was so frightened the me is run into wardrobes and not comes out till storm is passed after very long times. very slow moving storm and is lasted for hours. the me hopes Lootons is not gets it agains, the me is was very frigtened and forgot to brings doggy broadis ins and he is got frazzeled by lightenings and now ins doggy hospitals in intensive cares. very bad evenings yesterday and very bad storms indeedly torrentials!

hellos nicksy wicksy! no more storms the me is hopes for lootons pleeeeeze!! the me is will dies of heart atticks! :doh:

Did white "snow" drop on your garden?

Posted

Hello Mr Crazy Snowfan! Wow that does sound bad, hope your doggy is alright! Next time you have a nasty storm send it up here, I will gladly have it! :D

Posted

HAHA welcomer back Crazy Snowfan, good to see you mate, hope Lootons is ok after that storm?

Not much happening here, the sun has broken through but not much convection taking place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

metoffice radar showing some strong echoes in the southwest, anybody down that way??

Posted

good evenings cyclonics! lootons is very wells and sunny's todays but the me is just seen bbc weather forecasts and Tobins is said we is got thumpings thunderstorm agains today!!!! :doh:

Posted

SE of Mancs shower is intensifiying, and others are popping up around it, but not moving anywhere

Posted
SE of Mancs shower is intensifiying, and others are popping up around it, but not moving anywhere

That is what is making me slightly unconvinced. It is either anaprop or a very heavy and very slow moving storm, which will cause a few problems for those underneath it! Whatever it is, it is growing and others are starting to pop up around it.

Edit: It seems to be heading north, albeit very slowly.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
metoffice radar showing some strong echoes in the southwest, anybody down that way??

Mostly dynamic (slow) uplift along a set of fronts moving in from the SW, air is therefore too stable down there for any sorms to be likely.

Posted

Anoprop usually produces random echoes, where as these showers are light round the endge and intense at the middle. I can understand their lack of movement too, it's very still, but air is moving now, probably as convection really kicks in. Will listen out for thunder.

EDIT: I am just NW of Manchester on the NW radar (M45/M25)

Edited by Dazmaster75