Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Well some RF now appearing jut off the coast of Brest/France, and Im wondering if this could be the start of the possible 'plume' overnight for the SW?

They did recently updated forecast on metofficr saying thunderstorms or heavy rain for southwestern areas but think heavy rain will win :rolleyes:

Posted

God it's hot up here today, and humid.

All thats needed now is a spark and this atmosphere will go up like a swimming pool full of diesel.

I'm not expecting to see anything today tbh but all it needs is that little push..

Posted
God it's hot up here today, and humid.

All thats needed now is a spark and this atmosphere will go up like a swimming pool full of diesel.

I'm not expecting to see anything today tbh but all it needs is that little push..

instead of the sky having the diesel :rolleyes: , shove it this way into my cars fuel tank :p:p

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Somethings happenning here, winds suddenly picked up and quite gusty swirling about in all directions :rolleyes:

Posted

i think we might have a anvil forming....cant confirm yet because some clouds in the way......direction EAST

its hard to tell at present...but I think its close.....

edit.....

I dont think it is yet...its on time frame with camera

Edited by dogs32

Posted

NW 5 min radar showing first signs of showers building, including what might be the 'anvil' Dogs reported. Also ties in with Sat24 that appears to show a CU field forming across the country and moving NE

Posted
Aha! Now we have convection here with very strong shaped TCu. The temp here is, dare I say it, 'Hot' (around 28C). I can't imagine what it's like in the SE, must be sweltering. :rolleyes: I don't think much will come of these towers but there are a few showers being picked up on Radar so who knows.

29.3C currently :p potent showers in NW Scottyland?

torrential downpour ENE of Hereford developed in just 10 mins

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

I 'think' I twice heard distant thunder in Redditch - can anyone confirm? (especially as I have now brought all my washing in) :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Somthing buidling south of here in the distance...

In face just checked and Radar showing this up east of Newtown an South of Welshpool. If it keeps on track will be able to report if its thundery or not for folks further north.

Posted

I will be to far south for this afternoon/evening I think so looking forward to tonight.

High res is all go for tonight, GFS less so, so we will see what happens and which is right

Hot here, about 28/29 ish. Some good convection too, but all seems to be capped as I think John mentioned earlier.

Posted
well this cell is rapidly developing and approaching :rolleyes:

That'll be the one. Very dark to the west of Redditch and have heard some more rumbles in the distance. It looks to be heading towards the NW and will skirt Redditch. Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Does anyone have any thoughts of a developing showery plume affecting SW england tonight? I've seen on BBC forecasts, that they said some showery rain will push northwards into east wales - they dont really know for certain if it will be thundery or not...Anyone got any idea if this will be thundery? CAPE & LI look good for later on.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted
Does anyone have any thoughts of a developing showery plume affecting SW england tonight? I've seen on BBC forecasts, that they said some showery rain will push northwards into east wales - they dont really know for certain if it will be thundery or not...Anyone got any idea if this will be thundery? CAPE & LI look good for later on.

I think it might be, but not sure by how much, similar sort of thing the other night but a lack of instability stopped it in it's tracks. The high res model has a lot of instability over the SW, will be worth checking the GFS in a minute.

Posted
I think it might be, but not sure by how much, similar sort of thing the other night but a lack of instability stopped it in it's tracks. The high res model has a lot of instability over the SW, will be worth checking the GFS in a minute.

very dark clouds to my east at the moment, looking to miss me.

EDIT: there look to be two showers around here, one heading northwards, and the other north west, which could come in my direction, and could have a sferic attached to it.

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hopefully we will see something interesting develop later on then B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It is absolutely flipping COOKING out there. I kinda wish I hadn't played tennis in it this afternoon, I am feeling weak and the heat was intense because there was no shade on the court. So was out in the sun for 3 hours with no hat on or anything. Got through 2 litres of water and 3 cans of drink lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wow, the only storm in the country and it seems to be heading straight for me! No doubt it will die out though. But once again it has just popped up out of nowhere!

Posted
Hard to tell where this cell is headed, I'm sure it's moving NE but looks like it now may graze the Wern edge of B'ham. I suppose I should stop looking at Radar now since the cell is within range now and will just see what it does. Sorry for the sea of posts, just that this is the only cell around and could hit me dead on...shouldn't have said that B)

pouring down here now just west of brum, looks fairly nasty, and heading NWwards if my geography serves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

That cell is definitely heading NNE, if you run the animation for the last 2 hours on the NW radar you will see it.

Posted

Any thundery activity from that shower? just to my south atm.

Posted
Any thundery activity from that shower? just to my south atm.

afraid not, no rumbles of thunder where it is now, but some very heavy rain, and a brief period of hail too.