Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted

Just a quick Question to anyone in the No Storms Club that is desperate to see some Storms.

Have you thought of nipping down to Majorca next Monday and Tuesday as there looks like there will be some Serious Action with Damaging Thunderstorms being predicted once again from the Costa Blance across to the Balearic Islands. Would you believe you can fly with SleazyJet (EasyJet) for little over £39 and 1 Nights accomodation and 2 days Car Hire would be relatively Cheap split 4 ways ??

Just an idea seeing as it looks like the Uk Storm Season is now dormant

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Oh Paul, as much as I would love to be able to do that, I can'tsad.gif

I am too scared to go on a Plane and I haven't a passport either.Lol

But if you and anybody else in the club does go, have a great timebiggrin.gif

and let us know how it all went.

I still can't believe the lack of storms here for my area this year.sad.gif

Edited by Jane Louise

Posted

Have you thought of nipping down to Majorca next Monday and Tuesday as there looks like there will be some Serious Action with Damaging Thunderstorms being predicted once again from the Costa Blance across to the Balearic Islands.

:p

Rtavn2411.png

Rtavn10211.png

In fact all the way through from now there seems to be a lot of activity down there. If I wasn't looking after work next week and could find 3 others, that would be tempting! Perhaps the 'No Storms Club' should have their annual meet week out in Spain? (I'm not sure if membership of the club means you have too experience nothing in the World, Europe or the UK :lol: )

Posted

Paul Im tempted to go for that Majorca trip....Depend's on some money issues next Monday..

Difficult one really....

will I get the money Monday or can I quickly escape for a few days?

very tempting...

I have also got to keep in mind money for USA..

Edited by dogs32

Posted

(I'm not sure if membership of the club means you have too experience nothing in the World, Europe or the UK unknw.gif )

Posted

The last storm here was way back on July 24th,but at least it went out with a bang.

3rd year in a row no thunder recorded in august not even 1 rumble.

Also 3 years since thundery showers in september and even october 2006 there was a thunderstorm.

Pattern emerging maybe. :mellow:

• 1 month later...
Posted

Oh well!! sadly I never got my storm today and the ones that were forecast for the past two months.cray.gif Cheltenhams storm shield will not let up. In all the 9 years I have lived here the first 7 years were great for storms, even had some really scary ones.. but not even a rumble of thunder nowadays. Nearly everyday I get my hopes up whenever I see a slight storm risk only for it to be shattered on the next GFS run.sad.gifcray.gif

I'm glad most of you have had your storms this year and I know there's still a couple of you left in the same boat as me. But LET'S be optimistic now for next yearsmile.gif as I'm sure us storm-starved will finally get our turn. lollaugh.gif

Posted

Jane if I didnt see the fantastic lightning in the USA this year I would be very depressed.....

We have Simon cowell to look forward to through this winter to take us through this non electric year in GLOS.....But at least we had the Atlatic Ocean here in July 2007....not many people have witnessed this sort of event in a life time..

so put your feet up :angry:

Posted

Yes, you are so lucky to witness the storms in the states and you have next year to look forward tosmile.gif ... Glos is so crap for stormswallbash.gif

I will look forward to seeing your videos of the storm chase next year as we defanitely wont see nothing here lol.

Who the hell is Simon Cowell ? lol

Posted

When Storms approach Norfolk they either stop and turn round or disappear completely. Oh for a decent Storm here. :)

I know the feeling. Exactly the same happens here grrrrr :(:):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

more of a summer thing this, I dont want storms now, I wanna see cold spells, frost, fog and snow

Posted

It still applies up until the end of Autumn for now( Hoping I may still get at least one storm by then lol)

I love storms and wild weather ,I don't like the cold winter weather.:cold:unless we get thundersnow lol