Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Sky looking increasingly dark towards London way too!??

I know it can be deceptive on hazy skies where clouds cast dark shadows on each other, but its looking slightly more promising :D

Dark again to the North of me not as bad as yesterday seems to be building up again all around it is just a matter of waiting temp recording at 28 does not feel that warm but the humidity is very high it is like a jungle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Pat, dont get Andy started on the 'midlands' thing again... :D

Yep, the radar is coming to life now, Salops & South Brum...Surface winds are SEerly, mid-level winds are SW'erly so would expect cells to drift NEwards but build to their north/north west, if that makes any sense!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
http://www.blitzortung.de/TOA/Webpages/ind...ap=0〈=e

could be worth keeping an eye on next couple of hours :)

Cheers bud, don't think it will be needed for me though, the storm shield is solid as a rock here :D

LOL AJpoolshark, yes don't get me started :D

Posted
Pat, dont get Andy started on the 'midlands' thing again... :D

Yep, the radar is coming to life now, Salops & South Brum...Surface winds are SEerly, mid-level winds are SW'erly so would expect cells to drift NEwards but build to their north/north west, if that makes any sense!

laughing.......The MetOffice cant make up there mind how far the Midlands stretches..

I dont know if this will come to any thing but we have now small showers breaking out further South West towards Bristol....

If that's the case.

And they get there act together I might be in with a chance :D

only small at present

Edited by dogs32

Posted
laughing.......The MetOffice cant make up there mind how far the Midlands stretches..

I dont know if this will come to any thing but we have now small showers breaking out further South West towards Bristol....

If that the case and the get there act together I might be in with a chance :)

I'll tell you how far it stretches if you like :D

Birmingham across to Rutland then down to Northants and up to Derby/Nottingham. Anywhere out of that is no mans land :D

Posted

There was a rather heavy shower to the south/south west of here which formed about half an hour ago but it seems to be staying west and fizzling out again now as high cloud from the weather front takes over.

Temperature is hovering around 22.4c

Edited by conor123

Posted

I've been sat out the back watching the convection for the last half hour and although intense, none of them are holding up for long, but when one of them does..

I just watched a huge TCU grow almost in to a small CB before collapsing suddenly, quite spectacular actually as it looked like a nuclear explosion for a time with what appeared to be a rain / hail shaft coming out of its huge cauliflower top as it dissipated.

Posted

Hey Dogs, there do seem to be some showers developing around this area, hopefully they will develop more :)

Posted
Dark again to the North of me not as bad as yesterday seems to be building up again all around it is just a matter of waiting temp recording at 28 does not feel that warm but the humidity is very high it is like a jungle

Chloe PLEASE put your nearest town in your avatar then we all know what you weather is and where

thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Absolutely no activity here at the moment, so looks like another no-show for us. Some blue sky showing but mostly overcast and temp only at 21 or 22

Posted
Hey Dogs, there do seem to be some showers developing around this area, hopefully they will develop more :)

yes there is a small shower just to the north of us.....There is some good convection around here at present..

But on radar it looks like the action is further North :) ...just have to wait and see what this afternoon produces

Posted

Very intense cell developing South of Birmingham, around 80mm an hour in the centre of it, doesen't seem to be moving much though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still the customary towers rising up and down here - very very warm and sultry now - almost horrid really!!

Still, a low flying Virgin Atlantic 747 flanked with red arrows, at about 2-300ft straight over the garden is keeping me hooked on the sky :)

Weather09, surely your luck will be in today??

Very potent looking cell about the bang on the doors of Manchester by the looks of it!

Edited by Harry

Cloud persisting here and what few gaps there are zero convection bar the fluffy stuff. Temps not doing a lot 20.3C at the moment. Depending on someones elses left overs m'laud.

Yes it's frustrating really; if we get a decent spell of sunshine then there is every chance a shower/storm could develop. This cloud that is plaguing us every morning is irritating, as there is real convective potential waiting to be tapped into.

NW England has been doing better for storms simply because they clear any low cloud much quicker. We are the wrong side of the Pennines in the current setup.

Hopefully, with the REAL potential awaiting us all next week, we will lose the cloudy mornings :)

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
Yes it's frustrating really; if we get a decent spell of sunshine then there is every chance a shower/storm could develop. This cloud that is plaguing us every morning is irritating, as there is real convective potential waiting to be tapped into.

NW England has been doing better for storms simply because they clear any low cloud much quicker. We are the wrong side of the Pennines in the current setup.

Hopefully, with the REAL potential awaiting us all next week, we will lose the cloudy mornings :)

Yup plenty of sun to the north west of me. Grrrr. Too be honest can't complain had three weak storms already this year which probably beats last years pathetic attempts. We're over due a beauty. This year perhaps eh???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Yep, clear in Coventry, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Northampton :)

I forgot we dont live in the Midlands. :)

Convection is pretty good now so i would expect quite a few showers to get going soon with storms also begining a little later.

Posted

It seems fairly hazy here, a good amount of cloud around but as of yet no convection is taking off.

Just a milky looking sky with gaps in the cloud now and again.

Edited by MetWX

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

NW storm risk has 20% for London, 40% for NW Kent, for today. Monday through Thursday is 0% - this is going to be oppressive! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Absolutely teeming it down here! :) and it looks like its just intensifying on top of us on the radar and not going anywhere fast! No thunder and lightning however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Met Office just now updated their warning to include NE England :)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ne/...t_warnings.html

Some glimpses of sun now so hopefully the cloud will continue to break and temps rise.

Posted

I don`t think much will happen around here today looking now it looked reasonble an hour ago,there is some patchy cirrostratus heading this way but theres still some blue skies also to the SW.

Wind has now turned back to the east which is the only good thing aswell as 1 TCU to the west which looks like a small shower moving north,it even feels less humid now.

OK brighter skies are finally making there way here. Hopefully not too late either :) Good cumulus development to my WSW, but I shall be looking southwards...

Posted

Seems like some action N of London aswell as the cell over Birmingham.

As I said earlier the clear slot you see on the Sat pics between E Anglia/Midlands is where the action is going to take place over the next few hrs.