Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms & Convective Discussion

Tim B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
massive crack of thunder from a cell miles away, we all jumped thought a plane had come down.. Must have been a huge bolt of lightning to cause such a boom from that far away.

kaz

Wow, that must be a really intense isolated storm in the SW. Looking at the radar it is a very small cell!

Posted

Afternoon all, hot and humid here, quite a bit of cloud around dont know what are chances of seeing anything are but its not look good :good:

Posted

It is boiling here 33 so far, I take it none of these storms are heading our way! enjoy them but be safe, try and get some good pics!

Posted
Radar showing the increasing intensity of this individual cell. Should soon be over heat Island of the city. Looks to be tracking towards city centre. Hot sunshine now! and steaming again. 60 rumble now counted.

C

Carinth can you see any convection to the south of you? I am greedy I know...

Karyo

Posted
Afternoon all, hot and humid here, quite a bit of cloud around dont know what are chances of seeing anything are but its not look good :good:

BBC and Met still say we have a chance tomorrow morning

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting Wales and southwestern areas of England during Thursday. Heavy, thundery rain will spread northeastwards during the day. Local downpours could generate 25 to 50 mm of rainfall. The rain will ease from the south during the second part of the day.

Posted

Looks like there is a new cell forming right behind the one I photographed earlier, looks like some areas may end up under a squall line through this evening.

Posted

Actually, the storm is mainly affecting the western parts of the city. Nothing much for the east but that's to be expected in such localised downpoors. I am enjoying the almost constant thunder!

Things are clearing to the south of me and I can't see any more convection at present!

Karyo

Posted
BBC and Met still say we have a chance tomorrow morning

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting Wales and southwestern areas of England during Thursday. Heavy, thundery rain will spread northeastwards during the day. Local downpours could generate 25 to 50 mm of rainfall. The rain will ease from the south during the second part of the day.

Devon and Cornwall are the places to be for the action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

Cells breaking out now in Mid-Wales.

Posted
Devon and Cornwall are the places to be for the action.

Ireland...I think at present...and yes Cornwal and Devon

BBC going more West than the MET

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
BBC update....flash player....at 16:42

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Been a while since I've seen such an emphatic display from a BBC presenter! They are saying 32C in the SE, could well be a degree or two higher - hopefully with it a bit more humid! :clap:

Posted
Ireland...I think at present...and yes Cornwal and Devon

Yes mid ireland are at best risk but devon and cornwall in the uk are best places. Unless the next gfs run sends it further east.

Posted

I get the impression he's not sure how's its going to pan out..........If its more East or West...

OR IF ITS EMBEDDED TS OR JUST heavy rain..

cells fast growing down N.France on radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

BBC seem to refuse to say thunderstorm here tomoorrw. Just looks like rain now except the GFS which shows very good potential for here. Knowing britain this heatwave will be going out with drizzly rain.

Hottest day so far though with 32/33c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Carinth can you see any convection to the south of you? I am greedy I know...

Karyo

No, just blue sky and a little medium level cloud.

C

Posted
I get the impression he's not sure how's its going to pan out..........If its more East or West...

OR IF ITS EMBEDDED TS OR JUST heavy rain..

cells fast growing down N.France on radar

To me it seems like the cloud moving NW will push them a little further east but i expect something will push them west again :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
The Meto say that the band of thundery rain from the SW will slowly disapate as it moves NE, though imo once it hits into that heat which will have been building for much of the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see thunderstorms in the Midlands. BBC are so vague about this system moving up from the S, is it thundery rain or is it thunderstorms?

Anyway GFS predicts CAPE to be around the Midlands from Midday tomorrow and given that we are meant to be under hot sunshine from the Midlands Ewrds, then I willing to bet a few people from here will see a thunderstorm.

Thats what i think too but the main websites are so reluctant to say what will happen plus we get so many dissapointments in these setups. I cant see why this heat wouldnt go without a bang though-BBC, Meto etc just want heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
The Meto say that the band of thundery rain from the SW will slowly disapate as it moves NE, though imo once it hits into that heat which will have been building for much of the day, I wouldn't be surprised to see thunderstorms in the Midlands. BBC are so vague about this system moving up from the S, is it thundery rain or is it thunderstorms?

Anyway GFS predicts CAPE to be around the Midlands from Midday tomorrow and given that we are meant to be under hot sunshine from the Midlands Ewrds, then I willing to bet a few people from here will see a thunderstorm.

I don't think the temps are that high Blizzards. The official readin from Meto is 29C but I would add another degree onto that locally.

Louise Lear said earlier it would be a band of very heavy rain with intense thunderstorms embedded within it - based on that I'd say thundery rain, lol. Though, if there are loads of thunderstorms building now and likely to merge there could be reason to suspect a possible MCS??

Edited by Harry

Posted
I don't think the temps are that high Blizzards. The official readin from Meto is 29C but I would add another degree onto that locally.

Its back to 31c right now but trust me, we have reached 32c in the sunshine and the temperature sensor is not in the sun or anything!

Posted

I think its worth watching the radar tonight down South....

Louise did say earlier intense thunderstorms embedded

Up North thats got to be the most Sferics I have seen this year IN the UK...lucky Northerner's

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I think its worth watching the radar tonight down South....

Louise did say earlier intense thunderstorms embedded

Up North thats got to be the most Sferics I have seen this year IN the UK...lucky Northerner's

Im guessing by what they are saying we will miss out again then if thunderstorms develop in midlands from this i will not be happy.