Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

As this is a "family" friendly weather site- no thunderstorms within a long country mile of Plymouth.

However hot and sticky it gets here like this evening, there is little chance of any flashing or banging taking place.

:lol: there goes the family image. :):)

Posted
I tried that before, and by the time we got there all the way to oxford the clouds flattened lol. :lol:

Lol ,Saturday i made a big mistake as a storm developed about ten or so miles north of me and i asked my two daughters along,as they are only young they dont make the best navigators,and after nearly killing several cyclists,half a dozen 'sorry mates',or 'that was close, dads' ,i lost the storm,or should i say ,sat on the top of a hill and watched it steam off towards the Dartford bridge,maybe in the wide open roads of the states or even the flat ground of East Anglia we might have had a chance,but with me looking up in the air ,trying to drive around twisting hedgerowed lanes of Kent im waiting for the next one to come to me[if ever] :lol:

Edited by TN9

Posted
Arrgghh. All I ask for and want is a bloody STORM for once :(:p

It always looks so right,the convection is always great and then it disappears into blue skies. I give up :wacko: :lol: :wallbash:

The frustration continues :lol: At least your in with a chance though. it's been weeks since it even rained

around here :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Lol ,Saturday i made a big mistake as a storm developed about ten or so miles north of me and i asked my two daughters along,as they are only young they dont make the best navigators,and after nearly killing several cyclists,half a dozen 'sorry mates',or 'that was close, dads' ,i lost the storm,or should i say ,sat on the top of a hill and watched it steam off towards the Dartford bridge,maybe in the wide open roads of the states or even the flat ground of East Anglia we might have had a chance,but with me looking up in the air ,trying to drive around twisting hedgerowed lanes of Kent im waiting for the next one to come to me[if ever] :)

Lol,it's really frustrating.Glad you're giving your daughters a taste of storm chasing lol.My two daughters,laugh at me and can't understand why I like storms lol.

Better luck next time eh! :)

The frustration continues :D At least your in with a chance though. it's been weeks since it even rained

around here :D

My chance never happened last night :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

;)

Lol,it's really frustrating.Glad you're giving your daughters a taste of storm chasing lol.My two daughters,laugh at me and can't understand why I like storms lol.

Better luck next time eh! :)

My chance never happened last night :(

I have just read a very ominous post on one of the other weather related forums basically saying that the chances of this hot humid spell going out with a bang have practically gone, and to expect nothing more than a gradual change to cooler fresher weather, as it (the electrical breakdown) supposedly happened last Thursday ;);) (hmmmm must have slept through that one as I didnt see or hear a damn thing!)

What a joke! :D

Edited by Carl43Wrexham

Posted

There was a thunderstorm in shrewsbury yesterday as I`ve just found out anyone in that area see anything apparently there was alot of lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...
:)

I have just read a very ominous post on one of the other weather related forums basically saying that the chances of this hot humid spell going out with a bang have practically gone, and to expect nothing more than a gradual change to cooler fresher weather, as it (the electrical breakdown) supposedly happened last Thursday :):) (hmmmm must have slept through that one as I didnt see or hear a damn thing!)

What a joke! :)

I am sharing your frustration. Sick of this weather, no sun , just hot humid and very very dull and overcast! AND NO STORMS (and it seems that the rest of the country is getting its fair share) Thursday will be a let down, in our area at least...

Yep just looking and today was a 76% chance for us in this location! And absolutely nothing doing and nothing on the horizon. Overcast and hot and thats it. Thursday is 41%, so no bloody chance...

Posted
I am sharing your frustration. Sick of this weather, no sun , just hot humid and very very dull and overcast! AND NO STORMS (and it seems that the rest of the country is getting its fair share) Thursday will be a let down, in our area at least...

Yep just looking and today was a 76% chance for us in this location! And absolutely nothing doing and nothing on the horizon. Overcast and hot and thats it. Thursday is 41%, so no bloody chance...

Thursday is definately last chance saloon...All I can see happening sadly is loads of rain. Then will be the added frustration as one chirpy weather presenter after another goes on about "thundery" rain. Were there any justice we'd have a repeat of the massive thunderstorms of 3rd July 2001...Jeez do I remember THAT night.

Posted

Blimey- did I see "convection" across South Dartmoor this evening?

Yup.

And what happened?

It did nothing. Oh and with the wind direction- any chance of hitting Plymouth? No.

If I get a storm, I'll be like those Aussie girls on Ladette to Lady who saw snow for the first time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I think there will be a thundery breakdown on the 1st/2nd but only for western areas. Perhaps Mark in Blackpool will have two decent shots, one tomorrow evening and the next overnight Thursday/Friday. Same goes for north Wales.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Were there any justice we'd have a repeat of the massive thunderstorms of 3rd July 2001...Jeez do I remember THAT night.

Ah the 3rd of July 2001. I was 12 years old at the time, and it was that night of storms that cured my fear of thunderstorms (or at least subdued it). I've never seen anything like that since; was a stunning event.

Edited by Paul R

Posted
Ah the 3rd of July 2001. I was 12 years old at the time, and it was that night of storms that cured my fear of thunderstorms (or at least subdued it). I've never seen anything like that since; was a stunning event.

My clearest recollection of that night was the frequency of the lightning and thunder...it was almost like being at a strobe light show...flashing every second at its peak and as for the thunder...one explosion after another...incredible.

Posted

Was woken up at 3am this morning by torrential rain frequent bright lightning and loud booming thunder, had a look through bedroom window and saw some excellent C.C and C.G flashes, the storm lasted a good hour so im now not a member of this club :p !

Posted
Was woken up at 3am this morning by torrential rain frequent bright lightning and loud booming thunder, had a look through bedroom window and saw some excellent C.C and C.G flashes, the storm lasted a good hour so im now not a member of this club :D !

Nice one mark :doh: I wonder how long i'll be waiting for something to happen :lol:

Posted
Was woken up at 3am this morning by torrential rain frequent bright lightning and loud booming thunder, had a look through bedroom window and saw some excellent C.C and C.G flashes, the storm lasted a good hour so im now not a member of this club :lol: !

There's the door...out you go (punts ex-member up the backside) GERCHA!!!! :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Well done Mark!! nothings happening here.I'm stuck in a tent at the moment its soooo hot :doh:

I've cancelled your membership. Maybe see you back in 2010 Lol (hopefully not) lol

Posted

well are only chance is for tomorrow in this current threat week...very surprised to be honest

not ONE storm all year here....and now we are aproaching July....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
well are only chance is for tomorrow in this current threat week...very surprised to be honest

not ONE storm all year here....and now we are aproaching July....

And after what looked such a rewarding period storm wise, turned out to be rubbish.

I think I could almost skulk back in to the no storms club after what turned out to be a fairly weak affair last week.

Posted

Yes Steve......This week looked so convincing

.Havent seen charts with such potentail for EVERY day in the UK

Such a dissapointment....

Im glad some people got Storms but many havent also.....we currently stand at 0

If tomorrow doesnt produce I WILL have to ban myself from looking at charts :doh:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The thing is, it looks like a period of heavy rain with maybe the odd embedded storm. Not exactly a for gone conclusion we will get anything other than rain. :doh:

Posted

what makes it worse is the weather TV presenters saying heavy TS...and nothing happens..........

Ive lost count how many times I shuved my camera's outin the garden or on the window sill this week..lol

NOT TODAY :good:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I have my camaras charged and ready last week. I think I may have to re-charge the batteries as I have'nt used them yet. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still no storms to be seen here in west country. Humid hot and uncomfortable yes but not even a sniff of a good storm so far.

Don't like our chances for the rest of week either. :lol:

Posted

Tonight is looking promising for us, but whats the betting we end up with just rain?