Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I'm outta this club :D

Posted

I'M OUTTA HERE! I WAS OUT CYCLING AND HAD AN EXCELLENT DISPLAY OF LIGHTNING! LOTS OF CG'S! WOOOHOO! SCREW YOU GUYS I'M GOING HOME :D:D:D

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Im out of here , WAY HAY , WHAT A FANTASTIC SHOW, was at work in Gateshead ,

Posted

I hope we get something tomorrow or I'm not going to be a happy bunny! :girl_devil:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Lovely day here in south Kent. Cloudless and 25 C. Hoping for a thundery breakdown Friday and very jealous of all the storms up north. Not a storm this year to date so far.

Posted

This is my 1st post in this forum and i want FULL membership ,none of your `i had a storm recently etc etc last week blah blah blah rubbish!! :lol:

Let me tell you about the newark force field.....hasn`t failed for ages :lol: The big storms in the midlands the other week split and went north and south of me and nothing this week either ggrrrrrrrr (now for a deep breath, thanks for listening :D )

Posted

at last, this area of morecambe bay can cancel its membership of the no storms club, between 4-5 am this morning we had the passing edge of a storm that had previously hit (literally) southport and blackpool. but ive never known our 1st thunder day to be so late in the year.

Posted

It's about time something happened around here :) there hasn't even been any threatening clouds for weeks :)

maybe that will change in the coming days :blush:

Posted
Lovely day here in south Kent. Cloudless and 25 C. Hoping for a thundery breakdown Friday and very jealous of all the storms up north. Not a storm this year to date so far.

We can only sit a wait :blush: ,its been absolutely useless,just a drop of rain would be exiting,the grass here is rapidly turning brown,the Medway in town is well low,its just about heaving itself along.

Posted
just a drop of rain would be exiting,the grass here is rapidly turning brown,

I agree. it's hardly rained here in weeks and the grass is brown :blush: It's the damn rain shield :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow
I agree. it's hardly rained here in weeks and the grass is brown :clap: It's the damn rain shield :huh:

No rain has fallen in Guildford for 3 weeks now and we are one week into an absolute drought.

The rainfall total for June was a paltry 14.2 mm after dry conditions through March. The last proper wet period was during the snow in early February!

I have noticed another pattern - very little rain has fallen during any afternoons or evenings. Afternoon showers have been non-existant which partly explains the lack of thunder, but there has been a statisitical bias to mornings with rain, usually in small and useless amounts but enough to ruin early morning cycling. Another reason for the lack of thunder could be the timing of the rain where the frontal activity is over this part of S.E. England between 4 am ~ 10 am when convection and the rain is at its weakest and thunder is least likely.

In the 5 months since early February there have been only 4 wet evenings - Monday 9th February; Tuesday 3rd March; Monday 23rd March and Thursday 14th May.

The 'no storms' status continues.

I sincerely hope this breakdown expected at the end of the week brings something.

I am getting thoroughly fed up with the Exeter - Honiton - Somerset border region getting all the storms - why has this area been so succeptible to excting thunderstorms in recent months? Examples: October 30th hailstorm - a freak and surprise event; the tremendous snow of 5th~6th February - which was also accompanied by thunder; another huge snowfall on 5th March which missed this region by about 15 miles and we get NOTHING again; another torrential deluge on Saturday 6th June and apparently some other thunderstorms in June too.

You've guessed it - that area will get another pasting on Thursday / Friday while we miss out yet again and get promised a return to more SWly windy garbage which won't deliver thunderstorms or any convection locally.

I apologise to anyone in that region of S.W. England who is a severe weather enthusiast who has missed the events I mention. I know how close it can get - it was infuriating to see Wisley getting pasted with 42 mm on 10th September 2005 yet it remained bone dry only 7 miles away where I live. What really gets my goat is missing out altogether and getting nothing while either many other areas get something or a few areas get everything or keep hitting the jackpot on several occasions. I know I am raving on but this summer is really begining to p**s me off. One storm, and if it's a prolonged and good one, will make me happy. Distant rumbles from someone elses fun doesn't count as a satisfying storm but must be recorded as a 'thunder day' in my records (see previous post).

Here's hoping for some fun on Friday - I can guarantee it will probably rain between 4 am and 10 am, the time I will be on a bike ride but it would be so much more satisfying to get this long awaited thunderstorm.

Posted

No actual hit from a storm again today though one did form and then die pretty quickly very close to me, dunno why perhaps the shear / upper winds were too weak but it was enough to blacken the sky and give some real window shakers and a touch of summer storm feel from the small amount of rain that fell.

This proves the point I have been trying to push across here for the what.. 2 days or so that I have been involved in this thread?

My point being that if you have not yet seen a storm then do not despair as we have the whole of July, August, September and even October in which there is always the potential for a good storm.

Yet as a member of the 2009 storm virgins guild I have been reminding you all of this for less than a week before nature takes a swing at me, albeit a swing that missed but my point stands.

Cheer up, it's happening!

And on quite a big scale this year.

Posted

If I was still a member of this club I would be so hacked off after seeing cell after cell wanging up the lower Pennines and missing Darlington by some 15 - 20 miles. All I got out of it yesterday was a few distant rumbles :doh:

Posted

AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B) :) B) :):wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::cray::cray::cray::cray:

i hate that im not going to get a storm!

this is making me :wacko: :crazy: yep! this is making me crazy!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Share everyones frustrations in here....apparently plenty of action in Connahs Quay area N.Wales on tuesday night, here we are ten miles away and not a peep...! Just the same old dirty grey blanket of cloud we have had all week, and no sign again of anything kicking off. I wouldn't mind, its hot but its not even sunny, I think Ive seen the sun twice this week. just dull and uncomfortable. I hate the weather in this area, it must be the countries most boring surely...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still nothing here but hazy hot sunshine and the heavy showers and thunderstorms look like missing us again!

Posted

Another hot and humid day with Temperatures above what I can reasonably cope with.

Two children home from school with serious heat rash and still no sign of anything to get rid of this heat.

Just to be able to breathe at night would be good.

Still no thunder or rain . . not even a little drop.

Janet

Posted
5 days of no rain here bar the odd light shower over night.

Only 5 days? B) It's rained once in about the last 30 days here :o No doubt tomorrow will be another dry

day with any showers missing my area in all directions B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Still in the no storms club...and judging by this absolute joke of a breakdown it looks certain I will be a member for some time to come.

Sod off naff breakdown...and sod off Met Office for all your wildly inaccurate pathetic weather warnings.

Posted

I do hope nobody is getting their hopes up about tomorrow. Once it was forecast 1500j/kg CAPE and LI of -5 now it has nearly totally disappeared. Be lucky to get some feeble showers.