Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club 2009' Continued......

Posted

The worst 2 years for storms go to 1991 and 2002 here since mid april

1991 only gave 1 hour of thundery bursts of rain 6am

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/19...00119910706.gif

Another day gave a few rumbles with 1 rumble of thunder in May(3 days)

2002 just one day all summer but lasting 2 hours with heavy thundery showers from 3.10pm(1 day)

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/archive/ra/20...00120020823.gif

Last week was a dissapointment but at least there was 2 days when thunder was heard out to the west albeit very far away on one day making a total now of (6 days) with thunder heard but with 3 one thunderstorm and one thundery west which was notable for here,and aprils strange but memorable couple of thundery morning showers.

Posted

Jane Louise. Stamp my NSC pass again please.

I feel like a football club that ends up in one league then relegated to another bi-weekly. :lol:

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Jane Louise. Stamp my NSC pass again please.

I feel like a football club that ends up in one league then relegated to another bi-weekly. :lol:

Phil.

All done Phil. The way things are going with the storms I don't think any of us are going to see one through the rest of the Summer grrrrrrrr. :lol: I'm beginning to give up now. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

No storms and no rain here. We've had only 3mm of rain since 6 June, the fields are brown and the my allotment is a disaster.

We only had 20mm in May and 13mm in June so even if it rained now it would just run off. It never ceases to amaze me how different the weather can be within a small geographical area.

Posted
No storms and no rain here. We've had only 3mm of rain since 6 June, the fields are brown and the my allotment is a disaster.

We only had 20mm in May and 13mm in June so even if it rained now it would just run off. It never ceases to amaze me how different the weather can be within a small geographical area.

It's not just my area that desperately needs rain then. As you can see on my above pic, things are the same around here

with the fields brown. I thought today might of produced the odd showers but no suck luck :rolleyes:

Posted

There's some impressive convection here! :o and there's no storms even forecast. :o

Posted

Here in Ash, on the Surrey / Hants border, we only had 12.9mm of rain in June and that followed a very dry April and May and so far in July we have had 0.6mm. The grass looks like straw and we have been watering our allotment regularly since beginning of May.

Please let it rain!

Edited by milkman

Posted
There's some impressive convection here! :D and there's no storms even forecast. :)

Monday, or else I will eat my socks!

If not then erm... Pass the salt someone. :)

Phil.

Posted
Monday, or else I will eat my socks!

If not then erm... Pass the salt someone. :D

Phil.

And I will too lol and my plants :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Monday could be interesting. You storm starved people really need to get a move on and get one now. :D

Posted
Monday could be interesting.

Or frustrating? :) I don't think i'll come online on monday,otherwise i'll look at the radar and see big showers

just missing my area again :D

Posted

Who hasn`t even heard a rumble of thunder so far this year or a distant thundery shower?

The reason I`m asking is a certain windflow direction will have either a better or worse effect for a certain part of the country.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
Who hasn`t even heard a rumble of thunder so far this year or a distant thundery shower?

The reason I`m asking is a certain windflow direction will have either a better or worse effect for a certain part of the country.

I heard (or should I say felt) 1 rumble about 2 weeks ago that shook the house, but that's all

Posted
I heard (or should I say felt) 1 rumble about 2 weeks ago that shook the house, but that's all

Sounds like an earth tremor lol :doh:

At least Wales still gets many more snow days to thunder days on average a year.

A west to SW wind always seems to build thunderstorms further to the east,but Wales usually doesn`t get anything.

But a SSW wind can bring thunderstorms here when it`s warmer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another day of weather warnings and not even a spot of rain to show for it.

:shok:

Posted
Another day of weather warnings and not even a spot of rain to show for it.

:shok:

The same thing happened here 3 times last week. I don't take any notice of the warnings anymore.

Posted

:lol: If the forecast is true for tomorrow,there may be none of us left in the NSC by tommorow night <_< .It's actually looking quite promising. :rolleyes:

Back to camping tomorow with my latop.It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

Posted
:) If the forecast is true for tomorrow,there may be none of us left in the NSC by tommorow night <_< .It's actually looking quite promising. :rolleyes:

Back to camping tomorow with my latop.It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

Hi jane. i'll be pleased with a few more downpours tomorrow, as everywhere is still very dry despite a downpour earlier today.

lets hope tomorrow finally delivers the goods for us :lol:

Posted
Storms in Scunny? No chance! It looks promising for today but the shield is still strong :)

:) I agree mate,it's going to take one hell of a storm to break the shield :)

Posted

Nothing here, as usual. I thought today might be a good chance for our first thunderstorm of the year (and not more weak thundery showers). Haven't had any thunder yet today.

Posted

The storm shield has finally been broken this afternoon ;) 2 storms but not much rain unfortunately :D

another 2 storms just missed by a few mile, so i was close to having 4 storms this afternoon :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
The storm shield has finally been broken this afternoon :D 2 storms but not much rain unfortunately :lol:

another 2 storms just missed by a few mile, so i was close to having 4 storms this afternoon :lol:

Adios....

I wonder how many members of the NSC will be still members after tomorrow...besides me of course. :lol:

Posted
Adios....

I wonder how many members of the NSC will be still members after tomorrow...besides me of course. :lol:

well w e are still here...yet again we have missed out.....though the day is young :lol: