Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted

This No Storms Club... So good it deserved another thread. :doh:

And yep, I'm still here. Not sure if it's a permanent thing though as this week could be very interesting indeed for some. I think I'll even include the author and originator of this NSC, Jane Louise into the "I wanna see a storm!" :rolleyes: scenario. (Tuesday, Wednesday and possibly Friday I am thinking!)

Phil. (Goodnight. If you can sleep, best of luck. Currently 18.2ºc here! Great? NOT!!) :nonono:

Posted

The decrease of thunderstorm activity has been noted by the Isle of Wight weather site since 2007, see http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm the number of record strike days has tailed off since 2006 with only one day of note since then in June 2007. When I first looked at this site back in 2005 Lincolnshire and North Norfolk used to get regular pastings; even once high activity locations like Brittany are getting nothing these days :help:

Posted

Yeah i'm just down the roadm from andover and not even a rumble of thunder his year! :doh:

Posted
Whereabouts in scunny are you mate?

The polluted end! Just off Rowland Road towards the steelworks.

Awww, you're from Lincolnshire too :doh: you and sufc aren't having much luck there.Hope you see something this week. :lol:

I think the synoptics have to be just right to overcome the shield. It'll happen one day. Maybe not this month, or next :lol:

Posted
The polluted end! Just off Rowland Road towards the steelworks.

Not far from me then as im next to the Queensway pub on Ashby Road. Hopefully our luck will change later in the week

but im not confident B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Believe it or not but tonight I do Not want a storm lol :rolleyes: . I'm camping and it's too scary.I may wait until tomorrow to go back... lol

Someone from Glos too, hello!

Hopefully the storms will arrive soon, it's quite heavy out there now.

Hiya Faye, Welcome to Netweather and the no storms club. :p

Posted

Tic....Toc....still waiting so I thought I'd keep my eye out for something that might actually turn up B)

Thousands of Brits with a new 20p in their pockets could find themselves £50 richer after a mix-up at the Royal Mint.

15322560.jpg The coins were accidentally minted without a date

Around 200,000 of the coins have rocketed in value after the manufacturer admitted it had forgotten to put a date on them.

They are worth £50 if immediately returned, but are set to rise even further in value because of their rarity.

Nick Hart, of the London Mint Office, said: "If you hunt around and find one you're extremely lucky.

"Mistakes like this not only fascinate people but also have considerable value-increase significance."

Workers at the mint have been left with their tails between their legs after leaving the date stamp off the heads side of the coins.

The error occurred amid the production of a newly-designed 20p piece.

The London Mint Office is a private company with no conection to The Royal Mint, but they're offering lucky owners of the coins a chance to cash in.

They can to register their details at www.undated20p.com and then post the dateless coin back to claim a reward.

Mr Hart put an optimistic slant on the mint's "extremely rare error".

"(It) will certainly get the public looking at the coins in their pockets again and noticing the excellent new designs launched by the Royal Mint on our coinage," he said.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Just like to say I won't need to be commenting again in this group, well hopefully, depends if i'll see another storm this summer but on Saturday 27th June first storm it was, here in South Bucks, torrential rain, hail and flooding, along with 20 or so flashes of lightning directly above me.

Now for more storms please.

Edited by UKSupercell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just like to say I won't need to be commenting again in this group, well hopefully, depends if i'll see another storm this summer but on Saturday 27th June first storm it was, here in South Bucks, torrential rain, hail and flooding, along with 20 or so flashes of lightning directly above me.

Now for more storms please.

i can leave this now for June, still thundering now from 5.30, and raining

Posted
i can leave this now for June, still thundering now from 5.30, and raining

Wooo hooo Awww, you're so lucky :D Congratulations on being a non member of the NSC....but will you be back 2010 lol only time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Still/Hot or extremes. Fog/Damp etc boring...
Wooo hooo Awww, you're so lucky :D Congratulations on being a non member of the NSC....but will you be back 2010 lol only time will tell.

I doubt anyone can really make it through the year and see no lightning at all... So really by the end of the year there will be not one member in your club lol

Posted
I doubt anyone can really make it through the year and see no lightning at all... So really by the end of the year there will be not one member in your club lol

I do hope so lol including myself :D

Posted

lol, you need to get out and drive to find storms!! :D I did that with some of the NW team a couple of years ago in the UK. :)

Posted
lol, you need to get out and drive to find storms!! :) I did that with some of the NW team a couple of years ago in the UK. :)

I tried that before, and by the time we got there all the way to oxford the clouds flattened lol. :D

Posted

haha yeah expect a 90% failure rate, but when you get it right you may catch a pic like I did here:

edlightning.jpg

Posted
haha yeah expect a 90% failure rate, but when you get it right you may catch a pic like I did here:

edlightning.jpg

Excellent pic there.Well done!! I would love to be able to get a shot like that. I defanitely need more practise when it comes to storm chasing lol

Posted

I got loads that night, the one above freaked me out. I actually ran back to the car as it was so bright it scared the **** out of me hahaha.

heres another:

IMG_8902.jpg

Posted
I got loads that night, the one above freaked me out. I actually ran back to the car as it was so bright it scared the **** out of me hahaha.

heres another:

IMG_8902.jpg

Oh my !! nice one! cool.I've never seen lightning like that.

:lol: Nothing here yet again!! It's hot and sticky so i fancy a moan!

Don't blame you AL I feel the same way. :lol:

Posted

Arrgghh. All I ask for and want is a bloody STORM for once :(:cray:

It always looks so right,the convection is always great and then it disappears into blue skies. I give up :lol: :angry: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Too bloody hot, no bloody storms, cant bloody stand it

Storm soddingly bypassed me an hour and a bit ago....looked for all the world like a direct hit...sky was getting darker and darker to the South/South East...I hear the first rumble (yours truly thinks...THIS IS IT HERE WE GO)...but no...it decides to veer away from me at a rate of knots....so sadly...maddeningly...infuriatingly...my no storms club membership remains intact.

BUMMER :lol:

Posted
Arrgghh. All I ask for and want is a bloody STORM for once :(:cray:

It always looks so right,the convection is always great and then it disappears into blue skies. I give up :lol: :angry: :lol:

And not forgetting I came away from camping tonight because I was so sure we'd get a damn blinkin storm and I didn't want to be in a tent stuck in the middle of a field (not far from where an Oak tree was hit by lightning.) but as per usual they decided to avoid us again grrrrrrrrr :(

Posted

T'is dead around here. I can see the clouds, and have done for the past 3 hours. But they dont want to come to daddy (not even the ppn).

Edit - Sods law. I started to water the garden, only for it to start raining :lol: :)

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1