Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

25.3c now feeling very warm now, keep an eye on blackpool airport which is showing 27c now!

Annoying mid level cloud has rolled in again :) .......... at least its very humid, i love this feel to the weather, as far as i`m concerned higher the dew points the better in summer as they are so rare same as the colder the dew points in winter the better, i don't get people on weather forums moaning its too hot(even though its not) when they are for months wanting that kind of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

The temperature has shot up to 29.0C here, i thought it had stopped at 27.5C and was about to go down. I can confirm this because heathrow recently reported 29C as hottest temp in country, and my temp gauges are usually a bit lower than what heathrow reports.

Hoping to break 30*C and make a 3 year record but i think todays gonna fall just short.

'tis hot tho, the temp. in my paddling pools over 30C (with the help of a kettle admittedly) :lol:

Some cumulus clouds around hope they don't block out sun too much :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Might do but I doubt it, onshore breeze will keep it down.

I think you're probably right actually. Exeter is a little bit inland (which certainly helped with the generation of those February snowstorms, and the convergence-generated convective storms on 15 June for example) but it is a peripheral coastal location facing the wind. It's looking like I'm heading for a max of 23 or 24C today, but I can't complain at that- for me, it's right in the "comfortably warm" category.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A sheet of altocumulus and stratocumulus has spread from the south in the last hour, shutting out the sunshine. One or two cumulus turrets visible to the south, consistent with a few light showers between here and Birmingham on the NW radar. Very warm, would estimate around 23c. Brierlow Bar to the north of me is showing 26.1c but tends to read several degrees too high in this sort of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very nice today, breezy with some sunshine, temperature is a pleasant 24C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Cloud rolled in once more after our couple of hours of sunshine. There's blue to my south so hoping this lot will push on soon. Although it's pretty hot feeling already with dew point of almost 18c (17.7c) and temp of 22.2c. Adding sunshine and it will roast no doubt!

Posted
A sheet of altocumulus and stratocumulus has spread from the south in the last hour, shutting out the sunshine. One or two cumulus turrets visible to the south, consistent with a few light showers between here and Birmingham on the NW radar. Very warm, would estimate around 23c. Brierlow Bar to the north of me is showing 26.1c but tends to read several degrees too high in this sort of weather.

you are on the edge of that trough hence the increase in cloud and the same for Botte

Posted
you are on the edge of that trough hence the increase in cloud and the same for Botte

Same here, belongs it doesn't stick around it doesn't bother me to much. Still feels very warm out there. Temp currently 24.0c with the dew point 17.4c

Should be good weather for my school prom later today and into tonight :lol:

Posted

A gloriously sunny and warm morning here (26ºc at 10am) has given way to a cloudy, but still very warm, afternoon.

Current temperature 28.4ºc

Humidity 48%

Pressure 1016.4hPa

Average windspeed 2.2mph

Maximum gust speed 7.6mph

Rainfall last 24 hours 0.6mm

Posted

Very warm and sunny here with scattered cumulus clouds. Nearby Prestwick AP is reporting 25c @ 13:50, i'm recording 28.9C which i'm guessing is at least 2c too high, so i'd go with around 26/27C here currently :lol:

Posted

A bit of high cloud around as well as some puffy stuff, but it's hot, 31.1c at the moment and the hottest day of the year so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Yes John, I've watched it trundle slowly north over the last few hours. Producing nothing but cloud here but there's a light shower over Tideswell, enough to get wet if you were out cycling/walking there.

Posted

Dull and hazy here some very thundery cloud to the south over the Cairngorms so we get a heavy shower later. Currently 23c and a light north wind off the sea, just heard a rumble of thunder!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

25.6 here warmest day of the year and pretty good for cumbria!! went out in my car it was reading 27.5 but that may be to high

Posted

yes the Ac sheet came in here after about 1410 BST

temp is at 25.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still pretty overcast but some holes in the cloud keeping it bright. Some direct sun would be good tho!

Now 22.4c so not really heatwave territory yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wind has died down now, making the temperature rise quick. 25C

Posted

its 28.5°C here and with plently of sunshine around think i may go in the garden.

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Currently at 15:00hrs, hot with sunny spells, temperature 26.3c. 5 Oktas of Cumulus mediocris, Cirrocumulus.

Today’s conditions and Readings @ 09:00 GMT:

After another mild night (minimum 14.9c) a misty and overcast start once again. The sun began to break through just before the observation period as the Stratus rapidly began to thin and fragment.

Sky: 4 Oktas, Stratus fractus

Temperature: 18.9°C

Wind Direction: Force 2 NE

Humidity: 89%

Barometer: 1017mb rising.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 25.6°C

Minimum temperature: 14.4°C

Minimum temperature on grass: 11.5°C

Rainfall total: 0.0 mm.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday:

It has been another very warm night, minimum only 15.2c. Misty and overcast to begin with, a few bright patches appearing around the observation. Bright spells developed through the morning turning to good sunny spells during the afternoon, feeling hot and humid, with only an intermittent very light easterly wind, maximum temperature 25.6c.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 2009 so far:

Mean temperature: 14.9c + 0.6c

Maximum temperature: 27.0c on the 2nd

Minimum temperature: 2.3c on the 4th

Grass Minimum: 0.5c on the 4th

Rainfall = 60.9mm

Wettest 24 hours: on the 7th = 23.3mm

Maximum wind gust: 32mph ESE on the 7th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 so far:

Maximum temperature: 27.0c on the 2nd June.

Minimum temperature: –7.3 on the 7th January

Grass Minimum: –9.4c on the 7th February

Rainfall: = 297.8mm

Wettest 24 hours: 23.3mm on the 7th June.

Maximum wind gust: 46mph 23rd March.

Edited by Polar Continental

Posted

Hottest day of the year so far in Northants. Currently 28 °C which is todays max so far. Plenty of sunshine on offer, but the heat is quite uncomfortable now.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Now cloudy again with light rain Humid as per last few days. Max temp 23.7C.