Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms & Convective Discussion

Tim B

Posted
We had a big flash then out electric went off...its all stopped now and brighting up

Yep, and when you look outside at the clouds, you think that produced what we just got because if you somehow slept through it you would of thought you didnt miss much as the skies are all messy now. Admittedly lightning was not all that frequent all but the rain certainly was torrential.

Be interesting to see if the local news bullitons have anything to report on today's storms, i'm sure they will considering they occured over Tyne & Wear/Parts of Durham and not in Cumbria.

Fingers crossed Harry but i'm more than happy with what i got but more is welcomed. Can still hear distant rumbling from the cell we just had as the storms moves away/weakens.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Hmm...not so sure you've finished just yet - further quite intense cell following behind could come v close to you within the hour

Looking like a very interesting one that. Could coincide with me getting out of work too. Looks like a fun drive home!

Can see it getting dark to the south/south west now.

Posted

Dont know if anythings happend but theres sirens going mad on the john reid road hope its not bad ive got to to to the A19 around 5.30

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Do you mind? It's my job to be the pessimistic one around here :D Lovely convection to my NW but I'm just enjoying the heat. :D As for potential storms tomorrow and Friday, well that's anyones guess.

I learnt it off you mate :D

I can''t say I'm enjoying the heat tbh, never liked it. The air feels stagnent and vile. yet my next door neighbour is say in the garden and shes rubbing cooking oil over herself so she burns...must have lost the plot!

I think Friday will be like last Friday, too meny possibilities with everyone second guessing. We will have what we have I spose.

Posted

Huge thunderstorm to my south ans especially southwest now. The thunder is getting nearer.

The storm is developing more on the western side so east Manchester might get some moderate rain while west Manchester a deluge!

Karyo

Posted
Heavy shower has started here but as I'm still a member of the no storms club - no thunder - naturally :D:D

I give up!

Those mid-level showers your getting,they developed pretty sharply could see some mid-level calvus but nothing compared with the big proper CB`s beyond that east/NE.

these fast developing cells are heading up the M6 corridor, dont now how long they'll last but they're heading due north towards Manchester

I saw those,some cumulus out that way late morning,they were the most impressive clouds today around 6 out that way. :D

Convection appearing here to the far north, i can see towering clouds, could be something in mid wales later on

Yes there was when I was out distant TCU out to the west/SW but nothing like yesterday.

Become sunny and hot now with mid-level showers passed.

Posted

Oooowwwww, pretty colours in the sky!!!!!

post-6667-1246462707_thumb.png

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I was in the intensive-care unit at south tyneside hospital when that storm

arrived knocking all the lights off but fortunately the life support systems

run off a source with back-up the nurses informed me...

Still not finished up here yet with a bigger cell moving in from the SW and

the thunder can still be heard booming away...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

359hlqd.jpg

Some of the best castle turrent Accas I've seen here since august 1992 (and later that night we had a huge MCS from France)

Posted

Anyone have any confirmation of the lightning reported in east Anglia? I'm in London, but heading home to Norfolk. According to the Strikestar, there have been a couple of pops in the last 20 minutes around Norwich

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
Huge thunderstorm to my south ans especially southwest now. The thunder is getting nearer.

The storm is developing more on the western side so east Manchester might get some moderate rain while west Manchester a deluge!

Karyo

Tell me about it! Conservatory leak has soaked 4 towels so far! It's moving off towards the NE now here so still a rumble a minute, but it was overhead. Rain's starting up again now, but it's brighter than it was.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
I can see the CB to the south of me. It is slowly approaching so I am hoping it keeps its intensity.

The sky to the south of me has turned really dark!

Karyo

Quite a storm Karyo, heading towards Manchester Airport way. Made a account of peels of thunder, up 48 now, sorry 49 as I write. Still raining hard. Can see a clearance now to the south. Five thunderstorms in 5 days. Cheshire is thunderstorm ally ! 50 peels now reached. Impressive.

C

Posted

Impressively loud thunder now in Wythenshawe and the rain is starting to fall. Thunder every 30 secs or less!

Also gusty wind has developed!

I'm a happy bunny! :good:

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
If there there is thunder and lightning in south Wales, there'll be Rumbles in Mumbles :good:

Sunny and hot in the Mumbles!

Posted

I can hear the thunder all around me but not a drop of rain has fallen since a light shower at 10am. The storm at lunchtime was pretty bad but we just avoided the full force of it (worst luck)-still hoping we get something worth while.

Posted

massive crack of thunder from a cell miles away, we all jumped thought a plane had come down.. Must have been a huge bolt of lightning to cause such a boom from that far away.

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
Impressively loud thunder now in Wythenshawe and the rain is starting to fall. Thunder every 30 secs or less!

Karyo

hey up!

the only time i am off work it passes over head!

I am in middleton hopefully this storm will track NE and sit on me for a bit!

Posted

It's still raining torrentially (just had hail too) AND thundering with loads of flashes (some impressive strikes!)... and the sun is out! I'm just up the road from Carinthian at a guess - about 3 miles closer to Manchester airport. I wonder if this is the last of it - my rain radar link's not updating.

Posted
massive crack of thunder from a cell miles away, we all jumped thought a plane had come down.. Must have been a huge bolt of lightning to cause such a boom from that far away.

kaz

yes I have been watching that cell grow on radar..Only small but growing at present

Aslo some showers just off Cornwal

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Karyo

Radar showing the increasing intensity of this individual cell. Should soon be over heat Island of the city. Looks to be tracking towards city centre. Hot sunshine now! and steaming again. 60 rumble now counted.

C